Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
There is only one House of Israel, but there were 12 nations scattered throughout the world.

That doesn't mean the regathering has not been going on. And there was always a Hebrew presence in the Land. Even during the Crusades, in one event 20,000 Jews were rounded up and put in the great synagogue of Jerusalem and burned alive by the Crusaders while they marched around singing "Christ We Adore Thee". Another event, the Crusaders held contests to see how many Jewish babies a soldier could fit on a sword. There has been Israelites living in Jerusalem, Jaffa, and many other towns in Israel since the great revolt of 135AD.

So while many were indeed scattered, not all were. When Israel became a nation in 1948, 80% of the Jewish population was Sabras, long time residents of the land. They were not primarily immigrants from other lands.

But it still remains, all Jacob/Israel was guilty of rejecting Messiah at His first coming. So all the tribes were represented in the land. Likewise, it will be all Jacob/Israel who has to acknowledge that offense and turn to Messiah and petition for His return.... BEFORE He will return. So there is a unique Israel identity that remains. Else, the Lord did not tell the truth. And He holds His word even higher than His name.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,958.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When Israel became a nation in 1948
If the residents were primarily Jewsish then I wonder why name it Israel rather than Judah as was their original nation? There was no relation to the nation to the north which was Israel, nor were the inhabitants (new and old) a mix of brethren of the House of Israel but mainly Jewish..

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If the residents were primarily Jewsish then I wonder why name it Israel rather than Judah as was their original nation? There was no relation to the nation to the north which was Israel, nor were the inhabitants (new and old) a mix of brethren of the House of Israel but mainly Jewish..

Israel was the original name. Was not Saul king over Israel. He was not Judean. Was not David King over Israel? And there has been a mix of all the tribes since before the Babylonian conquest. Many of all the northern tribes migrated south. Several examples in 2 Chronicles.

when Ezra brought back his remnant from Babylon he called them Jews 9 times and Israel 40 times. When Nehemiah brought back his remnant from Babylon he called them Jews 11 times and Israel 22 times.

Paul referred to himself as both a Jew and an Israelite.

this fascination with two house theology stuff has led to more theological nonsense in Christendom.

• Useful
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The original replacement theologians were the Jews who immediately forsook God's inclusivity in the promises of the Abrahamic covenant.

[Gen 15:5-6 NASB] 5 And He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants (seed, singular - meaning Jesus) be." 6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

[Gen 17:4-8 NASB] 4 "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, And you will be the father of a multitude of nations. 5 "No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations. 6 "I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. 7 "I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants (seed, singlular) after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants (seed, singular) after you. 8 "I will give to you and to your descendants (seed, singular) after you, the land of your sojournings, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."​

Paul explains this covenant of faith in depth in Romans 4:

[Rom 4:9-13, 16-17 NASB] 9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, "FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS." 10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised; 11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised. 13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. ... 16 For this reason [it is] by faith, in order that [it may be] in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all, 17 (as it is written, "A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS HAVE I MADE YOU") in the presence of Him whom he believed, [even] God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist.

[Gal 3:16 NASB] 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as [referring] to many, but [rather] to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ.

[Gal 3:6-9 NASB] 6 Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. 7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, [saying,] "ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU." 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

[Isa 54:1 NASB] 1 "Shout for joy, O barren one, you who have borne no [child;] Break forth into joyful shouting and cry aloud, you who have not travailed; For the sons of the desolate one [will be] more numerous Than the sons of the married woman," says the LORD.

[Gal 4:22-28 NASB] 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the bondwoman and one by the free woman. 23 But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise. 24 This is allegorically speaking, for these [women] are two covenants: one [proceeding] from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother. 27 For it is written, "REJOICE, BARREN WOMAN WHO DOES NOT BEAR; BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR; FOR MORE NUMEROUS ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DESOLATE THAN OF THE ONE WHO HAS A HUSBAND." 28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise.​

You see those who originally followed Abraham were the original replacement theologists. They replaced the truth that Abraham was the father of many nations through faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ with the lie that he was the father of one nation - the Jews. But Abraham was an uncircumcised gentile when he was made righteous for his faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ. God promised that uncircumised, righteous gentile that all of his seed (from many nations) would inherit that righteousness he was given (Christ's righteousness).

