Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Now that’s no way to talk about your president!

LOL! I gotta admit that was a stellar quick and witty comeback.

(even if i was referring to the new US Embassy building that's been described as a giant sugar cube with a moat.)

In addition, the hostility and vitriol i have witnessed even today against our President, and consequently against us, Americans, i wouldn't go anywhere near it, or the UK, let alone want our President to.

It's been eye-opening.

God help us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
What surprises me is that the director Madame Tussauds would allow one of its's incredibly expensive exhibits outside the museum like this.
I can only suppose that they must think that they will not need it for much longer. Perhaps they will donate it next November 5th, for a bomb-fire night event.
It would certainly draw the crowds.

• Agree
Reactions: Hetta
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
What surprises me is that the director Madame Tussauds would allow one of its's incredibly expensive exhibits outside the museum like this.
I can only suppose that they must think that they will not need it for much longer. Perhaps they will donate it next November 5th, for a bomb-fire night event.
It would certainly draw the crowds.

It certainly did. 2 years ago.

Burning Trump in Effigy on Bonfire Night

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
In addition, the hostility and vitriol i have witnessed even today against our President, and consequently against us, Americans, i wouldn't go anywhere near it, or the UK, let alone want our President to.

You know your POTUS has been rude to our country too, right? You know plenty of his fans regularly criticise the UK, often in quite hostile ways, right? You know plenty of his fans on this message board have done the very same?

What a “great” nation that can’t even handle being criticised, even though it hands out plenty of criticism to other countries.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
LOL! I gotta admit that was a stellar quick and witty comeback.

(even if i was referring to the new US Embassy building that's been described as a giant sugar cube with a moat.)

It's been eye-opening.

God help us.
you gotta get over it brinny. CF frequently makes the US look and sound like the last place i would wanna visit too. I honestly don't know if I've read a trump supporter say anything nice about any other country on the planet since his election.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
you gotta get over it brinny. CF frequently makes the US look and sound like the last place i would wanna visit too. I honestly don't know if I've read a trump supporter say anything nice about any other country on the planet since his election.

GOD HELP US THO

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Madame Tussauds decamped its figure of Donald Trump after the President cancelled his trip to open the new US embassy in London.

Waxwork Donald Trump paraded outside new US embassy in London

Well, at least this statue of Trump is dressed and not naked while out on display. It was horrifying enough to see those statues being displayed all over the country a couple of years ago. And he's not being represented by a giant chicken this time either. I guess that's an improvement too. He certainly gives plenty of reasons for people in this country and in other countries to make fun of him.

Exposed! Naked Donald Trump Statues Pop Up in Cities Across U.S.

170809-trump-chicken-tease_vjbz9x.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Not so, amigo.....i have always loved other countries and have prayed for each one i can think of, but especially for our "allies", ou supposed "friends". I've been friends with lovely and endearing peoples here on CF from these countries. There has always been a mutual respect. The original owner is Australian. I have many friends and prayer partners now who live in the UK.

Burning effigies of our President and making sport of it is downright horrific and shocking and hateful.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Not so, amigo.....i have always loved other countries and have prayed for each one i can think of, but especially for our "allies", ou supposed "friends". I've been friends with lovely and endearing peoples here on CF from these countries. There has always been a mutual respect. The original owner is Australian. I have many friends and prayer partners now who live in the UK.

Burning effigies of our President and making sport of it is downright horrific and shocking and hateful.

Again, plenty of stuff like that in your country, so can the sanctimony.

We also burn effigies of our own leaders, as well as historical figures, and minor celebrities who generally act the idiot. (Sounds familiar)

This just in - Americans don’t apply same level of cynicism to their own governments as British do, news at eleven ^_^

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewes_Bonfire

This town burns tons of different effigies every year.

American hears about it for the first time and obviously it’s just terrible and must stop, god help us thoughts and prayers etc etc

Reactions: Catherineanne
Upvote 0