BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
THE MOST IRONIC aspect of all this is that it is mainstream journalists — the very people who have become obsessed with the crusade against Fake News — who play the key role in enabling and fueling this dissemination of false stories. They do so not only by uncritically spreading them, but also by taking little or no steps to notify the public of their falsity.

I genuinely do not mean to single out these individual journalists for scorn. They are just illustrative of a very common dynamic: Any story that bolsters the prevailing D.C. orthodoxy on the Russia Threat, no matter how dubious, is spread far and wide. And then, as has happened so often, when the story turns out to be false or misleading, little or nothing is done to correct the deceitful effects. And, most amazingly of all, these are the same people constantly decrying the threat posed by Fake News.

WashPost Is Richly Rewarded for False News About Russia Threat While Public Is Deceived

• Informative
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
the+lord+is+testing+me.gif

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I had forgotten that WaPo is owned now by Jeff Bezos, who also is the founder and CEO of Amazon. If you don't know, Amazon's web services is now used by the CIA. Possible conflict of interest? At least maybe this should be pointed out whenever WaPo does a story involving the CIA.

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,540.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Wasn't this just a case of Washington Post getting information from officials and passing it on, but it ended up possibly being wrong?

Friday night, Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin (D) called on federal officials “to conduct a full and complete investigation of this incident and undertake remedies to ensure that this never happens again.”

“Vermonters and all Americans should be both alarmed and outraged that one of the world’s leading thugs, Vladimir Putin, has been attempting to hack our electric grid, which we rely upon to support our quality-of-life, economy, health, and safety,” Shumlin said in a statement. “This episode should highlight the urgent need for our federal government to vigorously pursue and put an end to this sort of Russian meddling.”

Russian operation hacked a Vermont utility, showing risk to U.S. electrical grid security, officials say

On top of the above, Glenn Greenwald is partial to Russia. When the Syrian genocide and ethnic cleansing began, I was eagerly looking for his articles that would eloquently expose Assad's regime as he had done in the past for the US or Israel. I was sorely disappointed when that didn't occur and, instead, he makes Assad and his Russian/Iranian allies seem much less dangerous than they are. He is very much more pro-Kremlin/Assad than he openly says. Him quoting his defense of US Muslims is not justification for it. Yes, he has published great articles about Muslims in the US and those impacted by US policies worldwide, but he betrays them by doing the opposite when it comes to those Muslims affected by the Kremlin and Assad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
2 Timothy 4:3-4:

Bible said:
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn aside to myths
Ringo

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why do some have such trouble comprehending the difference between shoddy reporting and fake news? :scratch:
In all fairness, it can sometimes be difficult to discern the two these days, as shoddy reporting has become a growing reality. I generally like the Washington Post, but even I have questioned things they've done of late, including how they actively delete comments on stories that don't violate rules, yet are still on point about the story (personal issue I had the other day). It's healthy to remain skeptical of ALL news organizations and publications.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,504.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
In all fairness, it can sometimes be difficult to discern the two these days, as shoddy reporting has become a growing reality. I generally like the Washington Post, but even I have questioned things they've done of late, including how they actively delete comments on stories that don't violate rules, yet are still on point about the story (personal issue I had the other day). It's healthy to remain skeptical of ALL news organizations and publications.
Things started to get bad with the 24 hour news cycle, but now with the explosion of social media news outlets are all rushing to get the story out first, which results in a lack of fact checking.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums