Watching "Overcome". How do I receive redemption after 50 years of asking for forgiveness? I'm tired

Anguspure

Kaitiaki Peacemakers NZ
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2011
New Zealand
✟125,935.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Watching "Overcome". How do I receive redemption after 50 years of asking for forgiveness? I'm tired, ready to go home, but am afraid.

Obviously, I know not what I'm doing.
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Now what you have to do is trust Him.

"Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.” John 3

(The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole; anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” So Moses made a bronze snake and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived. Numbers 21)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God. John 3

Then they asked him, “What must we do to do the works God requires?”

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John 6

And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 1 John 3

Truly my soul finds rest in God;

my salvation comes from him.

Truly he is my rock and my salvation;

he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You must be born again, a second time in this life, spiritually, by the Spirit or you cannot see nor enter the kingdom of God.

John 3:5-7 That which is born of the flesh is flesh but that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I say to you, you must be BORN a second time, of the water & the spirit.

John 1:9-14 The true Light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world & though the world was made by Him, the world did not recognize Him. He came to His own people, but His own did not receive Him.

12Yet to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural (physical) descent, nor of fleshly decision (will) nor another human's decision, but born of God.

I Peter 1:21-25 Since you have purified your souls by obedience to the truth so that you have a GENUINE LOVE for your brothers, love one another DEEPLY, from a pure heart. For you have been BORN AGAIN, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living & enduring word of God.

24For, “All flesh is like grass & all its glory like the flowers of the field; the grass withers & the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.”And this is the word that was proclaimed to you.

John 4:10 Jesus answered, “If you knew the gift of God & who is asking you for a drink, you would have asked Him & He would have given you living water.”

Matthew 11:25-30 At that time Jesus declared, “I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven & earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise & learned & revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was well-pleasing in Your sight.

27All things have been entrusted to Me by My Father. No one knows the Son except the Father & no one knows the Father except the Son & those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.

28Come to Me, all you who are weary & burdened, & I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you & learn from Me; for I am gentle & humble in heart & you will find REST for your souls. For My yoke is easy & My burden is light.”

Upvote 0