Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I saw this video on TV just recently,

Stream WE BELIEVE IN DINOSAURS on PBS

The PBS documentary "we believe in dinosaurs" focuses on can hams "the ark encounter".

I figured I would share for those who are interested in this subject.

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I saw this video on TV just recently,

Stream WE BELIEVE IN DINOSAURS on PBS

The PBS documentary "we believe in dinosaurs" focuses on can hams "the ark encounter".

I figured I would share for those who are interested in this subject.
I believe in dinosaurs too, as I believe in coal, diamonds, oil, bauxite, iron ore, and all the other things God deposited in the finished earth.
I believe in them because they are found in the ground.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I believe in dinosaurs too, as I believe in coal, diamonds, oil, bauxite, iron ore, and all the other things God deposited in the finished earth.
Do you realize that you just implied that your derision of God is a lar? Christians that believe in an honest God accept the findings of science.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you realize that you just implied that your derision of God is a lar? Christians that believe in an honest God accept the findings of science.
Hardly a derision of my Lord, but an observation of what He supplied the earth with at it's creation.
Adam was created a total man...right?
Why is it difficult to see the earth created as a total earth?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hardly a derision of my Lord, but an observation of what He supplied the earth with at it's creation.
Isn't it just a question of how long it took?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟257,746.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nice trick, you state as a believe what is a fact (the existence of coal diamonds etc) and state as a fact what is just a believe (god deposited).

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
No, there never was an Adam. The Earth, which you claim is God's work, tells us that. If you study the sciences at all that becomes apparent. So did your version of God lie by planting false evidence? If God cannot lie then Genesis cannot be read literally.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nice trick, you state as a believe what is a fact (the existence of coal diamonds etc) and state as a fact what is just a believe (god deposited).
It is a fact to me.
Who else is going to put dinosaur bones in the ground?
God created a finished earth with all the essential minerals and what-not in place.
Among those things were the bones and fossils of the things those minerals were formed from.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, there never was an Adam. The Earth, which you claim is God's work, tells us that. If you study the sciences at all that becomes apparent. So did your version of God lie by planting false evidence? If God cannot lie then Genesis cannot be read literally.
If there was no Adam, you have no hope of anything beyond the end of this life.
I don't know how you can live like that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how you can live like that.
You may look at it that way, but not all Christians do. In fact Genesis presents some very troublesome theology The "God" of Genesis if taken literally appears to be incompetent and cruel. He blames others for his errors and punishes excessively. It is better to look at it as a morality tale. And worse yet one ends up calling God a liar when he takes Genesis literally.

And why would you need anything beyond this life? Is one not good enough for you?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
It is a fact to me.
God created a finished earth with all the essential minerals and what-not in place.
Among those things were the bones and fossils of the things those minerals were formed from.

Planting false evidence is a form of lying. Are you sure that you want to claim that God did that?

• Haha
Reactions: summerville
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You may look at it that way, but not all Christians do. In fact Genesis presents some very troublesome theology The "God" of Genesis if taken literally appears to be incompetent and cruel. He blames others for his errors and punishes excessively. It is better to look at it as a morality tale. And worse yet one ends up calling God a liar when he takes Genesis literally.
An atheist's opinion is an atheist's opinion.
I'll base my beliefs on what is written, and you can base yours on what you feel apart from God.

And why would you need anything beyond this life? Is one not good enough for you?
My life is nothing to crow about.
I walk with the promise of something better, promised by the Creator of all things.

• Agree
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Planting false evidence is a form of lying. Are you sure that you want to claim that God did that?
You call it false evidence, but I don't.
His reasons will surely be revealed to the faithful eventually.
Wouldn't you like to be there when it is explained?

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
An atheist's opinion is an atheist's opinion.
I'll base my beliefs on what is written, and you can base yours on what you feel apart from God.

It is not just an atheists opinion. It is also the opinion of many Christians and can be supported. And no, I base my beliefs on what can be supported by reality. You are making a false idol of the Bible. A mistake that two many Christians make. Is that the Second or Third Commandment that you would be breaking?

My life is nothing to crow about.
I walk with the promise of something better, promised by the Creator of all things.

That is rather sad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You call it false evidence, but I don't.
His reasons will surely be revealed to the faithful eventually.
Wouldn't you like to be there when it is explained?
That is only because you do not understand the evidence. In fact most creationists do not even understand the concept of evidence. They cannot afford to.

And how can one be at a place that almost certainly does not exist, never will exist, and never had existed? But even more important it appears that you are fine with God lying. If he lies by planting false evidence, something that I did not believe when I was a Christian which is why even as a Christian I accepted the theory of evolution, then why couldn't he lie about other promises? It makes more sense to believe in a God that does not lie and that Genesis was not meant to be read literally.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That is a fallacy of formal logic called the Inverse Error. Bad logic doesn't threaten my salvation.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟257,746.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is a fact to me.
Facts are not "facts for you". Facts are facts. And as I said, you state your believes as facts.
Why should it be a "who"? By asking it that way you already rigged the question. Can't you think of any way in which dead bodies can get covered, except of an intelligent agent, really?
1) Again, that's what you believe.
2) You realize that based on these minerals, fossils etc scientists deducted certain events and ages that -- if you got it right -- never happened. That makes your god a deceiver. Are you sure you want to go down that road?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟257,746.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What does that even mean, a "total earth"?

Upvote 0