Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
This summary should have been with the Vid OP. The OP video shows from several viewpoints, determinism, randomism and how society has followed the liberal view from the 18th century, the illusion of free will. Continuing into the meat the coming revelation thru social media and its use of getting into our heads, forming our choices for us. It's thought provoking. Lemme know what y'all think.

Last edited:

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely! We are being exploited by giant corporations most let that happen. It is not to let them. Hard to do in this modern world where the push is to hop on board of the manipulation market.

Say bye to Google, Amazon, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and the likes.

Upvote 0

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely! We are being exploited by giant corporations most let that happen. It is not to let them. Hard to do in this modern world where the push is to hop on board of the manipulation market.

Say bye to Google, Amazon, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and the likes.
Spot on! Thank you!

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
"Well, duh!" Springs to mind here. And I only say that, because Instagram has already blown its cover with just HOW aggressive it is with forced notifications, a not so subtle discover page, sponsored content, a tailored algorithm (which I throw off by deliberately mixing up my searches and never liking anything) and bots - SO many bots.

Moderation is the key to civilisation. It seems to me that people are either easily suggestible, or they're just paranoid conspiracy theorists - but notice how there seems to be very little in the middle? Well, the middle is exactly where we need to get to. Otherwise, we'll continue to be divided for pretty soft reasons. As it is, America literally argues the difference between red and blue and kills for it. Funnily enough, we're divided by red and blue in the UK too. Strange seeing how both of our flags contain red AND blue together, in perfect harmony.

I think it's up to everyone themselves as individuals to develop will power, free thinking (you have an opinion and you are absolutely entitled to it - don't be manipulated otherwise), inner peace and motivation. And on the motivation point, question your motivation - always, and listen to your heart's reply as to whether it's genuine or not.

It'd honestly be comical if it wasn't so serious, but yes, I think we are being a little stupid. There's a real risk of a global civil war and honestly? Would you write it off as part of a plan? To "divide and conquer" - I'll leave that one open.

Good video - I like Anonymous. I like that guy with the dreadlocks too but can never remember his name... (It was probably in the video and I've already forgotten it.)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This summary should have been with the Vid OP. The OP video shows from several viewpoints, determinism, randomism and how society has followed the liberal view from the 18th century, the illusion of free will. Continuing into the meat the coming revelation thru social media and its use of getting into our heads, forming our choices for us. It's thought provoking. Lemme know what y'all think.

The video fails to document any downside.
I'd LIKE a device that can detect by blood pressure with a camera.
And my blood sugar levels, and my hormone levels, and heart rate.
If a big corporation can do that, then I could do that for myself as well.
What is the downside?

"Liberal" means somebody has a clue what my blood pressure is. OK..then I'm liberal. "Liberal" means somebody can access my blood sugar levels. Awesome.

"Liberal" means I'll have a sensor that can monitor the results of what I eat and I don't have to die from diabetes like my uncles all have. Call me "Liberal" then. Most of my uncles died before 60. They were very conservative thinkers. "Nobody is going to tell me to eat salads!"

I would say I've never seen one of my uncles eating a salad. Lots of steaks and burgers. All dead now.

Does Facebook know too much? I rarely use it. I certainly can just live fine without it. Call me a liberal then. You can call me that on Twitter if you wish. I won't be reading it unless I choose to.

Bring on that Liberal technology!
I'll use it If I choose to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moderation is the key to civilisation. It seems to me that people are either easily suggestible, or they're just paranoid conspiracy theorists - but notice how there seems to be very little in the middle?
Are you sure there are few people in the middle ?

Seems to me the middle just chose America's new president.

Not Trump ... not Bernie Sanders, ... Biden ...

Upvote 0

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The video fails to document any downside.
I'd LIKE a device that can detect by blood pressure with a camera.
And my blood sugar levels, and my hormone levels, and heart rate.
If a big corporation can do that, then I could do that for myself as well.
What is the downside?

"Liberal" means somebody has a clue what my blood pressure is. OK..then I'm liberal. "Liberal" means somebody can access by blood sugar levels. Awesome.

"Liberal" means I'll have a sensor that can monitor the results of what I eat and I don't have to die from diabetes like my uncles all have. Call me "Liberal" then. Most of my uncles died before 60. They were very conservative thinkers. "Nobody is going to tell me to eat salads!" I would say I've never seen one of my uncles eating a salad. Lots of steaks and burgers. All dead now.

