We are the Church, so why is it a problem churches temporarily closed?

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Joel 2:12 Yet even now, saith Jehovah, turn ye unto me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: 13 and rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto Jehovah your God; for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abundant in lovingkindness, and repenteth him of the evil. 14 Who knoweth whether he will not turn and repent, and leave a blessing behind him, even a meal-offering and a drink-offering unto Jehovah your God?

so what do we repent of specifially? as christians we are not involved in evil in the world, so are we repenting on behalf of those others who are doing it> or is it about us repenting of our own perosnal sins?

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Large gatherings like typical church meetings are ideal environments for the spread of a virus. That is why we have met this way for 2,000 years, the spread of God's word. But at the end of the age each of us is to go meet the Lord with our lamps lit and vessels full of oil. You had 2,000 years to get prepared. This will be the real lantern festival.

i know am so looking forward to them opening again. mean time, we are still the church and we cannot be stopped. God is in us, working His purpose in us all.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so what do we repent of specifially? as christians we are not involved in evil in the world, so are we repenting on behalf of those others who are doing it> or is it about us repenting of our own perosnal sins?
Well that is what Amos and Habakkuk focus on. I answered your question in my blog.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
those times were judgements from God though. different kettle of fish.
There is an interesting verse in the book of James. He says that when some read the Bible it is like looking in the mirror, but as soon as they go away they forget what they look like. I believe the Bible is a mirror, it shows us what we look like and that every verse is for our admonition. I believe we are all the same kettle of fish.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is an interesting verse in the book of James. He says that when some read the Bible it is like looking in the mirror, but as soon as they go away they forget what they look like. I believe the Bible is a mirror, it shows us what we look like and that every verse is for our admonition. I believe we are all the same kettle of fish.

maybe. it COULD be judgement from God. i have heard variou sopinions. i think for those of us who are Christians we are to carry on in our walk with Jesus, pressing on and getting ever closer to Him. nations can be judged but our individual lives and walks are most important.

Upvote 0