My Citizenship is in Heaven
✟10,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Every person is God’s workmanship. And as we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we become His new creation (if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has gone and the new has come. 2 Corinthians 5:17).

The spirit becomes new but the flesh (our old ways of doing things, and reacting) needs to be trained to walk in the ways of the Savior. Hence the reason why we need to constantly renew our minds to the things of God.

That’s why Matthew 6:33 says to seek first the Kingdom of God (His way of doing and being right) and all the things that we need will be added unto us. He richly gives us all things to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17) and those things meet our needs. He gives us those things because He loves us and if we are constantly seeking Him (His ways of doing things and being right or in right standing with him), He will make sure we have the things we need.

John 14:21 says….
The person who has My commands and keeps them is the one who [really] loves Me; and whoever [really] loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I [too] will love him and will show (reveal, manifest) Myself to him. [I will let Myself be clearly seen by him and make Myself real to him.]

John 14:21 AMPC

I think the other way to seek first His kingdom and His ways, is also inquiring of Him if we are to this thing or that. As Proverbs 16:3 says and also ps 37:5….Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.
Proverbs 16:3 AMPC

Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.
Psalm 37:5 AMPC

I do understand and agree that He gives us free will, and that some choices are ours to make, however if a person is totally connected with the Spirit, and our desire is to constantly please Him, then we will want to know if whatever we’re doing, is in His will or not.

And being that He knows everything then He can tell us for example, if even the food choices we make, are good ones. I guess it all depends upon how involved in our life we want Him to be. How much do we want to be accountable to Him, and how much of our life do we want to be submitted to Him?

Last edited:

Brian Mc

Jun 12, 2017
South East Queensland
✟10,846.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful, I hope all who access this site reads your submission & are drawn by Father ....
John 6:44 No one is able to come to Me unless the Father Who sent Me attracts {and} draws him {and} gives him the desire to come to Me, and [then] I will raise him up [from the dead] at the last day............... which I believe is fast approaching!

The Holy Spirit is always "on the job" .....
Rom 8:13 For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.
Rom 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Reactions: Cturtle
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only if you to choose to do so, for many think everything is automatically done for us and it's not!
Blessings
FCJ
One who is born again is in God's Will. The Holy Spirit guides the choices one makes thereafter. Listening to the Holy Spirit is God's Will.

Upvote 0

Haipule

Jun 20, 2017
Honokawai, Maui HI
✟32,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That’s why Matthew 6:33 says to seek first the Kingdom of God

That's what I did. My first problem was theology as Jesus said to the Pharisees, "you do not enter and you keep others from entering."

I fixed that problem through much study. Jesus also said, "enter through the narrow gate".

That was the hard part. The narrow gate was so short and narrow that a camel had to be striped of its cargo before it could be pushed through. I went through that gate as naked as a camel!

God wanted me stripped clean before I was allowed to enter.

However, what He built on the other side is the stuff of legend!

Can you imagine this? I was 3yrs homeless in CA (no fault of my own), lost everything and wham--I'm living on the oceanfront on the North Shore of Maui; surfing in my backyard, fishing from my hammock, got a great job, and married!!! True story way beyond dreams!

It took Him 3yrs to prepare that for me while I did nothing because I could do nothing! He supplied everything necessary, and I waited...and waited learning to walk by faith in the hope of His promises. It is heartbreaking to be so badly judged as a sinner by your church people. Yet, the vindication was sooo sweet!

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One who is born again is in God's Will. The Holy Spirit guides the choices one makes thereafter. Listening to the Holy Spirit is God's Will.
Again just being born again does not make it automatically happen.

God's Will is His Word or how we are to live.

The Holy Spirit guides the choices one makes thereafter. Listening to the Holy Spirit is God's Will.

