We have 10 years to save Earth's biodiversity as mass extinction caused by humans takes hold, UN war

Status
Not open for further replies.

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,453.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bottom line for believers
God has His hand on the climate
always has and still does.

M-Bob
This is standard evangelical gobbledegook talk - you are trying to dismiss an existential threat (global warming) by basically appealingly to the fantasy that God will take care of it.

Do you feel the same way about your Southern border? Why build a wall? God will keep the furreners out.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is standard evangelical gobbledegook talk - you are trying to dismiss an existential threat (global warming) by basically appealingly to the fantasy that God will take care of it.

Do you feel the same way about your Southern border? Why build a wall? God will keep the furreners out.

I guess you are the expert here today regarding global warming?
OK what do we have left?
6 months?
8 years?
12 years?
Let me know quickly
going to the feed store today
don't wish to over buy goat feed.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟904,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
God put Trump in charge of that.
Keep studying.
M-Bob

Yet you don't believe God put the other world leaders in place to tackle global warming?

Why would god favour the president of a country younger than hundreds/thousands of churches in Europe? Your argument lacks biblical basis and common sense.

• Agree
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yet you don't believe God put the other world leaders in place to tackle global warming?

Why would god favour the president of a country younger than hundreds/thousands of churches in Europe? Your argument lacks biblical basis and common sense.

STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!
I never said that
and sure don't believe it.
You have went a little too far there.
To be expected I guess.

= easy Trump win in 2020.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
1st, the end of the world will be man's creation.. not God's, and its heralded by certain courses of events - none of which I'm rushing gleefully toward. I trust God, it doesn't mean I plan on setting up Satan's kingdom for him for to do that would be my downfall....
Yeah, why be a player when its so much safer to be a fan?

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So no more stories about Hell being told to kids?

Brilliant!
Judgment Day is Coming and when it starts, many atheists will realize there is a God and He is angry.
Hell is nothing more than a lake of fire, similar to inside a volcano. It is called the Lake of Fire. Unbelievers get thrown in and are destroyed. Contrary to the traditionally held view of it being eternal, I believe it is more of an event that will be physical and on or in earth - just below the surface. The Bible speaks of angels witnessing people that are thrown in trying to climb out, so it is as a fissure, an opening in the earth that will release smoke, as in a volcanic eruption and inside, a lava lake. Is this difficult to imagine? You laugh at these things. Remember the scene when Golum fell into the lava river in the Lord of the Rings. That's as close of a visual picture of Hell as any. He was laughing on his way down holding onto his precious - until he realized -oops, this is hot ... I'm toast.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟649,452.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
So it’s okay to scare kids about what you believe is real but not about things that are actually real?

That’s an odd take.

The Prophets of old were not sent to scare but to tell
the people of Israel they needed to make a course adjustment.
To get back on track.

Scaremongering is not acceptable.

There are horror films for that.

And scarecrows.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟250,453.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
STOP PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!
I never said that...
M-Bob
Let’s recap:

1. You have shown that you favour direct action by human beings (e.g. Trump) to tighten up immigration.

2. You have claimed that God will take care of the climate, and that we don’t need to do anything.

Do you not see the problem?

• Agree
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, why be a player when its so much safer to be a fan?

I'm not doing Satan's work for him, that would make me his minion, and not a servant of the living God.

I do think minions are cute and quite funny though.. lol..

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Let’s recap:

1. You have shown that you favour direct action by human beings (e.g. Trump) to tighten up immigration.

2. You have claimed that God will take care of the climate, and that we don’t need to do anything.

Do you not see the problem?
People think their fatalism is generally principled.... until you ask them about their pet issues.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good point though. Why do you trust God with climate but not with Mexican border ?
We do our part, the rest we leave to Him. Actually the Church, (which is the body of Christ encompassing all 2.42 billion believers), is used to do His work. We are led by the Holy Spirit, Who guides us. Of course, we screw up, but He factirs in all our blunders into His PERFECT PLAN.
As God is sovereign, He has allowed evil for a purpose and so we see throughout history, good and evil woven together, for a purpose. This purpose is for us to learn, to be aware of our sins and as we learn about evil, we begin to understand what good is. We wouldn't know forgiveness, mercy, faith, hope, patience, healing, Grace, kindness, etc., if we didn't know their opposites.
We have laws to control evil and God ordained leaders and governments to protect the citizens, to restrain and punish evil doers. But corruption seeps in and we see nations fall.
The Old Testament shows us that His chosen nation, Israel, was given the LAW and failed to keep it. They were the test for mankind. Many generations were blessed with good kings and many were punished and had bad kings and/or they were defeated in wars and enslaved for periods of time.
The U.S. was blessed by God for hundreds of years but now we see corruption seeping in on all levels. As they label it, The Swamp, we see corruption in both sides and division at it's greatest. A Great nation has had its best years, but we have seen an increase in immorality. When this happens, as it did in the Bible, God punishes. I really think we are seeing the birth pangs of a new era about to be born
But before this new life, new era, JUDGMENT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.