Water found on Mars after 55 year search?

CatsRule2020

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟68,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why Do We Care About Water on Mars? | NASA Space Place – NASA Science for Kids

Scientists have been scouring the universe for many years for even a drop of water. Now, after just a trickle of information concerning the possibility of water having once existed on Mars, they are we trying to create the impression that it not only used to exist on Mars, but that it still does.....in great abundance! They just have been overlooking it for 55 years.

Now here is the reason they have been running the propaganda pump at full throttle the last few years; To get around the World Ensemble argument. One might ask why would this be so important to them? The answer is that this would help them get around the Boltzman Brain problem. For many years scientists have determined that the possibility of another life sustaining planet existing in our universe is is so unlikely that it is more probable that we pop in and out of the equilibrium catching glimpses of this 'reality. Thus, the BB problem that follows the WE theory.
I think it best to meet any news about water being on Mars with healthy skepticism until real water pumps are going out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Dkh587

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,945.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Scientists have been scouring the universe for many years for even a drop of water. Now, after just a trickle of information concerning the possibility of water having once existed on Mars, they are we trying to create the impression that it not only used to exist on Mars, but that it still does.....in great abundance! They just have been overlooking it for 55 years.

Now here is the reason they have been running the propaganda pump at full throttle the last few years; To get around the World Ensemble argument. One might ask why would this be so important to them? The answer is that this would help them get around the Boltzman Brain problem. For many years scientists have determined that the possibility of another life sustaining planet existing in our universe is is so unlikely that it is more probable that we pop in and out of the equilibrium catching glimpses of this 'reality. Thus, the BB problem that follows the WE theory.
I think it best to meet any news about water being on Mars with healthy skepticism until real water pumps are going out there.
I've read somewhere that water does in fact exist on Mars, but there is very little of it.
I've also heard that the atmosphere on Mars is anything up to a 100 times thinner than it is on Earth.
So presuming that Mars is largely exposed to the vacuum of space, I find it hard to believe that any living creature would survive such conditions.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We have been confident that Mars has intermittent liquid water for some time now:
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-confirms-evidence-that-liquid-water-flows-on-today-s-mars
We have also known that it has water ice and vaper for much longer.

Tardigrades can survive in vacuum, so a similar creature could survive on Mars even easier.
What is the issue here?

Are there life forms on other planets?

According to the scripture, are alien life forms forbidden?

I do not understand the reason for the thread.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is the issue here?

I'm not the OP, so you would have to ask him. I don't have an issue with alien life and certainly don't think scripture forbids or precludes it.

Upvote 0

CatsRule2020

Site Supporter
Sep 16, 2020
Denver
✟68,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What is the issue here?

The reason for the thread is to show the secularists desperation to find water anywhere beyond earth. The reason for their desperation is an attempt to disprove the creation of the universe. Hence, an attempt to disprove a creator.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The reason for the thread is to show the secularists desperation to find water anywhere beyond earth. The reason for their desperation is an attempt to disprove the creation of the universe. Hence, an attempt to disprove a creator.
Does the Bible mention anything about whether God created life beyond earth?

Science cannot answer the big questions and science admits that.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Scientists have been scouring the universe for many years for even a drop of water.

It's a lot more common in the solar system than most people realize. Scientists have known about water in the solar system for many years.

Now, after just a trickle of information concerning the possibility of water having once existed on Mars,

That's been known for a long time. Braided channels on the Martian surface are also found on Earth in the Washington scablands. They are caused by huge flows of water, in the case of the scablands, by the collapse of an ice dam holding back a gigantic lake.

The reason for the thread is to show the secularists desperation to find water anywhere beyond earth.

You're a few decades late.
23 Places We've Found Water in Our Solar System
23 Places We've Found Water in Our Solar System

Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I applaud you for recognizing that propaganda is at work. But the abuse is connecting water, which is pretty common, with the possibility of life. Anyone who does that is just weaving flowers in their hair. Life only exists on earth. If we focus on appreciating that we'll be better off in the long run.

Upvote 0