whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
We need them every 3 months.

The UK’s minimum gap for Covid booster jabs will be halved from six months to three, after the government accepted advice from its vaccines watchdog to speed up the programme to limit the spread of the Omicron variant.

The health secretary, Sajid Javid, confirmed that all adults would be offered the jab, after the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) announced that the waiting time was being cut for all adults, with priority for booking to be decided by the NHS.

The watchdog said adults aged 18 to 39 should be offered booster jabs and recommended cutting the gap between second and third doses from at least six months to at least three months.

UK’s minimum gap for Covid booster jabs to be halved to three months

Don't worry, we'll determine if the vaccines protect against Omicron later. For now, just keep on getting jabbed.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,423,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Offering it to those with less immunity (elderly) or immunocompromised makes sense for now...until more is learned of Omicron.

Saying the new rules would be reviewed after three weeks, Javid said that if it turned out Omicron was no more dangerous than the currently dominant Delta variant, “then we will not keep measures in place a day longer than necessary”.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Offering it to those with less immunity (elderly) or immunocompromised makes sense for now...until more is learned of Omicron.
They can offer it every WEEK for all that that would matter, but there's no reason to think that the powers-that-be will be satisfied to let people make their own decisions without coercion and penalties.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟866,112.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just went ahead and hooked an IV up to my arm. I'm getting "vaccinated" constantly 24/7 and praying that they will just...leave...me...alone.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We need them every 3 months.

The UK’s minimum gap for Covid booster jabs will be halved from six months to three, after the government accepted advice from its vaccines watchdog to speed up the programme to limit the spread of the Omicron variant.

The health secretary, Sajid Javid, confirmed that all adults would be offered the jab, after the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) announced that the waiting time was being cut for all adults, with priority for booking to be decided by the NHS.

The watchdog said adults aged 18 to 39 should be offered booster jabs and recommended cutting the gap between second and third doses from at least six months to at least three months.

UK’s minimum gap for Covid booster jabs to be halved to three months

Don't worry, we'll determine if the vaccines protect against Omicron later. For now, just keep on getting jabbed.
I can't help but notice the quoted part of the article doesn't match the claims made in the title and post. Seems to be a bit of confusion between making boosters available after 3 months after the first shots versus a recommendation to get them every three months. Perhaps the OP can be updated to correct that misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They can offer it every WEEK for all that that would matter, but there's no reason to think that the powers-that-be will be satisfied to let people make their own decisions without coercion and penalties.

Except that in the UK, the powers-that-be are clearly satisfied to let people make their own decisions without coercion or penalties.

You are claiming that which is the exact opposite of reality.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
All indications are that Omicron will be less virulent than Delta. Only the unvaccinated or the elderly have alot to be worried about.

I am not worried one bit...i not been jabbed and pushing 58....

Let God's will be done..

Trust in God

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Let God's will be done..

Trust in God

A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.

"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."

"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."

Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.

"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."

Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."

After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.

"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."

Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.

And, predictably, he drowns.

A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"

God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Let God's will be done..

Trust in God

Trusting in God won't protect from coronavirus though. This is not a faith issue, just like trusting in God won't bring back the dead.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,777.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Trusting in God won't protect from coronavirus though. This is not a faith issue, just like trusting in God won't bring back the dead.

I dont trust the vaccines. I dont trust governments. World has gone bonkers.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont trust the vaccines. I dont trust governments. World has gone bonkers.

I hear ya... In my view, if the vaccine is bad, I'm ready to go down with all the other innocent people.

...I'm going down with the ship.

Upvote 0