Often when I read scripture and see both Israel and Judah mentioned in the same sentence, I think the proper understanding is that those descendants of the faith of Abraham are Israel and those who are physical descendants are Judah or sometimes "Jacob". For example:

[Gen 49:24 NASB] 24 But his bow remained firm, And his arms were agile, From the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob (From there is the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel),

[1Ch 16:13, 17 NASB] 13 O seed of Israel His servant, Sons of Jacob, His chosen ones! ... 17 He also confirmed it to Jacob for a statute, To Israel as an everlasting covenant,​

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟306,958.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul referred to himself as both a Jew and an Israelite.
There was always conflict between the Jews and their brethren tribes, a king of the castle situation and the calling of the other brethren 'gentiles' as a title of inferiority. Yes, all fall under the House of Israel, but why would one tribe take on the name of all 12 tribes unless it was a 'we win' situation? (like the gentile church did with the previous Jewish Christians) Jesus came to reunite the House of Israel, all 12 nations, but as we see today one is laying claim to the title belonging to all 12.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
How many lost tribes are there?

[Gen 15:5-6 NASB] 5 And He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants (seed, singular - meaning Jesus) be." 6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness.

And He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, (plural) if you are able to count them (plural)." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants (plural) be." 6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness

Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And He took him outside and said, "Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, (plural) if you are able to count them (plural)." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants (plural) be." 6 Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness
[Gen 15:5 KJV] 5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.​

What is important is that in the original Hebrew it is the word זֶרַע zera' and it is singular (I've confirmed this over the years with multiple Hebrew scholars). This agrees with Paul's interpretation in Galatians 3:16.

[Gal 3:16 NASB] 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as [referring] to many, but [rather] to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ.​

[Gal 3:14-18 NASB] 14 in order that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might come to the Gentiles, so that we would receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. 15 Brethren, I speak in terms of human relations: even though it is [only] a man's covenant, yet when it has been ratified, no one sets it aside or adds conditions to it. 16 Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. He does not say, "And to seeds," as [referring] to many, but [rather] to one, "And to your seed," that is, Christ. 17 What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise. 18 For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has granted it to Abraham by means of a promise.
Of course this covenant was ratified in the 2nd half of Genesis 15 (by passing between the halved creatures as a pillar of fire), so the promise it is speaking of is the promise in Genesis 15:5-6. In fact, this is the very promise Paul quotes to begin Galatians 3:

[Gal 3:6-9 NASB] 6 Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. 7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, [saying,] "ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU." 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

So God preaches the gospel to Abraham in Genesis 12 when he says "all the nations will be blessed in you" and we know from Gal 3:16 that when God said "So shall thy seed be" in Genesis 15:5, he was talking about Christ. So what we have is Torah evidence of God preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ to Abraham and when Abraham believes the gospel of Jesus Christ, he is made righteous. God then promises in Genesis 17 that this righteousness will be an everlasting inheritance to the children from the father of many nations... those with the same faith in the gospel of Jesus Christ that Abraham had.

Furthermore, Paul makes the point in the Galatians 3 that once a covenant has been ratified, it can no longer have conditions added to it. Since the covenant of Faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ was ratified in Genesis 15, which was 430 years before The Law was given to Moses, we know that following The Law is not a required condition of righteousness by faith... indeed Abraham was made righteous PRIOR to circumcision.

[Rom 4:9-12 NASB] 9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, "FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS." 10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised; 11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them, 12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.

[Rom 4:16-17 NASB] 16 For this reason [it is] by faith, in order that [it may be] in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants, not only to those who are of the Law, but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all, 17 (as it is written, "A FATHER OF MANY NATIONS HAVE I MADE YOU") in the presence of Him whom he believed, [even] God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being that which does not exist.​

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What is important is that in the original Hebrew it is the word זֶרַע zera' and it is singular (I've confirmed this over the years with multiple Hebrew scholars).

How do you reconcile that with:

(CLV) Dt 28:38
Much seed shall you bring forth to the field, yet little shall you gather, for the locust shall eat it up.

Much (רַב ) Seed (זֶרַע)

Upvote 0

Gup20

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2019
Albertville
✟157,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you reconcile that with:

(CLV) Dt 28:38
Much seed shall you bring forth to the field, yet little shall you gather, for the locust shall eat it up.

Much (רַב ) Seed (זֶרַע)
This is the Covenant of The Law where you establish your righteousness by works of the law. That is in contrast to the Covenant of Faith where no works of the law are performed.

[Deu 28:9 NASB] 9 "The LORD will establish you as a holy people to Himself, as He swore to you, if you keep the commandments of the LORD your God and walk in His ways.

[Rom 4:2-5 NASB] 2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? "ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS CREDITED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS." 4 Now to the one who works, his wage is not credited as a favor, but as what is due. 5 But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness,

[Rom 10:3-11 NASB] 3 For not knowing about God's righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. 5 For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is based on law shall live by that righteousness. 6 But the righteousness based on faith speaks as follows: "DO NOT SAY IN YOUR HEART, 'WHO WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN?' (that is, to bring Christ down), 7 or 'WHO WILL DESCEND INTO THE ABYSS?' (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead)." 8 But what does it say? "THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART"--that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."

