Not open for further replies.

emme12

Apr 2, 2012
✟7,630.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I saw this article on one of my daughter's friends facebook wall. I can't post a link because I've too few posts but here is the article. It was from your modern living.

Love-step number One: Be more feminine.

Yes – the first step to making a guy fall in love with you is by being a Woman. This may sound stupid, but it’s today’s reality. Women are becoming more and more masculine – drinking beer out of a bottle, swearing like a sailor, acting all tough and getting fatter every day. There’s a massive amount of women out there that I just wouldn’t consider a Real woman anymore; in a world where the good old feminine qualities have faded away it’s not easy to fall in love with a nagging, controlling, accusing woman. Men are attracted to the innocent, loving, caring, sexy feminine side of you – and no, most guys don’t want a macho-controlling psycho chick that freaks out if she’s asked to give him oral. Be more of a lady and you’ll be much easier for a guy to love as you’ll be more attractive.

Making him adore you step number two: Change your way of thinking.

It’s incredible how much some women expect all because they have something that 90% of men can not resist. And you know that it’s the thing between your legs. Not so long ago the ideal was: Give to get. Women were giving creatures. And I’m not saying they were “slaves” or whatever a lot of feminists (probably not so happy with their sex lives) think out there. Women were more caring and one of their main goals in a relationship and marriage was to please their husband and make him happy. Make him feel like a King at home so that he can give his best out there in the world of making a decent living for his family. Now that changed and what we have is an over 50% divorce rate and another 30-40% of miserable marriages. Instead of looking for faults – find compromise. When in a relationship – be on the pleasing side, make it your goal to make your man feel like a King and most sane men will appreciate that. A good woman is hard to find. Be the best for him and he’ll be the best for you.

Men are simple to get, all you have to do to be halfway to capturing his heart is: Look good.

I told you I’ll tell you the cold hard truth. Good looks win hearts whether you want it or not. That’s reality. Men are more visual creatures than women, and if you look good, we’ll be after you. Now, of course are not everything – but they help. A lot. I’ve been with gorgeous looking models that had a bad attitude, had no brain and an irritating personality. I didn’t love them, but it was a necessary first step to give them the chance to love them in a man plus woman, not a friend loves friend kind of way. The truth is simple – working out and looking good and sexy can not effect a guy falling in love with you in a negative way what so ever. So, ladies – if you want to get that guy and KEEP him – get your butt of the couch, stop eating junk and watching soap operas all day and hit the gym. He’ll be happy and proud to show your sexy legs to his jealous friends and that should be your goal. It won’t guarantee you love – but it’s a mandatory first step whether you like it or not.

And last but not least: It’s all about sex.

Yes ladies. Sex it is, was and will be. The way to a mans heart is through his penis and that’s a fact. If you can’t get that part right, everything else is worth nothing. There’s a popular song that simply puts it “I can’t have sex with your personality.” If you want a guy to fall in love with you – like, for real – you have to give him the best sex he’s ever had. Most women out there are insecure about their sex skills and read Cosmo and other similar mostly non-sense magazines to get tips. I’ll give you the simple truth – you have to be the kinky inappropriate content star he imagines. That’s it. The best skill you can acquire is learning how to give a guy amazing oral sex – that’s a secret weapon that men fall in love with. And it works better than any other dumb tip. Good sex is at the core of men falling in love with a woman and all women in successful relationships know that.

I can see that some of it is correct eg "Be the best for him and he’ll be the best for you", but the last point especially really irritated me. It states: " I’ll give you the simple truth – you have to be the kinky inappropriate content star he imagines". I felt pretty upset that my daughter's friends thought this was great advice but I wondered what you guys thought.

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I think it's all incredibly sexist. Change the way you look, change the way you act, change the way you think. It's essentially saying, the way you are is not good enough for a man so you need to change everything about you in order to get a man to marry you. Who would want a man on those terms? Who would want a man who couldn't love the real you and wanted you to put on a weird act, pretending you're someone different to who you are, just to 'keep' him. It's awful.

