We are the Church, so why is it a problem churches temporarily closed?

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fellowship is important and you like many others have the technology to continue to have that fellowship.
It definitely is a bit different, but, yes, we are definitely blessed to have that.

We also have to remember not everyone has working Internet. I have some clients who do not have Internet and so, I do think of households who do not have that technology to sign onto those church services.

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Fellowship is important and you like many others have the technology to continue to have that fellowship.
It definitely is a bit different, but, yes, we are definitely blessed to have that.

We also have to remember not everyone has working Internet. I have some clients who do not have Internet and so, I do think of households who do not have that technology to sign onto those church services.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I’ve never heard anyone at my church say that it is a sin for the church to be physically closed because of government regulations and because it is necessary to protect the health of our members. We have church on-line every Sunday morning, plus a Sunday service for the Youth and evening prayer on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We also have a Saturday evening parking lot service for those who don’t have internet—they park and tune in on their radio. We are meeting, just not in person. Last I checked, scripture says that Christians should obey legitimate laws.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Regardless if we are the church or not (which, I believe we ARE the church ;) ), I think fellowship is so important.

God has challenged me to really get involved in the church over the past year and a half. (I was scared of Christians for about 6 years and refused to go to church).

Until, a year and a half ago.

And, I'm thankful I have.

oh yes- my story is similar- too scared to go to church for many years. abused by my dad, an evangelical minister and suffering from OCD around religion and CPTSD and otehr MH issues I had panic attacks beign around anythign Christian until a few years ago......i love my church and am devoted to the fellowship.... so i hear ya.

i honeslty am not being blase about church attendance but am tryign to be optimistic about this lockdown ending in a few months. the vaccine will take years and am not waiitng around for that long before is start living again. my MH is very fragile at moment so i am careful nto to listen to any prophecies about this beign the end times, or New World Order...

my take on is that a loving God isnt expecting me to worry or fear in this time but just keep shining my light and trusting in Him

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i didnt mean to sound like i dont care about church.....i just try to be optimistic that is all so i dont have my mental health slide down lower than it is...

This I understand and I am sorry if I was bad in my post. Before my Church opened I was right on the edge mentally and I could feel it.I wil pray for you, keep me in your prayers too.

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eve

I understand not all, but those who have been saved, have the Holly spirit indwelling in them, if elohim choose not to supply some with Internet ect they still have him to fellowship and be guided and lead in all truths,
One thing people forget is that every moan or complaint they make its against elohim.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

yes! amen! i try not to take my blessings for granted. i have been poor before and without technology. my mum doesnt have a laptop but she has a landline phone and her church are ringing her up. she is 68 and in relatively good health but my dad, her partner isn't, so she has to cocoon at the moment

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This I understand and I am sorry if I was bad in my post. Before my Church opened I was right on the edge mentally and I could feel it.I wil pray for you, keep me in your prayers too.

Thank you, i definitely will.

I am humbled at this site actually because even though we from different church backgrounds, we are one and here for one another. bless you <3

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I’ve never heard anyone at my church say that it is a sin for the church to be physically closed because of government regulations and because it is necessary to protect the health of our members. We have church on-line every Sunday morning, plus a Sunday service for the Youth and evening prayer on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We also have a Saturday evening parking lot service for those who don’t have internet—they park and tune in on their radio. We are meeting, just not in person. Last I checked, scripture says that Christians should obey legitimate laws.
How do you take eucharist without going?

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
amen- my story is very similar- only recently started beig par tof physical fellowship due to recovering from cult and abuse by the church and my father, so yeah i found hristianity scary at first. and i love my church very much.

i didnt mean to sound like i dont care about church.....i just try to be optimistic that is all so i dont have my mental health slide down lower than it is...
One thing like you have pointed out in previous post is trust, we are called to trust repent and be Holly, this is a time for all to shine that light and show all around us our trust in him, I understand what your saying, I dint think you don't care.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How do you take eucharist without going?
We don’t. I miss that but it I’m old enough to remember when Eucharist was only given once a month. Of course, this way my kitties can attend!

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I live in the UK and I do miss my physical church. online gatherings are helpful but they are not the same. also not everyone has internet access. but...

Here is where i stuggle a bit. I hear many Christians saying how awful it is that churches are closed, and saying that ministers are in sin for complying with the regulations and staying closed. Some are saying that thsoe churches are never going to open again? Lockdown is temporary, and is being gradually lifted here in the Uk. Most churches won't close. some might do due to lack of income and am not saying i am not sad about it. but, the Church is the bride of Christ. The Remnant. so this virus is not going to destroy her.

i am guessing that we will maybe end up meeting in house churches and holding meetings that way? i don't see how that is actually a bad thing, although I guess many community based and social justice activities set up by church may have to fold which would be very sad. i support those kind of preojects wholeheartedly. i am labelled as vulnerable and marginalised (disabled, sick and on welfare etc) an dhave benefitted from the churches support in this way.