[Deu 30:1, 6, 11-15, 19 NASB] 1 "So it shall be when all of these things have come upon you, the blessing and the curse which I have set before you, and you call [them] to mind in all nations where the LORD your God has banished you, ... 6 "Moreover the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, so that you may live. ... 11 "For this commandment which I command you today is not too difficult for you, nor is it out of reach. 12 "It is not in heaven, that you should say, 'Who will go up to heaven for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?' 13 "Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, 'Who will cross the sea for us to get it for us and make us hear it, that we may observe it?' 14 "But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it. 15 "See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; ... 19 "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants,
The covenant of faith was made with Abraham 430 years before the covenant of The Law was given to Moses. Therefore, the covenant of faith is OUTSIDE OF and APART FROM The Law... yet The Law does not exist absent the covenant of faith, and The Law testifies regarding the covenant of faith.

[Gal 4:21-31 NASB] 21 Tell me, you who want to be under law, do you not listen to the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the bondwoman and one by the free woman. 23 But the son by the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and the son by the free woman through the promise. 24 This is allegorically speaking, for these [women] are two covenants: one [proceeding] from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother. 27 For it is written, "REJOICE, BARREN WOMAN WHO DOES NOT BEAR; BREAK FORTH AND SHOUT, YOU WHO ARE NOT IN LABOR; FOR MORE NUMEROUS ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE DESOLATE THAN OF THE ONE WHO HAS A HUSBAND." 28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him [who was born] according to the Spirit, so it is now also. 30 But what does the Scripture say? "CAST OUT THE BONDWOMAN AND HER SON, FOR THE SON OF THE BONDWOMAN SHALL NOT BE AN HEIR WITH THE SON OF THE FREE WOMAN." 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, but of the free woman.​

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rather than state we are Israel I would state we, (the body of Christ), are the children of God.
Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

Jesus did introduce a covenant in His blood in Israel first
And this is what He stated to Peter who stated He was the Christ, the Son of God.

And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

The NT was written for future generations.

To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What is important is that in the original Hebrew it is the word זֶרַע zera' and it is singular (I've confirmed this over the years with multiple Hebrew scholars). This agrees with Paul's interpretation in Galatians 3:16.

I have fathered 3 sons. Even in that case I would say they are my seed, not my seeds. Seed can be collective as well as singular.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical. No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.

But the comments Paul is making in this regards in Romans 2 is directed at Jews and the context is such that for one to be a 'true' Jew, one must be a Jew to begin with. Only a natural branch who is redeemed is a true Jew. A wild branch that has been grafted in is redeemed, but that doesn't make them a 'true' Jew, simply because they were not a Jew to begin with.

The heart of a automobile is the engine/transmission. If I drop a Ford engine/transmission in a GM vehicle, while it has the heart of a Ford, it is still a GM vehicle and not a 'true' Ford. Likewise, a gentile may have the circumcised heart like a true Jew, but that doesn't make them a true Jew.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But the comments Paul is making in this regards in Romans 2 is directed at Jews and the context is such that for one to be a 'true' Jew, one must be a Jew to begin with. Only a natural branch who is redeemed is a true Jew. A wild branch that has been grafted in is redeemed, but that doesn't make them a 'true' Jew, simply because they were not a Jew to begin with.

The heart of a automobile is the engine/transmission. If I drop a Ford engine/transmission in a GM vehicle, while it has the heart of a Ford, it is still a GM vehicle and not a 'true' Ford. Likewise, a gentile may have the circumcised heart like a true Jew, but that doesn't make them a true Jew.
Its irrelevant as the body of Christ are the children of God. That body included Jews and gentiles as they were all baptized by the same Spirit.

A natural branch? We are not gentile pagans and many of us come from a long line of Christians who worship the God of Israel as a follower of the way. We are in that sense a natural branch.

The fine line between Jew and gentiles could be drawn in Paul's day. Not in this day and age. We have been made a royal priesthood to God the Father.

Its clear to me who GOD calls His children.
children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

To those who call themselves Jews and others Gentiles perhaps they can ask and answer these questions as Paul did.

Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham's descendants? So am I

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The fine line between Jew and gentiles could be drawn in Paul's day.

I don't particularly like your terminology; but I think that I understand what you are trying to convey.

Jeremiah speaks of two houses in times to come....

(CLV) Jer 3:18
In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall enter together from the land of the north onto the land which I allotted to your fathers.

...the House of Judah and the House of Israel.

The House of Judah consisted of the tribe of Judah, the tribe of Benjamin, and the Levites.

Bear in mind that when Moses left Egypt many of the descendants of Jacob stayed in Egypt; but then many non-descendants of Jacob followed Moses and entered covenant. It would stand to reason that some of those people were in the House of Judah in Paul's day.