Upvote 0

UK Fred

Dec 4, 2011
✟15,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wow!

It sounds like it is a good way to make yourself atttractive for a PUA. But I would not be looking to marry a girl who followed this advice.

By all means be more feminine, and make the most of what you have by looking good. This would be taking the advice of the people who do "Colour Me Beautiful" and style consutlants who can tell you what sort of styles look good on your body shape without making yourself look frumpy. As for giving him sex, sex and more sex, that's fine if you want to get the reputation of the town bike but remember that every action has a consequence, and the consequence of having sex outside marriage still involves long term reputational repercussions. The time to have sex is when you are convinced that he will still respect you in the morning, because he has married you. Sex is not a weapon to use to get him to love you. It might get him to want to have more sex with you, but love you?

About the only comment for this 'advice' that will not get me thrown off this board is "CLAPTRAP".

Upvote 0

Sailor_A

Jun 7, 2011
Earth
✟8,352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lol. I agree with what Athene said. To be honest following that advice may get you a man but he may not be the kind of man you want. Find someone who likes you and who you generally like. I think overall it is bad advice and horribly offensive. Also marriage is not the be all and end all of life! Women should into put so much of their self-worth into finding a husband; especially one who thinks so little of women and femininity in general.

1)This should be as simple as: Have manners. Both sexes should behave in an appropriate dignified manner at most times. Also if you behave well you may attract a man who behaves well also not like a thug which the author seems to be saying is a masculine way to act. I never wanted a man who did all the things described and would not act that way myself. The author makes it appear as if being feminine is doing everything he wants ie giving oral??? Being feminine does not mean being naive; you can be smart, savvy and have morals and principles you adhere too. That is never wrong.

2) Rephrase as: Think of your spouse first. The author forgets that it was not so very long ago that a woman could not divorce her spouse and had very little rights in marriage. This has an effect. Both partners should think of the other. Also nowadays both spouses work and regardless of that both of them need encouragement.

3) Take care of yourself. Agree! However the goal should not be in order to be a trophy :(. I find that rather sad.

4) Disagree. If you do not live up to your principles he won't respect you for it and you will not respect yourself. Please your spouse but do not ever do anything you think is wrong.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Typical sexist nonsense.

The best skill you can acquire is learning how to give a guy amazing oral sex – that’s a secret weapon that men fall in love with. And it works better than any other dumb tip. Good sex is at the core of men falling in love with a woman and all women in successful relationships know that.
Also, just bear in mind that this is not Christian advice, because no girl should be having sex with a guy before marriage. And I just shudder at the idea that a man will fall in love with a girl because she "gives amazing oral sex". G.R.O.S.S. And also - major wish fulfillment.

Here's my tip - be the right girl, find the right guy, get married, and figure out your sex life together. Now that would be satisfactory.

Upvote 0

Sailor_A

Jun 7, 2011
Earth
✟8,352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Typical sexist nonsense.

Also, just bear in mind that this is not Christian advice, because no girl should be having sex with a guy before marriage. And I just shudder at the idea that a man will fall in love with a girl because she "gives amazing oral sex". G.R.O.S.S. And also - major wish fulfillment.

Here's my tip - be the right girl, find the right guy, get married, and figure out your sex life together. Now that would be satisfactory.

