Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Much has been said about Democrat and others who disagree with president Trump. Those who support President Trump say, those who disagree with President Trump hate him so much that they can’t open their eyes and see the accomplishment President Trump has done. They are hatemonger and they can’t see all the good thing President Trump is doing.

It’s not that those who disagree with him hate the president or hate America. We just have different view how to make America great.

It doesn’t matter who you are, what are your ideology or political view.. one thing must be said that all American loves this country and want to Make America Great. Either you are republican, democrat, liberal or conservative, or independent, every one want to have a better America then what she is today. Every politician either run in local city council or congress, wants to make this country better, each has different path , but all has the same goal. Make America and the world a better place then what we have.

Let’s take some of the none controversial issue and see them from different point of view.

Wall in Southern border – President Trump and his supporter thinks making a wall in our southern boarder will secure our country and control the illegal migration. So when President build the wall , his supporter cheer and say , this is an accomplishment and making America Great. I and other who disagree, we see this is a “complete waste of time” . This doesn’t hurt the country but waste of rescores and time. The root cause of illegal migration is the economy and security in Latin America. Unless we address those issue south of USA, the migrant from Latin America will keep coming.

Trade – When President Trump came to power, he withdrew from TPP. His supporter cheer and say it is a promise kept and bringing jobs back to America. I see 4 years Obama Admin and Some GOP works down the drain, we lost South Pacific market for America. It will not create jobs , rather we lost a market to China. We too want Americans job and America trade with others, but not by withdrawing America from World Market.

NATO: President Trump goes to Europe and give strong speech and tell EU countries to pay their share. His supporter says President Trump standing up for America and savings billions of dollar. I see a strong NATO has served us well past 70 years and a strong alliance with NATO is far greater for America than saving 100 billion of dollar. To me American supper-power depend on our alliance with NATO. Aggravating NATO countries and jeopardizing the alliance is not the way to make America great.

Media : When President Trump attack the media, his supporter say , “ media went rouge , and fake, we need to address this and make media truth teller, and President just pointing this to media”. I see media is one of the foundation of our democracy, authority telling media how to write .. what to write is do greater harm to our democracy then some fake news and shoddy journalism. If some media is fake , eventually they will not survive. But by no means we can muzzle media because some are careless.

Economy and recovery: Since president Trump took office economy has done a great job, unemployment was 50 years low ( lets not talk about last 3 weeks). Either I agree with President Trump’s economic policy or not , I can’t disagree with the Status. But here is my issue .. when President Trump and his supporter talk about recovery, they think until 2017 the US economy was horrible and there was no economic recovery during Obama administration. Truth is since 2010 our economy doing great and that continued until last month.

We all want to make America great and a better world for our future generation, we just have different way to get there. May be wen can start from there; that our fellow Americans, regardless of their ideology .. wants a better America!

Reactions: Speedwell

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟325,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A quick note on NATO -- the crazy thing about Trump demanding that they "pay their share" is that this was something that was originally agreed to under the Obama administration in 2014 -- as a response to Russian aggression in Ukraine. Our European allies had already started increasing spending, with an agreed goal that they'd increase spending to 2% of GDP by 2024.

This is really Trump wanting to take credit for something he didn't do, though I'm sure he wants to claim he's the one that got them to "pay up" -- and alienating our NATO allies in his attempt to do it.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to hold my hand up! I don't want to Make America Grate Again!

Actually, you do want to make America great for the sake of United Kingdom. The old idea that one country must do worse for my country to do great no longer apply. In 21st century we are so interconnected and dependent to each other, when something goes wrong other side of the world, it does effect wherever we live. Take China, a US adversary, yet Chinese economy and politics must do well for US stability. IF US is weak, that will effect NATO and it will defiantly effect the security of United Kingdom.

Upvote 0