• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Wayne County election board Republicans rescind votes certifying results

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by paul1149, Nov 18, 2020 at 10:58 PM.

1. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,831
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    In dramatic reversal, Wayne County election board Republicans rescind votes certifying results

In an extraordinary turnabout that foreshadows possible legal action, the two GOP members of Wayne County's election board signed affidavits Wednesday night alleging they were bullied and misled into approving election results in Michigan's largest metropolis and do not believe the votes should be certified until serious irregularities in Detroit votes are resolved.

The statements by Wayne County Board of Canvassers Chairwoman Monica Palmer and fellow GOP member William C. Hartmann rescinding their votes from a day earlier threw into question anew whether Michigan's presidential vote currently favoring Democrat Joe Biden will be certified. They also signaled a possible legal confrontation ahead.

"I voted not to certify, and I still believe this vote should not be certified," Hartmann said his affidavits. "Until these questions are addressed, I remain opposed to certification of the Wayne County results."

Added Palmer in her affidavit: "I rescind my prior vote to certify Wayne County elections."

Both GOP board members said their concerns included there were discrepancies in nearly three quarters of Detroit's precincts poll books where ballots are supposed to be matched to qualified voters.

"The Wayne County election had serious process flaws which deserve investigation. I continue to ask for information to assure Wayne County voters that these elections were conducted fairly and accurately. Despite repeated requests I have not received the requisite information and believe an additional 10 days of canvas by the State Board of canvassers will help provide the information necessary," Palmer explained. MORE . . .

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mukk_in

mukk_in Yankees Fan Supporter

+3,575
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    Maybe they have a conscience, after all:).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. paul1149

paul1149 that your faith might rest in the power of God Supporter

+4,831
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    US-Republican
    It's not easy. They were pressured and coerced and threatened with vile charges of racism, and their children were doxxed. Pray for courage and safety.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. RestoreTheJoy

RestoreTheJoy Well-Known Member Supporter

+844
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    What is wrong with people? If there is nothing to hide, then let it all out in the light.

5. Justin-H.S.

Justin-H.S. Retrograde

+583
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Engaged
    What man lights a lamp and hides it under a bushel?

6. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    Well...you might want to hold off on the celebration:
    Fact check: Wayne County board voted twice to certify election results
    tulc(thought this was interesting)

7. mukk_in

mukk_in Yankees Fan Supporter

+3,575
    India
    Christian
    Celibate
    Praying brother.

8. Wolseley

Wolseley Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I think we should just declare this entire election illegitimate, and start over again using good old-fashioned paper ballots with the candidate's names and a box next to each one to put an "X" in. To be counted by hand. No machines; no electronics; no computers; just paper ballots, counted by hand.

9. tulc

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    Or people could just get over the fact that President Trump lost? In a landslide? To a guy in his basement? I'm thinking that may be what's going to have to happen instead of playing "do overs" and hoping there's a different outcome.
    tulc(just a thought)

10. Wolseley

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Landslide? Come now, tulc. 1932 was a landslide. So was 1936. So was 1972. And 1984. You could probably stretch it a bit and say that even 1928 and 1980 were landslides, meaning there was absolutely no doubt whatsoever about the winner.

But 2020, a landslide? Not even close. 2020 is one of those elections where the country was evidently about evenly divided, close to 50-50 in every state, with the outcome decided by a few lousy hundred thousand votes. You can doubt the result (as many of do---I still firmly believe this election was massively tampered with by a Democrat deep conspiracy), or you can accept it as face value (as I'm sure you undoubtedly do).

But landslide? Please.

11. tulc

+17,174
    Christian
    Married
    Shouldn't you be explaining that to President Trump? When he got 306 Electoral votes in 2016 he said it was a landslide. Resurfaced clips show Donald Trump saying 306 electoral votes is a "landslide" in 2016 after Biden wins same amount in 2020
    And oddly enough, 306 is how many President elect Biden has. So, too sum up: President Trump lost his re-election bid. To a guy in his basement. By a landslide.
    tulc(suspects that's gotta sting just a little)

12. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+4,743
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi wolseley,

I think you likely need to understand that tulc is using the same definition of 'landslide' that President Trump used in 2016. If 306 electoral votes was a landslide in 2016, is there any reason that the same people who saw it that way then, shouldn't see it that way now? After all, 306 is a fixed and definite number. It doesn't change in value no matter the date it is used.

God bless,
    ted

13. Wolseley

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    2016 wasn't a landslide, either, regardless of what Trump thinks. A landslide is when the whole shootin' match is mostly one color or the other. To use the examples I posted above, 1932:

1932.png

14. Wolseley

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    1936:

1936.png

15. Wolseley

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    1972:

1972.png

16. Wolseley

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    1984:

1984.png

17. Wolseley

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Now, contrast those maps with 2016:

2016.png

18. Wolseley

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    And 2020. See the difference?

2020.jpg

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020 at 12:17 PM
  19. miamited

miamited Ted Supporter

+4,743
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Hi wolseley,

All I can say is that you don't seem to be getting it. Yes, every reasonable thinking person knows what an election 'landslide' looks like. Thanks.

God bless,
    ted

20. Wolseley

+2,593
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    ^_^ Yeah, I don't get a lot of things----I'm pretty dense.

Remind me of my density next summer when you're paying $5.00 a gallon for gasoline, so good old "I'm going to raise your taxes" Joe can all all sorts of ready cash to give away to the 300,000 illegal aliens crossing over the border every month.

Remember: the dense guy voted against all that. ;)