Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Keep in mind some people are educated beyond their intellects or you could say they can't see the forests because of the trees.

Lol some people can’t accept that the trees aren’t fake and the forest isn’t on fire.

Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Not if they show up to vote and then have to wait in line for five hours. Not if they show up to vote and are harassed while waiting in line by armed Trump supporters. Not if they show up to vote only to discover their registration has been purged because they didn’t vote in the last three elections. I predict that the attempts at voter suppression will be off the charts.

I agree .. my advise .. if you are in swing state ( AZ, WI, MI,PA, N.C or FL) , please vote early in person. Don’t even bother with mail-in , just go early and vote. I can’t wait vote in-person in WI.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Lol some people can’t accept that the trees aren’t fake and the forest isn’t on fire.
Id' say when the experts the "educated" were trying to tell us months ago it's really not important for you to wear masks and one really shouldn't be doing so and turn that around and say you really should be doing it now and MUST it becomes increasingly more difficult to be believe any thing they say.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟325,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't see that SA will move the needle one bit in regard to who they endorse. If they're all bent out of shape because of Trump's environment ideas it's already baked in the cake to whom they could influence by their endorsement. Everybody already knows what Trump would do with the environmental file Paris Accord and they've known it for years.

The endorsements I think that are really influential are the Police Unions which all across the country they're standing with Trump. Having peace and safety is so very important for people and when the Dems say they likewise support law and order the people will look to the Police....what are they saying.....who do they say feel can best assure stability can once again be realized. We know what their answer is....TRUMP.

It seems hugely ironic to me that Republicans would let unions determine which candidate to vote for. Additionally, police unions appear to be much of the problem with police in this country -- the police unions seem to be the ones that protect the bad cops and prevent them from being fired.

• Agree
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Id' say when the experts the "educated" were trying to tell us months ago it's really not important for you to wear masks and one really shouldn't be doing so and turn that around and say you really should be doing it now and MUST it becomes increasingly more difficult to be believe any thing they say.

That’s a bit of a cop out, the only answer to that would be ‘scientists should just know everything about everything ever and never be uncertain or wrong about anything’, which is just stupid. People in a civilised society are expected to cooperate according to the available understanding of what is best for everyone, of course that is going to lead to errors and mistakes. That is no reasons to decide some other random character with even less of a grasp on the situation should be listened to.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree .. my advise .. if you are in swing state ( AZ, WI, MI,PA, N.C or FL) , please vote early in person. Don’t even bother with mail-in , just go early and vote. I can’t wait vote in-person in WI.
Most people work on Tuesdays, that‘S just not possible for the majority of Americans. It’s working class people who have little control or flexibility in their schedules who are usually the victims of voter suppression.

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟257,746.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Who said that I taught theory as a guess??? I didn't.
Yes, you did. All the red flags, all the creationist code words are there.
In the public school system, I taught what was in the book - evolution. I taught it as what it is - a theory.
And we know all how the layman interprets the word "theory". And we know all the creationist love the phrase "just a theory".
I taught my students to think for themselves.
And did you do that with the heliocentric theory too? Or with the VSEPR theory? Or with the atom theory? Or did you do that only with the theory of evolution, because "that's just a theory"?

In Sunday School - I teach creationism. Not intelligent design. Old or young earth? I lean more towards a youngER earth.
And after teaching that I bet you didn't instruct your students to think for themselves.
How young? I don't know. I don't have those facts. I do believe in a 6-day creation period, but the age of the earth in that context? The Bible doesn't address that.
You don't have those facts? So you have no idea there are things like textbooks? Let alone collections of textbooks, called libraries? Documentaries? Papers? You don't know you can find facts with google, or any search engine? You don't know there are plenty of sites dedicated to science?
So you didn't taught your students how to look up stuff.

Upvote 0

tbstor

Sifting through the unknowable.
May 23, 2020
Baltimore
✟28,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
A ton of voters use endorsements to help make voting decisions. Unfortunately, a lot of people don’t take the time to research candidates so they look to people and organizations they trust to see who those people are supporting. This is more true for local elections, where the media doesn’t cover candidates much.
This is why democracy sucks.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,099,038.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...and that was based upon a deliberately misleading headline from a very biased publication, Snopes.
Did Donald Trump, Jr. Call Teachers ‘Losers’ at His Father’s Rally in Texas?

The president's eldest son aired his grievances with educators during a political rally.

How is this headline biased?

