Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You are correct. What you mentioned is in the 7 things that God abhors, such as:

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." ~Proverbs 6:16-19
Boy, Trump better watch out... He's got 6/7 by my count. I don't know if he's ever killed anyone so I'll give him a pass on that one.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Your opinion is noted.

Thank you for sharing it.

Praying.
Here's a question. At what point did/will you move from praying for trump to change to praying for your country to bend to his will?
There is no Christian message in his policies; he is a misanthrope.
Even Balkans talking donkey spoke with wisdom and Christian gentleness and grace. Your donkey president does no such thing and yet he is revered

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Boy, Trump better watch out... He's got 6/7 by my count. I don't know if he's ever killed anyone so I'll give him a pass on that one.

But his sins, including his "locker room banter of bragging about groping women and forcing himself on them," are overlooked because he's a "baby Christian" don't you know? Never mind the fact that he's in his third marriage to his latest mistress, the woman he cheated on his second wife with, who just happen to be the woman he cheated on his first wife with. And never mind the fact that he fathered five children with three different women or the fact that he admitted to watching young girls getting undressed during a beauty pageant or the fact that he uses profanity or the fact that he continuously uses a racial slur to demean a political opponent. Nah, none of that matters even if he does those things after he supposedly became a Christian last year while pandering for the right wing evangelical vote. He seems to get a free pass from his faithful evangelical Christian supporters.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Here's a question. At what point did/will you move from praying for trump to change to praying for your country to bend to his will?
There is no Christian message in his policies; he is a misanthrope.
Even Balkans talking donkey spoke with wisdom and Christian gentleness and grace. Your donkey president does no such thing and yet he is revered

Who said i was praying for President Trump at that particular time i said that?

I was obliging someone who requested God's help. I am also praying about the dynamics on this thread.

Regarding President Trump, i continue praying for him, my country, and the UK (amongst other countries). That is ongoing. And it has been.
Even Balkans talking donkey

Did you mean Balaam's donkey?

Praying.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's just that their criticisms are so....stupid and baseless..

Who's criticisms? Considering what you replied too, I wasn't sure what side you were taking about, but assuming your general attitude towards Trump meant his supporters...man, you have NOT been paying attention. lol I've asked a few times on these threads what exactly he did wrong, and got no direct reply, because much of the time there is nothing, just people making something out of nothing..or trying to. A complete joke.

Your donkey president does no such thing and yet he is revered

More need for perspective. You somehow get the idea because we defend our president, we think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can only speak for myself but I would bet your comment is generally, even mostly inaccurate, and most that do, support him because he is the president. I'm not sure I've ever revered a president.

Another reason for the support, from me anyway, is how his opposition is acting, and if I need to explain that you you, especially after you've seen what goes on on these threads, I doubt you'd ever get it. It's just so obviously way over the line.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Who's criticisms? Considering what you replied too, I wasn't sure what side you were taking about, but assuming your general attitude towards Trump meant his supporters...man, you have NOT been paying attention. lol I've asked a few times on these threads what exactly he did wrong, and got no direct reply, because much of the time there is nothing, just people making something out of nothing..or trying to. A complete joke.
I guess my first reply is: A lot of those posts start off by saying what the poster thinks Trump did wrong. I've read those posts; there is a LOT of explanations of how trump messed up. They very often explained what they think Trump did wrong and why he is worthy of derision.
Now, this next sentence will be hard for your to hear or accept I'd wager and I'm sorry that I need to "shock" you with this but....
When you argue that "people [are] making something out of nothing..or trying to", what you have not realized yet, is that in fact, you SUPPORT Trump. You LIKE him. You BELIEVE in him. You disagree with a poster and think they don't have an argument NOT because there is something wrong with the poster or because they don't put forward an argument (which seems to be your current understanding), but because you AGREE with Trump, his mindset and his behaviours. I read those posts....everyone does. You cannot rationally argue that they aren't putting forward an argument. You can only argue that you disagree with their argument.

Most of my post was in regards to Trump supporters critiquing other countries and doing a poor job. Only my last paragraph was talking specifically about Trump.

More need for perspective. You somehow get the idea because we defend our president, we think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. I can only speak for myself but I would bet your comment is generally, even mostly inaccurate, and most that do, support him because he is the president. I'm not sure I've ever revered a president.
Sorry guy. It is just really, REALLY hard for me to believe anyone with the "support him because he is the president"...frankly bull....stuff.
After what I saw for the last 8 years and the treatment of Obama, I believe this position is one taken from convenience and not principle though it certainly masks itself as a principled stance

Another reason for the support, from me anyway, is how his opposition is acting, and if I need to explain that you you, especially after you've seen what goes on on these threads, I doubt you'd ever get it. It's just so obviously way over the line.
I can't speak to everything everyone has ever said about Trump. But again, the faux disappointment at the mistreatment of this blundering, mysogynist bigot after the mistreatment of an intelligent, politically informed, Constitutional lawyer president, who showed love for his wife and children, just feels like a used car salesman kind of move. Also, a bit snowflakey

• Winner
Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Who said i was praying for President Trump at that particular time i said that?
You say it. Frequently. I'm curious as to how you pray for Trump and your country. Praying for it is great but I am wondering what you are hoping for. I can tell you that I've prayed for Trump too but I would very much guess that our prayers sounded very different.

Did you mean Balaam's donkey?

Praying.
Ha! Autocorrect on my phone got that one.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You say it. Frequently. I'm curious as to how you pray for Trump and your country. Praying for it is great but I am wondering what you are hoping for. I can tell you that I've prayed for Trump too but I would very much guess that our prayers sounded very different.

Ha! Autocorrect on my phone got that one.

I would hope that our prayers are not that different?

I also pray for different countries around the world and their leaders and people.

Would you like some links?

Perhaps you can join me in prayer?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you argue that "people [are] making something out of nothing..or trying to", what you have not realized yet, is that in fact, you SUPPORT Trump. You LIKE him.

No shock, and squirm all you like, but that doesn't equate to "revere", period.

Sorry guy. It is just really, REALLY hard for me to believe anyone with the "support him because he is the president"...frankly bull....stuff.

Make no difference to me if you believe that or not.

I can't speak to everything everyone has ever said about Trump. But again, the faux disappointment at the mistreatment of this blundering, mysogynist bigot after the mistreatment of an intelligent, politically informed, Constitutional lawyer president, who showed love for his wife and children, just feels like a used car salesman kind of move. Also, a bit snowflakey

If you are unable to see the opposing side is way off base/over the line, I can't help you. When people don't see the completely obvious, there is something else at play that most explanations could never get past so, why bother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
It's just that their criticisms are so....stupid and baseless..

And I don't mean to speak to Gaderene but I would be VERY curious as to his take on this: The number of Americans I have seen provide a thought AND FACT filled critique of Canada is, essentially nil.

What are you asking me? Whether I’ve seen sensible critiques of Canada? Or of the UK? Or do you want to know what I think of Canada? ;)

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
But his sins, including his "locker room banter of bragging about groping women and forcing himself on them," are overlooked because he's a "baby Christian" don't you know?

Wait wait wait, are people seriously using that line?

He seems to get a free pass from his faithful evangelical Christian supporters.

They sell out - as they always do.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol, you’re not being honest. A honest person would put my argument down accurately, for starters.

Run along now.

Lol, you’re not being honest. A honest person would put my argument down accurately, for starters.

Run along now.

You aren't aware of what your argument is? And that makes me dishonest? :)

Seems to me you are clutching at straws.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
You aren't aware of what your argument is? And that makes me dishonest? :)

Of course I know what my argument is. You didn’t state it correctly.

This statement too, is dishonest. I was under the impression your deity frowned on that - something to cogitate on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course I know what my argument is. You didn’t state it correctly.

This statement too, is dishonest. I was under the impression your deity frowned on that - something to cogitate on.

You aren't making yourself clear at all. First what did I state in correctly? And if that was a concern to you, I mean really a concern, why didn't you simply correct it. Instead you made a very unclear accusation.

IOW, what's the problem?

And I have no idea what this "dishonestly" stuff is about except that it's commonly used here when all else fails in ones argument.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
God have mercy!

Praying!

God help us!

We just have dark humour here. We're as cruel about ourselves as we are to others. Most people don't understand that. It's why Brits are incredibly thick-skinned in most cases because we're so self-deprecating.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We just have dark humour here. We're as cruel about ourselves as we are to others. Most people don't understand that. It's why Brits are incredibly thick-skinned in most cases because we're so self-deprecating.

Why we gotta be cruel at all? It kinda hurts to be kicked at like that.

But thank you for the explanation. It's very genteel of you.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Why we gotta be cruel at all? It kinda hurts to be kicked at like that.

But thank you for the explanation. It's very genteel of you.

I don't know. We're just a very laughy-jokey people. We joke about most anything and a lot of the humour is dark because at its core it's good humour if you can look through it as being personal and just being humour.

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't know. We're just a very laughy-jokey people. We joke about most anything and a lot of the humour is dark because at its core it's good humour if you can look through it as being personal and just being humour.

LOL! That was a good explanation, maybe....but thanks. It helps.

Upvote 0