Ways I get through depression based on my melancholy introversion

Oct 8, 2012
✟21,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Melancholy depression and things I do to get thru it

Things that have helped me when ive gone through depression due to being a melancholy introverted temperament :

Pray -talk to God and about my requests and repent sometimes praying isnt enough

Laughing - Really? yeh really laughing about it -the pain
No way!? Laughter in terms of healthy jokes that build you up and others in a way that expresses the pain your going through or even just reading a funny book! I.e words used in jokes that dont put yourself and others down .It releases tension it really does! And you feel good so good after a good old belly laugh! Some times you just want to throw apples at peoples heads when theyre rude to you and its ok to admit that! Or a cricket ball, depends. Did I mention cricket? Not that theres crazy nutty fans around the world or anything at the moment.

Telling others about what Im going thru and getting help I.e Being prayed for.

Realising some to alot of problems cant be fixed overnight so go back to bed. Melancholies unfortunately dont look after their health at times and lose sleep due to worrying. I have to remind myself im not alone and God is the one who can do anything and everthing some problems and questions cant be fixed all in one night/day stressing worrying about it hoping Ill get it sorted tonight when God doesnt always explain himself alot of questions WONT be answered this side of glory but in heaven. Thats called faith and trust the Lord doesnt want us trying to get answers for everything when im not God only he knows everything . I just have to trust him .

Ease up
I dont have to hate myself because I feel guilty for mistakes I shouldnt feel overly guilty.

Depression is not attractive. As a melancholy I tend to think being gloomy is good for me and others will appreciate it Dont think so! Its ok for me to admit Im down but I can move on with my Father helping me I dont have to wallow in self pity .

Reactions: Jaelyn Liza