I rather agree with you on this. Right now I am disgusted with Fauci and Deborah B who had access to the very early reports before Feb.7th. They knew how contagious and fast-spreading this virus is.
Fauci said they didn't tell us to wear masks so that the PPE would be available to medical workers. Well, that's just fine but Trump had control over most of the PPE and where it went but they could have told us in mid-Feb how to make our own masks.
Many businesses could have gotten right on the production of cloth masks if they had been notified in mid-Feb. They knew the virus was here then. Trump could have evoked the Defense Production Act to get businesses rolling on PPE for medical workers and some businesses such as meat processing plants. If we didn't need them all then he could have filled the "bare cupboards" he said he inherited.
Are the polls open on Sat. and Sunday in your state.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This may be one of the bigger "snoozes" of an issue that the Biden campaign has come up with lately.

"Climate change" cannot explain everything that's wrong in the world and at once, but that is what the people proclaiming this stuff want everyone to believe.

It's hot in Arizona (imagine that!) but it's cold THIS WEEK in the Great Lakes area and both are caused by melting icecaps or something. At once.

But the most absurd part of the claim is that they are "science believers" and other people are "science deniers."

"Science believers" who deny that a child is a child a moment before he leaves the birth canal completely. What kind of "science" is that? Or that people are either male or female according to how they feel mentally and emotionally even if the genes they were born with say that opposite. Some "science" that is. :doh:

Scientologists are science believers. Those that take science seriously rely on the scientific method not on belief.

• Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟278,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And yet you still rely on science through every technolog in your life. Where Do you think it all came from?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
As a right wing Christian who taught science - physical science, biology, and earth science - for 32 years, I resent that.
I can understand why. But creationism seems to have prepared Christians for the idea that mainstream science and scholarship are biased against them, if not conspiring to mislead them. I think the consequences of this kind of thinking have become more serious over time, leading to the current concept that research means checking on Facebook to see what as many of your friends as possible think.

At a certain point we need to take a stand against this kind of postmodernism, and insist that truth is objective and in many areas may be objectively determined.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And yet you still rely on science through every technolog in your life. Where Do you think it all came from?
So you're contending that just because many good things have come about and have been invented that therefore means educated men of science can't be swayed to make unsubstantiated claims about many things? This can happen in various ways....they just don't KNOW what they think they know....2) they're bought off 3) they're threatened that if they don't sign on to a certain narrative things won't go well with their careers and the list can go on and on. None of this can happen?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So you're contending that just because many good things have come about and have been invented that therefore means educated men of science can't be swayed to make unsubstantiated claims about many things? This can happen in various ways....they just don't KNOW what they think they know....2) they're bought off 3) they're threatened that if they don't sign on to a certain narrative things won't go well with their careers and the list can go on and on. None of this can happen?

Of course that can happen. That's why many climate change deniers have links to the fossil fuel industry, who funds their research, like Trump's new pick to lead NOAA.

But for that to be the rule rather than the rare exception would require a world-spanning conspiracy.

Particularly in science, where we reward better new ideas that overthrow imperfect old ones, such a thing is just not credible.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
That’s a bit of a cop out, the only answer to that would be ‘scientists should just know everything about everything ever and never be uncertain or wrong about anything’, which is just stupid.

So man can go to the Moon but just can't understand about a simple thing like a face mask?

People in a civilised society are expected to cooperate according to the available understanding of what is best for everyone, of course that is going to lead to errors and mistakes.

Sorry but there's no excuse for telling people masks won't really work for you anyway and then changing their minds and there's no excuse for telling people it's OK to protest for it's really a public health issue with a 1000 "educated" doctors signing on to such a statement.

If they wanted people social distancing and staying home then I would have been more inclined to trust them if they said NONE OF IT IS GOOD! So again we're to blindly trust the "educated"? Does it ever come to a place where you maybe acknowledge that Hey Look.....if you want trust you've got to be consistent! ????????

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the public school system, I taught what was in the book - evolution. I taught it as what it is - a theory. I taught my students to think for themselves.

In Sunday School - I teach creationism. Not intelligent design. Old or young earth? I lean more towards a youngER earth. How young? I don't know. I don't have those facts. I do believe in a 6-day creation period, but the age of the earth in that context? The Bible doesn't address that.

I don't believe one's adherence to a young or old earth defines one's faith in God.
Nor do I. But I don’t go to Sunday School to learn science and I don’t go to science class to learn theology.

Upvote 0