Yes it is Gods will or desire but one must Willingly choose to hear and listen and then develop hearing The Holy Spirit and must choose to listen and obey.
Blessings
FCJ

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Yes it is Gods will or desire but one must Willingly choose to hear and listen and then develop hearing The Holy Spirit and must choose to listen and obey.
Blessings
FCJ
Hey , Jim. perhaps a good question is , HOW do we know we are following the HOLY SPIRIT
Let me tell you something I think you might already know.
IF we love HIS sayings, and they are as honey soul.
From every warning to every promise HIS sayings are meat for my soul.
For the love that comes from GOD is shed abroad upon our hearts
by the HOLY SPIRIT.

Upvote 0

Brian Mc

Jun 12, 2017
South East Queensland
✟10,846.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Blessings
FCJ

Rom 8:13 .... But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.

Holy Spirit, keep deadening all the evil deeds prompted by the flesh ... it is no longer I who live but Christ Jesus Who lives in me! (Rom 8:13, Gal 2:20) You gave Your earthly life on the cross as full payment for all the sins of man and Your Spiritual Life, Your eternal Life is available to all who want to accept it. Thank You Lord Jesus.

My earth-suit died with Jesus on the cross, but a small piece (twig) of me, cut off by Father was made alive through the Life of Lord Jesus now in me. I am a new spiritual creation. (2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh {and} new has come!) Your fruit Lord is produced and grows on me .. Your love, Your joy, Your peace, Your patience, Your kindness, Your goodness, Your faithfulness, Your gentleness, Your self-control ... as You are, so am I in this world .. a son of God.

The key to it all is believing the TRUTH. A person (the old flesh) must (spiritually) die before Father can give him new birth ... born again ... a child of God ..... until that happens a person is still flesh.

• Winner
Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Blessings
FCJ
One who is occupied by the Holy Spirit is automatically equipped to follow Him. It is the "born again" or Spiritual birth experience at the precise split-second of God's response to the individuals confession of Faith in Christ as Savior. The joy that accompanies that moment is Spiritual evidence of what has taken place.

It is only thereafter that one can stray from that Joy, yet not lose eternal life. 1 John 1:9 is right there for those of us who were proclaimed "new creatures in Christ," who were imparted the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. The Pathway He chose for each of us at the moment of personal salvation may have been interrupted, but eternal salvation never went away.

:amen:

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember I even prayed for Him to help me finding the right wedding dress, had just around 2-3 weeks left before our Wedding, and I was open for most dress suggestions, I planned having some long trumpet sleeves made by a neighbour lady just in case I didn't find any dress with this, but I ended up finding the perfect wedding dress which already had long sleeves hanging down elegantly, had a medieval princess feel over it. My husband mentioned that it was like the dress was just there waiting for me. :) The results became a lot better than I expected too, also our Wedding Day got put together better than what we had in mind.

When given over to God in prayer, He does really provide well for us. We may not always get everything we ask for, but He still provides for us as He finds best fit for us. He takes care of what we need, and He blesses us.

I think it is good praying to Him for anything whether it is small or big things, just to trust God in anything we want or need in our lives. He is faithful, and wishes to be a part of our lives.

Very blessed reading this thread too! Thank you again as well! :)

• Winner
Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One who is occupied by the Holy Spirit is automatically equipped to follow Him. It is the "born again" or Spiritual birth experience at the precise split-second of God's response to the individuals confession of Faith in Christ as Savior. The joy that accompanies that moment is Spiritual evidence of what has taken place.

This still does not make anything automatically happen for the believer.
Equipped to yes but that individual must choose to and follow through.

It is only thereafter that one can stray from that Joy, yet not lose eternal life. 1 John 1:9 is right there for those of us who were proclaimed "new creatures in Christ," who were imparted the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. The Pathway He chose for each of us at the moment of personal salvation may have been interrupted, but eternal salvation never went away.

Again 1 John 1:9 does not automatically happen. One must choose to actually do what 1John1:9 says.

All promises given by Grace must be accessed through Faith . One will have opposition waiting on them and will have to fight the good fight of faith to possess them.

Faith, Hearing and everything else must be developed.
Blessings
FCJ

• Winner
Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This still does not make anything automatically happen for the believer.
Equipped to yes but that individual must choose to and follow through.

Again 1 John 1:9 does not automatically happen. One must choose to actually do what 1John1:9 says.