but, although i support social justice and welfare, in temrs of being the church and preaching the gospel, healing the sick, driving out demons, encouraging and prayign for each other, giving to each other who are in need, well having house churches or undrground churches did not stop the early church , did it? In countries like China, the underground church is flourishing. life is much harder for them than it is in the West, yet they have not been extinguished. they are flourishing.

we can still BE the church. we ARE His body. We are waiting for Him to take us to our wedding feast. when i say Church, i do not refer to an institution. i am talking about ALL born again believers. yes, it will be hard. yes there will be limitations. but i dont get the "doom and gloom" of some believers who are saying pastors are sinning for not opening church.

for a start, are we meant to be judging our brothers and sisters in Christ for a personal conviction? maybe God has shown them to close for a season until there are sufficient hospital beds to deal with the crisis. or maybe, some He has told to open? are we not supposed to be UNITED as a body of believers, rather than condemning and judging one another which can cause splits in the body? what kind of witness is it to the world if they see us backbiting at each other in this way?
I have been in congregations with paid clergy, I have been in home gatherings, and I have been a free range Christian fellow-shipping with believers as I meet them. I agree with what you are saying.

My only objection is the utter spinelessness of the clergy to meekly obey government mandates liked whipped dogs, and not as representatives of the King of the Universe. Rom 13 has become as sacred to clergy and Christians as the sacraments of communion and baptism. Their behavior towards this plandemic has shown they place the government equal to God, which is the same as worshipping the government.

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We don’t. I miss that but it I’m old enough to remember when Eucharist was only given once a month. Of course, this way my kitties can attend!
I wondered about that with the Churches that take eucharist. I don't attend a church like that but am seriously gonna look into it when this is all over :). Do you think any of those churches could take eucharist otherwise?

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Eve

I understand not all, but those who have been saved, have the Holly spirit indwelling in them, if elohim choose not to supply some with Internet ect they still have him to fellowship and be guided and lead in all truths,
One thing people forget is that every moan or complaint they make its against elohim.
I absolutely agree partially, with the HOly Spirit dwelling in them. Because, the fullness of God does dwell in us.

But, I also know that if someone is a beginning Christian and is learning how to hear God's voice, they need that fellowship and guidance. They are still learning how God speaks to them. I believe that's a journey that never stops, honestly. I think we all learn how God speaks to us.

I hear God clearly, but He's putting in new ways on how He communicates with me and teaching me to hear Him in different ways.

And, explain what you mean by "every moan or complaint they make, it's against Elohim." Are you saying people can't have complaints?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wondered about that with the Churches that take eucharist. I don't attend a church like that but am seriously gonna look into it when this is all over :). Do you think any of those churches could take eucharist otherwise?
I know of a Presbyterian church that had people bring grape juice and bread and take it on their car during a parking lot service.

And I do miss not having it every Sunday.

Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
When elohim is dwelling in them he will teach that individual all he wants them to know, he doesn't need man to guide them even if there on milk.

Do all things without grumbling or questioning,
It is important to do things without grumbling or questioning, but we kind of have to be realistic.

Have you never complained?
Have you never grumbled?

Even David, the man after God's own heart, complained.

What you said is true, indeed, in a certain context. But, I also know God wants us to lead an authentic life with Him. I am so glad He forgives my grumbling when it is something to glorify Him. I have fallen short, but His grace has been so sufficient for those shortcomings.

I believe God looks at your heart, at your intentions, and I believe He helps in those moments when we want to grumble. It is very easy to do.

Sometimes, I just have to say to Jesus, "Oh, hey, look. I don't want to do this. I realllllllly don't want to do this. Can you help my heart in this situation? I really need your help because I just can't do it."

David even said, "I pour out before him my complaint; before him, I tell my trouble." Psalm 142:2 and David was a man after God's own heart.

It. Is. Okay. To. Be. Honest. With. God.

He won't strike your dead for being honest and vulnerable. We shouldn't be fearful of God if we grumble if we question. Instead, we should feel confident to go to Him with those things. Because, as humans, we tend to complain. Some more than others.

• Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is important to do things without grumbling or questioning, but we kind of have to be realistic.

Have you never complained?
Have you never grumbled?

Even David, the man after God's own heart, complained.

What you said is true, indeed, in a certain context. But, I also know God wants us to lead an authentic life with Him. I am so glad He forgives my grumbling when it is something to glorify Him. I have fallen short, but His grace has been so sufficient for those shortcomings.

I believe God looks at your heart, at your intentions, and I believe He helps in those moments when we want to grumble. It is very easy to do.

Sometimes, I just have to say to Jesus, "Oh, hey, look. I don't want to do this. I realllllllly don't want to do this. Can you help my heart in this situation? I really need your help because I just can't do it."

David even said, "I pour out before him my complaint; before him, I tell my trouble." Psalm 142:2 and David was a man after God's own heart.

It. Is. Okay. To. Be. Honest. With. God.

He won't strike your dead for being honest and vulnerable. We shouldn't be fearful of God if we grumble if we question. Instead, we should feel confident to go to Him with those things. Because, as humans, we tend to complain. Some more than others.
Its early hours with me now I'm off to sleep, I will give your post more attention tomorrow and answer accordingly good night.

Upvote 0