We can fall...

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He will say that he never knew them on the day of judgement. This leaves plenty of time for the church to form. Jesus hasn't come back yet, unless I'm mistaken.

So you think that these words could not possibly apply to someone who is a member of First Baptist Church in Plainsville, Ohio?

Do you know for certain that every person in the local fellowship that you're part of is truly saved?

There is no such thing as unsaved yet being in the body of Christ, the church. The saved make up the body of Christ. The words "I never knew you" apply to anyone, everyone who has not obeyed the will of the Father.

• Agree
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as unsaved yet being in the body of Christ, the church. The saved make up the body of Christ. The words "I never knew you" apply to anyone, everyone who has not obeyed the will of the Father.

Do you believe in the notion of a local, visible church?

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I do not know exactly what you mean by 'visible' but the Lord's church has sister congregations in various places around the world.

I mean a particular fellowship with a name and address. Would you call these things churches?

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I mean a particular fellowship with a name and address. Would you call these things churches?

Then all congregations would be 'visible' since they have a physical location. Disciples of the Lord were instructed to 'come together' (Acts 20:7) and physics requires there be a physical location for them to follow this instruction. Yet the physical location, the building is not the church for the church is made up of the souls of those that are members of a particular congregation.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Then all congregations would be 'visible' since they have a physical location. Disciples of the Lord were instructed to 'come together' (Acts 20:7) and physics requires there be a physical location for them to follow this instruction. Yet the physical location, the building is not the church for the church is made up of the souls of those that are members of a particular congregation.

Ok. So is it possible for someone to be a member of a particular congregation and be unsaved?

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The letters are filled with human based logic and ideas.
Ideas and concepts Jesus does not ever mention.

How about this:

Luke 10:16
"Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

Upvote 0

TheSeabass

Jul 9, 2015
✟47,754.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Ok. So is it possible for someone to be a member of a particular congregation and be unsaved?
No- for the church, which is the body of Christ, is made up of the saved. IN Acts 2, those that obeyed the gospel as preached by Peter had their sins remitted, were saved (verse 38) and they were added to the church verse 47. So the church is made up of the saved, those who have had their sins washed away by the blood of Christ.

Upvote 0

Tree of Life

Hide The Pain
Feb 15, 2013
✟48,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No- for the church, which is the body of Christ, is made up of the saved. IN Acts 2, those that obeyed the gospel as preached by Peter had their sins remitted, were saved (verse 38) and they were added to the church verse 47. So the church is made up of the saved, those who have had their sins washed away by the blood of Christ.

So you believe that everyone who regularly attends your particular congregation is truly saved?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about this:

Luke 10:16
"Whoever listens to you listens to me; whoever rejects you rejects me; but whoever rejects me rejects him who sent me."

Luke is not considered one of the epistles.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes. I question if my uncle is saved, and he is a pastor.
While he can talk a good talk, his manner is that of a pagan.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Anyone who does not treat others well, has rejected the Holy Spirit.
There are church members who qualify.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Luke is not considered one of the epistles.

My point is that Jesus told you to listen to those he sent.

He gave the Church his authority to teach and make rules.

Here's another:

Matt 18:17
If they still refuse to listen, tell it to the church; and if they refuse to listen even to the church, treat them as you would a pagan or a tax collector.

Upvote 0