All promises given by Grace must be accessed through Faith . One will have opposition waiting on them and will have to fight the good fight of faith to possess them.

Faith, Hearing and everything else must be developed.
Blessings
FCJ
You are speaking of works following the salvation experience, evidently. Salvation is by Grace through Faith, the GIFT of God, not of works lest one should boast. Grace through Faith is the eternal gift. One is totally equipped to respond to life's challenges "in Faith believing." Faith is a constant; it does not come in amounts. One who strays into the old sinful nature interrupts that Most Holy relationship, but does not lose it. One does not secure eternal security through works, before or after the born again experience. It is all of Him, none of us. 1 John 1:9 is a grant, not an excuse. Obviously, one who is saved is fully equipped to live out life witnessing, teaching, preaching, testifying, pastoring, serving as a missionary, et al. Underline "utterly equipped." There are those who drift into the sinful nature of doubt, fear, hesitancy, sin, who themselves stray from the Path. However, the Path is always there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brian Mc

Jun 12, 2017
South East Queensland
✟10,846.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are speaking of works following the salvation experience, evidently. Salvation is by Grace through Faith, the GIFT of God, not of works lest one should boast. Grace through Faith is the eternal gift. One is totally equipped to respond to life's challenges "in Faith believing." Faith is a constant; it does not come in amounts. One who strays into the old sinful nature interrupts that Most Holy relationship, but does not lose it. One does not secure eternal security through works, before or after the born again experience. It is all of Him, none of us. 1 John 1:9 is a grant, not an excuse. Obviously, one who is saved is fully equipped to live out life witnessing, teaching, preaching, testifying, pastoring, serving as a missionary, et al. Underline "utterly equipped." There are those who drift into the sinful nature of doubt, fear, hesitancy, sin, who themselves stray from the Path. However, the Path is always there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brian Mc

Jun 12, 2017
South East Queensland
✟10,846.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rom 8:13 For if you live according to [the dictates of] the flesh, you will surely die. But if through the power of the [Holy] Spirit you are [habitually] putting to death (making extinct, deadening) the [evil] deeds prompted by the body, you shall [really and genuinely] live forever.
Rom 8:14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.

Luke 4:13 And when the devil had ended every [the complete cycle of] temptation, he [temporarily] left Him
(Christ Jesus) [that is, stood off from Him] until another more opportune {and} favourable time. ...... & As He is, so are we (born again believers, anointed with Father's Spirit) in this world. 1 John 4:17

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

This begs for the definition of what the word all means, in the light of the finality of what being God's workmanship must have always meant to God.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

This begs for the definition of what the word all means, in the light of the finality of what being God's workmanship must have always meant to God.
Of (out of) all who are redeemed, born again, I shall lose nothing; on the contrary, I shall restore in the end.

redeemed = those Jewish folk who confessed Jesus as their Promised Messiah prior to the Cross.

born-again = those who confessed Jesus as Savior by Grace through Faith.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of (out of) all who are redeemed, born again, I shall lose nothing; on the contrary, I shall restore in the end.

redeemed = those Jewish folk who confessed Jesus as their Promised Messiah prior to the Cross.

born-again = those who confessed Jesus as Savior by Grace through Faith.

What, no gentiles in your before the cross list ...

And of course there is the ... sin was not imputed to those before the law (of Moses, even though the commandment not to eat reveals this when broken).

According to Jesus' words, born again only affords you to see, not to enter into what you see.

It's interesting though, the first man was able to pass on to everyone the fruit of his disobedience (willing or no), whereas Jesus is unable to pass on to everyone the fruit of his obedience; it would appear that mans sacrifice is greater then God's sacrifice.

All that said ... it would also appear that all that the father has does not include everything he created by him.

• Agree
Reactions: mozo41
Upvote 0

mozo41

Jun 6, 2017
london
✟50,927.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To this end we labor and strive, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

this verse speaks of His first fruits within His harvest

And He was saying to them, "The harvest is indeed plentiful, but the workmen are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest, that He may send out workmen into His harvest.

Upvote 0