England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I remember one year taking the housegroup into the garden after dark. I gave each one a sparkler and one other another the sparklers were set alight until the whole circle was full of light. That's a picture of Christians letting their 'lights shine so that others may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven'

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Of course,it is not quite the same now with lockdowns and restrictions. But Jesus is still the 'Light of the world' and we are still his 'lights'. He will bring us through this pandemic and until then we must go on trusting and shining for Him,wherever we are. If Paul could keep on shining in a prison cell,we can keep on shining in lockdown!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
When his lamp shone upon my head, and by his light I walked through darkness. —Job 29:3

I used to pray these verses frequently when I returned to the Lord. They emphasized His light and my hunger for its presence. Through His light radiating within me I can reach others for His glory.
  • Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. —Psalm 119:05
  • Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! —Psalm 43:3
  • For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness. —Psalm 18:28
  • For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life. —Proverbs 6:23
Yours in His Service,

~Bella

• Winner
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When his lamp shone upon my head, and by his light I walked through darkness. —Job 29:3

I used to pray these verses frequently when I returned to the Lord. They emphasized His light and my hunger for its presence. Through His light radiating within me I can reach others for His glory.
  • Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. —Psalm 119:05
  • Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling! —Psalm 43:3
  • For it is you who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness. —Psalm 18:28
  • For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life. —Proverbs 6:23
Yours in His Service,

~Bella
Beautiful Words of the LORD!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.