Does Facebook know too much? I rarely use it. I certainly can just live fine without it. Call me a liberal then. You can call me that on Twitter if you wish. I won't be reading it unless I feel like it.

You can have my morally compromised COVID shot. I thought the vid made good points in how we're being programmed. Some don't mind, sad but it's a free country, for now.

Upvote 0

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

The Don should have been replaced on the Republican ticket, he burnt down the Republican party on his way out the door.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
It is not something new it has been going on for a while 500+ years. But has increase a good bit the last 60 years.

But ever since Adam made his bite, mankind has been on a downward spiral. But as the 7 years get closer mankind will be more stressed.

Government is just preparing for the up and coming times.

But for the christian it is surprising (not really ) how they are following in the footsteps of the world. With many putting aside many areas of/in The Bible that could help them see many of these government/science deceptions. I guess they are still following Adam in a sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
It is not something new it has been going on for a while 500+ years. But has increase a good bit the last 60 years.

But ever since Adam made his bite, mankind has been on a downward spiral. But as the 7 years get closer mankind will be more stressed.

Government is just preparing for the up and coming times.

But for the christian it is surprising (not really ) how they are following in the footsteps of the world. With many putting aside many areas of/in The Bible that could help them see many of these government/science deceptions. I guess they are still following Adam in a sense.
Yes, ultimately this is where I'd hoped the thread would lead to discussion.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If the tentacles are as far reaching as most suggest why do they believe this site is safe? You can’t say the boogeyman is everywhere except the place I frequent.

~bella
:wave: I reckon we'll just have to have faith in God that He's influencing this forum more than satan.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
:wave: I reckon we'll just have to have faith in God that He's influencing this forum more than satan.

If the Internet is being monitored this venue is no different from the next. Given the fact it’s open and searchable without a requirement for membership to do so should inform discourse. :)

~bella

Upvote 0

wandering misfit

Nowhere man
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2012
Indiana
✟54,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If the Internet is being monitored this venue is no different from the next. Given the fact it’s open and searchable without a requirement for membership to do so should inform discourse. :)

~bella
Well, I reckon we could ask "The Google" (misfit says jokingly), or the magic 8 ball. :biggrin:

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
b, I tried to look @ your profile and I was denied......error. :ahah:

All jokes aside, I agree with curtailing social media use. I would be more strategic on that end.

I use it for business reasons and only connect with others in my industry. My feed is full of uplifting content. I never see politics, arguments, or anything along those lines.

My friends weigh in from time to time. But I don’t engage with those posts. Social engineering and behavioral economics require intentional tweaks to maintain autonomy. Otherwise you’re a human suggestion box.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, ultimately this is where I'd hoped the thread would lead to discussion.

Well there is always grains of truth in deceptions. I believe, many deceptions now especially government connected ones have a satan guided influence in some way.
The near perfect and peaceful rule of The Messiah during the 1000 millennium happens to some part because satan is bound for this 1000 years. But notice as soon as he is released he deceives the nations into making war with God for one final time.

Eve knows this because as satan stated if she would eat of the fruit she would know good and evil. She just did not understand the price it would cost to know god and evil.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,315.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It is certainly true that social media collect and collate everything we reveal about ourselves when we use them. Amazon and others know a lot about us from our searches and purchases. This is certainly sinister.

We are not exactly helpless to stop this. Do not use these mega-businesses, or use them as little as possible. Use texts and emails rather than Facebook to communicate with friends and family. Go direct to websites instead of habitually Googling. Shop locally. Block advertisements where you can. Use cash.

I think what is needed is international regulation of these monopolies. They should to stop collecting data on citizens beyond names and addresses and such-like and to destroy what they already have. They should pay their taxes in the countries where they operate.

The idea that they are working together against us is fanciful to say the least. They actually competitors and jealously guard - or sell on for a profit - the data that makes them rich.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian

I have to confess, that I'm not the most knowledgeable person in the world where Biden is concerned. I've watched a few very early interviews of him from back in the 70s and done a bit of homework, but it was hard to take in if I'm honest. (I keep in the loop in case I want to emigrate over one day.)

Anyway, let's be honest, whether you're far right, or part of the woke brigade, neither are good. There's room for gradation away from centre but not to a ridiculous cult like level.

Upvote 0