Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But not as sick as those who actually have it and may be on a ventilator dying.

This should not be a political issue nor an issue of personal rights.
We need to protect the most vulnerable and that means wearing a mask and keeping distance.

If for nothing else I welcome new national leadership fighting the virus.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

We need to protect the most vulnerable and that means wearing a mask and keeping distance.

There's nothing to worry about. Vaccines will be mandatory soon enough

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing to worry about. Vaccines will be mandatory soon enough

Wishful thinking, in your country at least. I even doubt it will happen in my country. Still, here's hoping it happens.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Well, Matt Hancock was grinning like a Cheshire cat the other day - and some bloke who looks like Penfold said "the train has turned the corner, and we've just begun to see the lights" - so I GUESS they're more confident about a vaccine than I am. But if it IS the real deal, then it needs to be given to those who need it most.

This SHOULD be a global effort. And people like ME shouldn't be considered for it.

Upvote 0

Benam

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2017
BC
✟679,602.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Almost zero chance of it being required in general. Also remember that vaccines are not a cure. They do nothing to help those who are already infected, they only help to lessen the likelihood that a currently UNinfected person will get it.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wishful thinking, in your country at least. I even doubt it will happen in my country. Still, here's hoping it happens.
Around here we're starting to gear up for vaccine distribution. My wife is a PA and the city is actively looking for medical professionals to administer the vaccine. They're offering a lot of money per hour to do it, with extremely flexible hours. Basically, they want anyone that can poke someone with a needle whenever they are available to do so. She can do a few hours a week and take home an extra few hundred dollars for the month. Their target is to have the capacity to give out 1 million vaccines in 6-8 weeks.

My wife seems pretty sure that based on what she's heard, and the focus on getting ready, a vaccine should be available for medical professionals and high risk populations by the end of the year.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Around here we're starting to gear up for vaccine distribution. My wife is a PA and the city is actively looking for medical professionals to administer the vaccine. They're offering a lot of money per hour to do it, with extremely flexible hours. Basically, they want anyone that can poke someone with a needle whenever they are available to do so. She can do a few hours a week and take home an extra few hundred dollars for the month. Their target is to have the capacity to give out 1 million vaccines in 6-8 weeks.

My wife seems pretty sure that based on what she's heard, and the focus on getting ready, a vaccine should be available for medical professionals and high risk populations by the end of the year.

I'm not arguing against it being available, I'm arguing against it being made mandatory.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟511,642.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Almost zero chance of it being required in general. Also remember that vaccines are not a cure. They do nothing to help those who are already infected, they only help to lessen the likelihood that a currently UNinfected person will get it.

Oh, I predict the opposite. The virus has been so disruptive of American life that vaccination will be mandatory where the government can properly exercise its power to make it mandatory. Schools, teachers, students, healthcare workers, nursing homes, etcetera.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When people are restricted by their governments from movement, travel, and conducting business as usual, it becomes an issue of politics and personal rights, whether we like that fact or not.
Well, the common good is the responsibility of government. So politics is one lens to look through. Kindness and care for others is another.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Matt Hancock was grinning like a Cheshire cat the other day - and some bloke who looks like Penfold said "the train has turned the corner, and we've just begun to see the lights" - so I GUESS they're more confident about a vaccine than I am. But if it IS the real deal, then it needs to be given to those who need it most.

This SHOULD be a global effort. And people like ME shouldn't be considered for it.
Meanwhile, since the the bigger numbers of doses won't be available to non-healthcare workers soon...the projection I just heard estimated total U.S. deaths from Covid to be well over 400,000 sometime in March. So for a lot of people, that train is bearing down the track towards them isn't stopping, and will be hitting them sooner than they might know.

• Agree
Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Oh, I predict the opposite. The virus has been so disruptive of American life that vaccination will be mandatory where the government can properly exercise its power to make it mandatory. Schools, teachers, students, healthcare workers, nursing homes, etcetera.

We'll probably be issued with an ID card or something after the second dose. I don't think it'll be mandatory, but life will be harder for those who don't have it.

Don't know what I'm worried about, when I lived and worked on a farm I accidentally jabbed myself on a routine basis - with MUCH worse.

Reactions: NotreDame
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Meanwhile, since the the bigger numbers of doses won't be available to non-healthcare workers soon...the projection I just heard estimated total U.S. deaths from Covid to be well over 400,000 sometime in March. So for a lot of people, that train is bearing down the track towards them isn't stopping, and will be hitting them sooner than they might know.

That is unfortunately the case. I think a lot of it is just bluster - I mean, they might be on to something. But it's FAR too early yet to begin planning a major roll out.

It'll be this time next year before me or you are offered it. (I should think.)

Upvote 0

SimpleLiving2019

Nov 1, 2020
Washington
✟12,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

...well at least you inserted your piece in the correct forum...politics, lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is unfortunately the case. I think a lot of it is just bluster - I mean, they might be on to something. But it's FAR too early yet to begin planning a major roll out.

It'll be this time next year before me or you are offered it. (I should think.)
I wonder, if it's found continuing safe looking, whether they might be able to accelerate the production some more.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder, if it's found continuing safe looking, whether they might be able to accelerate the production some more.

Well, the world of medicine advances by the minute - so who knows? I'd want to hear it from a doctor though, not a politician.

If it were optional, I'd decline anyway. It just wouldn't be ethical. The NHS should only take what it NEEDS to cover the 'upper tier' vulnerable patients. Ship out the spares to those who really need it.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When people are restricted by their governments from movement, travel, and conducting business as usual, it becomes an issue of politics and personal rights, whether we like that fact or not.
States and countries don't want your possible COVID-19 body around them. And neither do I. My life surpasses your rights, That can pass COVID-19 to my family and myself.

Upvote 0