Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Fr. Basil's Debit Card got stolen a few days ago, and the thief took $420 out of his account, which, frankly, was almost all that he has.

Due to a difference of opinion with the management, we are being evicted, and we need to find a new apartment. I was planning to pay deposits/first month rent, etc. out of my money, and use his for living on for the month. Now, we are living off of my SS Check for the month, and I'm not sure if we will have enough to pay bills, pay deposits, and so on.

Please pray that God will help us with the money, get everything put together, and make sure that we are able to get a new home.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,916.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Fr. Basil's Debit Card got stolen a few days ago, and the thief took $420 out of his account, which, frankly, was almost all that he has.

Due to a difference of opinion with the management, we are being evicted, and we need to find a new apartment. I was planning to pay deposits/first month rent, etc. out of my money, and use his for living on for the month. Now, we are living off of my SS Check for the month, and I'm not sure if we will have enough to pay bills, pay deposits, and so on.

Please pray that God will help us with the money, get everything put together, and make sure that we are able to get a new home.

:heart: i'm soooooo sorry......praying that God moves quickly to provide for each of you and open doors of blessings and favor for a place to live. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))

• Agree
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Oh, I’m so sorry. My ATM card was compromised this week, too, though the thief only got a small amount (since God was merciful enough to allow me to note the loss quickly). I am praying for you. Lord, have mercy.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

All I have to do is tell the bank I did not use the card and they will refund the amount that was stolen. Even if I have a dispute and tell the bank I did not authorize the charges they will reverse them.

• Agree
Reactions: RC1970
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
All I have to do is tell the bank I did not use the card and they will refund the amount that was stolen. Even if I have a dispute and tell the bank I did not authorize the charges they will reverse them.

His money will be refunded, but not until end of business on the 20th of December.

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

Strong Wave

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado
✟28,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m so sorry to hear about what you’re all going through. I’m praying for God’s will to be done in your situation. Let trust that He’ll answer in His own time, according to His perfect wisdom. May our Father in heaven bless you and Fr. Basil as you place your trust in Him.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, I pray that You will use this situation to Your own glory. I pray that You will use people to help these two, to help them in both ways they are thinking about, and You are thinking about. Use these difficulties to bring them to see how You provide for such needs, and for even greater needs. May they be truly blessed in the near future because of all this. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Our Father owns cattle on "a thousand hills" what is that small amount to HIM? God says He knows what we need before we need it! Ask Him to show you what you shall learn from this experience, and don't doubt that He will take care of you... thank Him in advance, expecting!
images

Upvote 0