• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Water park opens despite governor's executive order

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jamie Chen, May 23, 2020 at 9:15 PM.

1. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Thousands flock to Houston-area water park as CEO defies Gov. Abbott’s orders and reopens for Memorial Day weekend
    How do you guys feel about this. Today Big Rivers water park opened despite the Governor's executive order. My sister and her girlfriend took me, my daughter, and a friend of theirs and we had a blast. They limited capacity so in a park designed to hold 12000 people only 2020 were admitted. The park was virtually empty so this was by far the best Waterpark experience I have ever had. My husband is unhappy that we decided to support a business which wasn't respecting authority. The way he put it is that all the business which followed the rules were made to be chumps. What do you all think?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. charsan

charsan Charismatic Episcopal Church

+1,915
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Good for them, I think it's great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    I'll say! This was one of the best experiences ever. The park was virtually empty so the lines moved super fast. My sister had always been a smarty so she paid 5 people to stand in line hours before opening for us to make sure we got in. We must have ridden ever waterside at least 3 to 4 times. And we went zip linin, and floated the wave pool and saw the petting zoo.

4. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Mod Queue Spam Troll Banner Extraordinaire! Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+2,909
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    If the park management wants to get a significant fine, and the people going want to risk coming down with COVID, that is up to them.

5. rambot

rambot Senior Member

+6,288
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Greens
    A hairdresser in Texas went back to work. She was positive and saw over 80 clients.

Good stuff

6. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    It is not good people got sick but at some point we must be allowed to choose for our selves how much risk we are willing to take and not have that decision made for us.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Atheist Capitalist Supporter

+6,983
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Down with the tyranny of fire codes, health codes and drunk driving laws!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  8. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,654
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    Those are actualy legislated tho. They are Law or Code. What we are talking about are individuals that have broken no law being cited/punished/reprimand without due process, concerning protected constitutional liberties over non existent offenses.

There is no offense for opening up your store. There is no crime to even commit.

9. Desk trauma

+6,983
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Right, because the emergency powers that these orders are based on are not from law that legislatures passed.

10. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God Supporter

+9,149
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    I think We are over reacting with all this shutting down everything so I say good for them.

11. LostMarbels

LostMarbels Follower of Jesus

+2,654
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    No it's not. And if you realy want to get mad, you should be focused on all the power the executive branch his enmassed itself due to this shut down. It is alarming, and I can't believe I am the only one addressing it.

12. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+8,332
    Atheist
    Private
    Wonder how a lawsuit against her and her company to reimburse medical expenses of her customers would work out?

13. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+9,724
    United States
    Married
    FREEDOM!!!!

14. Desk trauma

+6,983
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Easy there Mel.

15. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter

+9,724
    United States
    Married
    I’m pretty sure that was a verbatim quote of the great William Wallace as he was ordered killed by number 6.

16. Desk trauma

+6,983
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    The movie did get his name and nationally right, other than that, eh...

17. Yttrium

Yttrium Well-Known Member

+610
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    As long as the water park is handling the customer traffic in a responsible way, I have no problem with it.

18. Jamie Chen

Jamie Chen Member

+32
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    And did they ever! ! 2020 people in a Waterpark designed for 12000 = best water park experience EVER!