:thumbsup:

Also I have to mention that I love your signature quote. I remember watching a film about the Bronte sisters and I found that quote the most encouraging.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Also I have to mention that I love your signature quote. I remember watching a film about the Bronte sisters and I found that quote the most encouraging.
I won't talk about it at length here, because it wouldn't be fair to the OP, but I recently decided to re-read Jane Eyre, and I am finding things that I did not notice the other 5 or 6 times I read it, including that quote. I was like oh, wow. I am a major Bronte fan and have been to Haworth several times to see the Parsonage. You should go! It's really interesting. :)

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Im all for being feminine and looking good, but there are limits. And no, its not all about sex. I see it pretty simply, if you want to get a nice guy, be a nice girl. If you want to act like a [you know what], then what kind of guy you do think you're gonna attract? If a woman just uses sex appeal, thats the kind of guy shes gonna get - a guy who just wants her for her body. Kinda like the typical universal 'you reap what you sow'. Be a friend, you get friends etc - that kind of idea. Be one way and you're gonna get that kind of response in return.

Upvote 0

SPB1987

Jul 29, 2011
✟9,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also find it funny how these kind of articles cite the 50% divorce rate as opposed to the way things used to be. In the 50s, if women had the same opportunities they have now(work, education, etc) the divorce rate would likely be no different than it is today. I firmly believe the only reason the divorce rate was lower then was because the lack of options that women had during those days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I also find it funny how these kind of articles cite the 50% divorce rate as opposed to the way things used to be. In the 50s, if women had the same opportunities they have now(work, education, etc) the divorce rate would likely be no different than it is today. I firmly believe the only reason the divorce rate was lower then was because the lack of options that women had during those days.
So, she had to stay regardless of anything, right? If her husband beat her or cheated, she had no choices because she had no job to fall back on. Yes, the past was so wonderful.

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I saw this article on one of my daughter's friends facebook wall. I can't post a link because I've too few posts but here is the article. It was from your modern living.

I can see that some of it is correct eg "Be the best for him and he’ll be the best for you", but the last point especially really irritated me. It states: " I’ll give you the simple truth – you have to be the kinky inappropriate content star he imagines". I felt pretty upset that my daughter's friends thought this was great advice but I wondered what you guys thought.

If my wife did any of this for me we would have to have a serious talk. I would not have her degrade herself like this and I would, lovingly, tell her to stop. Anyone who acted like that toward a husband has deep seated emotional insecurity and any husband who would ask that of a wife has the same. But I disagree that ANY of it is correct. In context, 'be the best for him' includes degrading attitudes and actions that are not upheld by Christian standards of marriage according to the article.

Upvote 0

JRSut1000

Newbie no more!
Aug 20, 2011
United States of America
✟14,114.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
It sounds like this article is saying that a woman has to act like a inappropriate content star so that her husband doesnt turn to inappropriate content or another woman. I didnt know love was based on fear, but its the world's love not God's love.

(though there is nothing wrong if a wife does dress sexy or even kinky if they both enjoy it and its exclusive to just those two)

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In context, 'be the best for him' includes degrading attitudes and actions that are not upheld by Christian standards of marriage according to the article.
Exactly. Being the best for God might be a better aim and will not ever take a person astray.

Upvote 0

SPB1987

Jul 29, 2011
✟9,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, she had to stay regardless of anything, right? If her husband beat her or cheated, she had no choices because she had no job to fall back on. Yes, the past was so wonderful.

Exactly! People did not stay married in the 50s for good reasons. Sure women had the option to leave but she likely would be worse off if she did. I would love to see a lower divorce rate but not if it means trapping someone in an abusive marriage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
R

Romanseight2005

Yep, does anyone compare the female suicide rate of that day to today's?

Upvote 0
R

Romanseight2005

It sounds like this article is saying that a woman has to act like a inappropriate content star so that her husband doesnt turn to inappropriate content or another woman. I didnt know love was based on fear, but its the world's love not God's love.

(though there is nothing wrong if a wife does dress sexy or even kinky if they both enjoy it and its exclusive to just those two)

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Exactly! People did not stay married in the 50s for good reasons. Sure women had the option to leave but she likely would be worse off if she did. I would love to see a lower divorce rate but not if it means trapping someone in an abusive marriage.
Okay. I assumed that you meant that this was a good thing, so I apologize for assuming wrongly about you.

Upvote 0

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated