Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You are correct. What you mentioned is in the 7 things that God abhors, such as:

"These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren." ~Proverbs 6:16-19

I'm guessing the irony of posting this passage is lost on you.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gadarene, I've never received a clear genuine answer from evangelical Trump supporters either without the Christianize being tossed in for grandstanding effect. I guess they must think it's impressive to throw in a scripture here and there and say they're praying. I've scarcely met one who actually practices what they preach, to be honest. And now that so many of them support Trump and are rallying behind him as if he was some saint, I just ignore their efforts of evangelism now.

• Winner
Reactions: Gadarene
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Gadarene, I've never received a clear genuine answer from evangelical Trump supporters either without the Christianize being tossed in for grandstanding effect. I guess they must think it's impressive to throw in a scripture here and there and say they're praying. I've scarcely met one who actually practices what they preach, to be honest. And now that so many of them support Trump and are rallying behind him as if he was some saint, I just ignore their efforts of evangelism now.

The Babylonian Captivity of American Evangelicalism is a fascinating thing to watch as an outside observer. Though as a fellow Christian I find it deeply tragic, unsettling, and depressing.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
I'd read that and so I figured that would be one way for the petulant baby to get what he wanted.

Can we just send the waxwork of Trump down Piccadilly or something and then act as if the state visit already happened so we don’t have to have the real one?

• Agree
Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Can we just send the waxwork of Trump down Piccadilly or something and then act as if the state visit already happened so we don’t have to have the real one?
From what I've read, he's not going anyway. Sadly, he will be traveling to France after I return. I may go along just to boo. There's no getting away from the orange one.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And what has what you posted here have to do with the subject of this thread, or my own posts that you quoted, Hank?
If burning effigies of our President is part of the subject of this thread I think it's relevant.
Isn't it rather silly to stay away from a whole country because some people there decide to show their disapproval by burning an effigy, especially when it has been going on for generations.
You said you would stay away from the UK, so I wondered if you would stay away from other places knowing that there were people there literally doing the same thing.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If burning effigies of our President is part of the subject of this thread I think it's relevant.
Isn't it rather silly to stay away from a whole country because some people there decide to show their disapproval by burning an effigy, especially when it has been going on for generations.
You said you would stay away from the UK, so I wondered if you would stay away from other places knowing that there were people there literally doing the same thing.

Apparently it's fun, as stated right here on this thread.

God help us.

Praying.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know your POTUS has been rude to our country too, right? You know plenty of his fans regularly criticise the UK, often in quite hostile ways, right? You know plenty of his fans on this message board have done the very same?

You very likely need to get things in perspective. First it is not just Trump supporters that are rude to your country. If you are on a thread fighting Trump supporters, of course it can look that way but it's not reality. Again Perspective.

His fans regular criticism and hostility towards your country are because you all are criticizing him, as happens here all the time..

I'd just bet, what you are putting out there has no validity at all, as far as what you are actually presenting, you either bring it on yourselves or choose to see things out of perspective.

No biggie, just thought it was interesting how people only see what they want to in any given situation....could happen to anyone, but this was such a perfect example...I couldn't resist. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
You very likely need to get things in perspective. First it is not just Trump supporters that are rude to your country. If you are on a thread fighting Trump supporters, of course it can look that way but it's not reality. Again Perspective.

His fans regular criticism and hostility towards your country are because you all are criticizing him, as happens here all the time..

I'd just bet, what you are putting out there has no validity at all, as far as what you are actually presenting, you either bring it on yourselves or choose to see things out of perspective.

No biggie, just thought it was interesting how people only see what they want to in any given situation....could happen to anyone, but this was such a perfect example...I couldn't resist. :)

It is irrelevant that others are also criticising the UK, the problem is the pearl clutching of trump fans when their nation is criticised the same way they and dear leader criticise others.

Nevermind eh, perhaps one of your attempts at being clever might actually end up being clever one day :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is irrelevant that others are also criticising the UK, the problem is the pearl clutching of trump fans when their nation is criticised the same way they and dear leader criticise others.

Irrelevant? I don't care what it's relevant to or not, you said it, and that's what I was commenting on.

Why cause needless static? For some reason I always think of UKr's as one of the most like us, in a good way, and it appeared you were a bit confused/needed a bit of help with yourself, so I helped. I didn't expect you to take it well.

Nevermind eh, perhaps one of your attempts at being clever might actually end up being clever one day :wave:

Ah yes, the inevitable pay back, and as they generally happen...unwarranted empty words.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Irrelevant? I don't care what it's relevant to or not, you said it, and that's what I was commenting on.

I was referring to your irrelevant point that it’s not just Trump supporters who are rude to your country. Try and keep up.

Why cause needless static?

I could ask Dear Leader and his fan club the same thing?

For some reason I always think of UKr's as one of the most like us, in a good way

Trump voters are not on my level, thank you very much. Work on yourselves, and you may get yourselves up to where I am.

and it appeared you were a bit confused/needed a bit of help with yourself, so I helped. I didn't expect you to take it well.

Because you’re not helping, you’re just being smug, and rather ineptly so given that you can’t seem to comment without bringing up the irrelevant?

Ah yes, the inevitable pay back, and as they generally happen...unwarranted empty words.

Perhaps I was wrong to think you were trying to be clever? Maybe being clever isn’t for you.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was referring to your irrelevant point that it’s not just Trump supporters who are rude to your country. Try and keep up.

I could ask Dear Leader and his fan club the same thing?

Trump voters are not on my level, thank you very much. Work on yourselves, and you may get yourselves up to where I am.

Because you’re not helping, you’re just being smug, and rather ineptly so given that you can’t seem to comment without bringing up the irrelevant?

Perhaps I was wrong to think you were trying to be clever? Maybe being clever isn’t for you.

:)

Some people are better at taking honest criticism than others....oh well

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,404.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Not so, amigo.....i have always loved other countries and have prayed for each one i can think of, but especially for our "allies", ou supposed "friends". I've been friends with lovely and endearing peoples here on CF from these countries. There has always been a mutual respect. The original owner is Australian. I have many friends and prayer partners now who live in the UK.
Having friends from there doesn't equate to "liking" the country though right?
You like countries cause they have some cool stuff going on; or you dislike countries (almost always) because their government is doing something you think is dumb. It is RARELY, and I mean RARE that the citizens of a country are the biggest problem in that country.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,404.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

It's just that their criticisms are so....stupid and baseless..

And I don't mean to speak to Gaderene but I would be VERY curious as to his take on this: The number of Americans I have seen provide a thought AND FACT filled critique of Canada is, essentially nil.

I don't mind people ragging on Canada when they're intelligent opinions (and ideally elloquently expressed). It's just you don't see that on here in CF very often. SOMETIMES someone will put some wallop about how terrible health care is but they can never maintain that talking point past the first interaction.

It seems you should never ever dump on trump for any reason? The most dumpable of world leaders to ever lead cannot (nor can his supporters) handle a critique of his actions,deeds or words.

Upvote 0