The other ten tribes, which represented the house of Israel, before they were carried away into captivity, had not reunited in Paul's day.

The majority of the people who identify themselves as Jews today are not descendants of Judah. No matter, if they are in the vine; they share in the kingdom.

Yahshua was commissioned for one purpose.

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

The renewed covenant is for two houses only.

(CLV) Jer 31:31
Behold, the days are coming, averring is Yahweh, when I will contract a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

The gentiles don't have a house.

If you are in Yahshua; you are not a gentile. You are either of the house of Judah, or of the house of Israel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't particularly like your terminology; but I think that I understand what you are trying to convey.

Jeremiah speaks of two houses in times to come....

(CLV) Jer 3:18
In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall enter together from the land of the north onto the land which I allotted to your fathers.

...the House of Judah and the House of Israel.

The House of Judah consisted of the tribe of Judah, the tribe of Benjamin, and the Levites.

Bear in mind that when Moses left Egypt many of the descendants of Jacob stayed in Egypt; but then many non-descendants of Jacob followed Moses and entered covenant. It would stand to reason that some of those people were in the House of Judah in Paul's day.

The other ten tribes, which represented the house of Israel, before they were carried away into captivity, had not reunited in Paul's day.

The majority of the people who identify themselves as Jews today are not descendants of Judah. No matter, if they are in the vine; they share in the kingdom.

Yahshua was commissioned for one purpose.

(CLV) Mt 15:24
Now He, answering, said, "I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

The renewed covenant is for two houses only.

(CLV) Jer 31:31
Behold, the days are coming, averring is Yahweh, when I will contract a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah.

The gentiles don't have a house.

If you are in Yahshua; you are not a gentile. You are either of the house of Judah, or of the house of Israel.
I care not what house I am in. I am a child of God. Can anyone in this age know, other than the Lord, what house they are from? I care that I am in Christ.
Its His Church. The one He said He would build. We have all been baptisted by the same Spirit. In Him, as Paul wrote, there is neither Jew nor Greek, male nor female all are one and members of the same family. The body of Christ, those born of the Spirit, are the Children of God.

Its reasonable to me to assume the descendants of the first believers, Hebrews, if they remained in the faith would be hidden in the body of Christ as Christians. As Jesus is called Christ.

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
he will save whoever believes & obeys him - John 3:16 it doesn’t matter if you’re a Yahudi or Goy.
apparently it mattered to Jesus who said he came for israelites only. the world that God loves is the world that was originally made for israelites. abrahams descendants were promised to be like the stars in the sky and the sand of the sea and the LORD promised to gather all the outcasts of israel(isaiah 56:3-8).

we don’t need the Messiah to make certain statements...

it's rather interesting that we need to believe that Jesus came to do something that He never said He would do all while ignoring His statements to the very contrary.

interesting indeed..

it's also interesting that the LORD intended to save people of other nations all while treating them rather poorly in terms of marriage, usury, and slavery. the LORD was pretty nasty to foreigners.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I would differ with that.

In 2 Chronicles, there are many instances where many of the northern tribes migrated southward and joined with the southern kingdom. One of those happened over 100 years after the Assyrian conquest of the north.

When Ezra brought back his remnant from Babylon, he referred to them as Jews 9 times and Israel 40 times.

When Nehemiah brought back his remnant from Babylon, he referred to them as Jews 11 times and Israel 22 times.

When Yeshua was still a young child, Anna was a Prohetess who virtually lived in the temple. She was of the tribe of Asher, a northern tribe. Along with that, Judah, Levi, and Benjamin are noted in scripture as being present. Kinda hard to justify that 10 tribes were all carried away and when at least 4 of the 12 are specifically referenced in the NT.

Hosea is explicit that BOTH houses were responsible for causing Yeshua to return to His place after His first coming. (Hosea 5:14-15). For that happen, both houses had to be in the Land.

So it would seem there is more than ample evidence that both houses were present in Paul's day. There seems to be a very unhealthy fascination with the "10 lost tribes" stuff and variations on it. So much so that it seems to cause some to overlook the plain sense of scripture.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

I find it fascinating that the above true statement is oft used by those who then want to claim that now all believers are the "true" Jews.

That is why there is still a unique distinction about who is a "true" Jew. And for one to be a "true" Jew, one who now has a circumcised heart thru Messiah, they had to be a Jew to begin with.

But collectively, all who place their trust in Messiah are on the same level. Neither Jew or Gentile and neither male or female. all in a spiritual sense. But just like there is still a male and female distinction outside of the spiritual sense, there is still a Jew and Gentile distinction. And for one to be a true Jew, they had to be a Jew to begin with.

Upvote 0