1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

We are sacrificing our children on the altar of a brutal, far-Left ideology

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by Norbert L, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Norbert L

Norbert L Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,033
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    The Telegraph just posted an article by Dr. Jordan B. Peterson:

We are sacrificing our children on the altar of a brutal, far-Left ideology (telegraph.co.uk)

"There is good evidence that many ancient societies sacrificed children to their gods. Parents in ancient Phoenician colonies in Carthage, Sicily, Sardinia and Malta slew their offspring prior to cremating them, hoping that the gods would hear their voices and bless them...."

The more things change the more they remain the same.

The full article is quoted by Dr. Peterson on his not behind a paywall YouTube channel with additional content that doesn't pull any punches which are targeted at other doctors practicing the profession as the title below plainly suggests:

Doctors, Psychotherapists, Liars and Butchers - YouTube

The way I see it, coming just after the Daily Wire documentary of "What is a Woman?". Some people are beginning to understand ancient history is repeating itself in our modern politics. Basically, the more things change the more they remain the same.

2. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,426
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I agree that this is basically child sacrifice.

3. littleangelone

littleangelone Member

+120
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    i'm not surprised by this generation, they will not give up until they have destroyed this country, but i think a revivial is coming perhaps i can't say for sure but it might happoen :)

4. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+2,685
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    Far left ideology is bad news.

... But somehow I'm getting the impression that the OP wouldn't care for a centrist approach either...

5. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+24,277
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Which generation and how are they destroying the country? The people in charge at the highest levels of our government are all boomer level and older.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Nithavela

Nithavela Make lemonade out of life

+17,203
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    I think if he means the boomers, hes spot on.

7. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Chronic political homeless Supporter

+12,408
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    I see the lobster king has lost none of his histrionics.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. archer75

+4,426
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    How is it histrionic to object to tricking minors into having their bodies poisoned and mutilated beyond repair?

I say this as someone who is not a fan of Jordan Peterson.

9. RileyG

RileyG Veteran

+2,607
    United States
    Catholic
    Celibate
    US-Republican
    Scary stuff

10. Desk trauma

+12,408
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Comparing gender affirming medical interventions to sacrificing children to Moloch is histrionics. If one wants to discuss how/if that should be done shrieking about child sacrifices isn’t a good place to start. Perhaps stick to admiring lobsters and cleaning one’s room.

11. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+3,014
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    Pretending that this is being done is histrionic

12. archer75

+4,426
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I assume then that you don't recognize the existence of "detransitioners."

13. Desk trauma

+12,408
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Feel free to make whatever assumptions about me you like and run with them. I have been told repeatedly here that I don’t get to pick my own political labels and have poor insight into the content of my own thoughts so join the crowd telling me what I really think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,867
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    So to be clear, transchildren have the highest levels of suicide of all demographs.

Are they committing suicide because loving parents and a support network that is trying to help them understand and/or come to terms with how they feel? Because that seems to be Peterson's argument. There are somethings I can get behind with what he says but this is just his own political biases screaching against the reality of what these kids are thinking and feeling. He is not helping them and neither are you. YOU are harming them. Stop.

As for us, I don't understand the logic that we are sacrificing children by supporting them and loving them.

I don't understand how you can be so blind as to see that it is your judgement and treatment of them that is pushing them to take rash steps.

I don't understand how you with a straight face and righteous conviction argue that cutting open a child's chest and ripping out their heart to appease a deity is in ANY way congruous to saying "you can use whatever bathroom you want".

Shame on the misguided hubris of anyone who makes that analogy with conviction.

[Note: Spot the gender neutral pronoun I used correctly and calm down with the idea that it is a radical speech in itself]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+9,867
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    How do you "trick" someone into thinking something they ALREADY think?

16. archer75

+4,426
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I have a feeling this is one of those times when I try to answer a rhetorical question and it turns out no one cared what I said anyway.

But I will do it: note that I said trick someone into doing something and you said trick someone into thinking something.

Even allowing that all these people somehow on their own generated this idea that their bodies do not "conform" to their identity (a notion that is very poorly defined in this context), which I do not believe, there is a difference between thinking something and carrying it out.

The cult tells its victims that simply thinking something means their distress can be alleviated only by chemical and surgical means.

17. Norbert L

Norbert L Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,033
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I would call that modern Jedi mind tricks at least you saw the mistake.

Besides anyone who has worked at a summer camp understands that you can trick the younger children into believing just about anything.

I think he does it purposely for people who should be able to comprehend both the issue and comparison. It's a legitimate approach that would impact people that are educated enough to understand the parallel. To believe anything else may indicate that either it has flown over the head of a person's comprehension skills or probably they are purposely trying to dismiss his words so they don't have to deal with something substantive.

18. Desk trauma

+12,408
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Yes, yes, Peterson is really being very super smart when he’s making absurd comparisons whilst clutching at his pearls and us uneducated plebs has best shut up and take his wisdom on board. I know.

It would have more effect if he was choking back tears like he’s want to do.

19. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+13,286
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...which, of course, is the object of such nonsense.

20. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Well-Known Member Supporter

+15,261
    United States
    Other Religion
    Legal Union (Other)
    I'm disappointed in Dr. Peterson's increasingly shrill pearl clutching. But then, I think that's all that the Right has left in the western world. Anger, resentment... it's ironic Peterson references Nietzsche so much. Nietzsche wouldn't approve of the Right's new found culture of victimhood and resentment, I'm afraid.