Washington ICE detention center attacker Willem Van Spronsen wrote 'I am Antifa'

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Washington ICE detention center attacker Willem Van Spronsen wrote 'I am Antifa' manifesto before assault

The 69-year-old armed man killed by Washington state police as he attacked a local Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention center Saturday sent a manifesto to friends the day before the assault in which he wrote "I am Antifa," and was being lionized by members of the leftwing group as a "martyr."

The group Seattle Antifascist Action described assailant Willem Van Spronsen a "good friend and comrade" who "took a stand against the fascist detention center in Tacoma" and "became a martyr who gave his life to the struggle against fascism."

"He was kind and deeply loved by many communities; we cannot let his death go unanswered," the group wrote in a Saturday Facebook post. "Throughout history we idolize figures like John Brown for their courage to take the ultimate stand against oppression, and today we stand strong in our support for yet another martyr in the struggle against fascism. May his death serve as a call to protest and direct action."

More at the link: Washington ICE detention center attacker Willem Van Spronsen wrote 'I am Antifa' manifesto before assault

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably because one guy doing something doesn't actually make an entire group a terrorist group? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought) :wave:
A fractured skull and assault and battery would garner at the very least violent extremist group ranking.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A fractured skull and assault and battery would garner at the very least violent extremist group ranking
...couldn't the same be said about some of President Trumps supporters? I mean you have people who support doing things like this: MAGA hat-wearing Trump supporter charged with assaulting a journalist covering the president's Orlando rally
Trump May Pay Legal Fees of Man Who Sucker-Punched Protester
or these:
17 cases invoking 'Trump' in connection with violence, threats, alleged assaults
or here:
Trump supporters filmed hurling sustained abuse at journalists following 'Make America Great Again' rally
Wouldn't the above be grounds for President Trump supporters garnering "violent extremist group" ranking? :scratch:
tulc(just wondering) :wave:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...couldn't the same be said about some of President Trumps supporters? I mean you have people who support doing things like this: MAGA hat-wearing Trump supporter charged with assaulting a journalist covering the president's Orlando rally
Trump May Pay Legal Fees of Man Who Sucker-Punched Protester
or these:
17 cases invoking 'Trump' in connection with violence, threats, alleged assaults
or here:
Trump supporters filmed hurling sustained abuse at journalists following 'Make America Great Again' rally
Wouldn't the above be grounds for President Trump supporters garnering "violent extremist group" ranking? :scratch:
tulc(just wondering) :wave:
I believe the difference tulc is all the laudatory comments which came from antifa groups for the man who did a Rambo on the ICE detention center. When the MAGA car guy went shooting, people did not send supporting comments.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip) When the MAGA car guy went shooting, people did not send supporting comments.
...the fact that I have to ask you "Which one are you talking about?" should be some indication that there's a problem. :sigh:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...the fact that I have to ask you "Which one are you talking about?" should be some indication that there's a problem. :sigh:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:
Sigh here too. That was the only incident that even reaches the terrorist Antifa attack this weekend. And no one praised the guy for what he did.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟230,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably because one guy doing something doesn't actually make an entire group a terrorist group? :scratch:
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

Does the group condone that sort of violence and behavior? I mean, if the group considers him a "comrade" and "martyr" (as described by the OP), then it would seem that his behavior does represent the group's values to some significant degree, otherwise they would have done something like disavowing the guy or at a minimum distancing themselves from his actions. It seems like a significant portion of the group condones his actions.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does the group condone that sort of violence and behavior? I mean, if the group considers him a "comrade" and "martyr" (as described by the OP), then it would seem that his behavior does represent the group's values to some significant degree, otherwise they would have done something like disavowing the guy or at a minimum distancing themselves from his actions. It seems like a significant portion of the group condones his actions.
Yes my observations as well.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Washington ICE detention center attacker Willem Van Spronsen wrote 'I am Antifa' manifesto before assault

The 69-year-old armed man killed by Washington state police as he attacked a local Immigration and Customs Enforcement detention center Saturday sent a manifesto to friends the day before the assault in which he wrote "I am Antifa," and was being lionized by members of the leftwing group as a "martyr."

The group Seattle Antifascist Action described assailant Willem Van Spronsen a "good friend and comrade" who "took a stand against the fascist detention center in Tacoma" and "became a martyr who gave his life to the struggle against fascism."

"He was kind and deeply loved by many communities; we cannot let his death go unanswered," the group wrote in a Saturday Facebook post. "Throughout history we idolize figures like John Brown for their courage to take the ultimate stand against oppression, and today we stand strong in our support for yet another martyr in the struggle against fascism. May his death serve as a call to protest and direct action."

More at the link: Washington ICE detention center attacker Willem Van Spronsen wrote 'I am Antifa' manifesto before assault
Is it not true, that John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry was aimed to arm those he liberated, for violent mass uprising ?

If so, then (of all the possible historical references available to choose from regarding these issues) the focused reference to John Brown may have serious & specific implications ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it not true, that John Brown's raid on Harper's Ferry was aimed to arm those he liberated, for violent mass uprising ?

If so, then (of all the possible historical references available to choose from regarding these issues) the focused reference to John Brown may have serious & specific implications ?
People like to cite John Brown for just about any cause.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People like to cite John Brown for just about any cause.
especially relating to race relations?

I'm sure everyone has encountered that book about presidential trivia and the dozens of striking parallels between Abraham Lincoln and JFK?

Civil War Emancipation Proclamation. Abraham Lincoln. John Wilkes Booth. Andrew Johnson.

Civil rights movement, Civil Rights Act. JFK. LHO LBJ

(Think there may have even been some connection and parallel to the tragic intertwined fates of Khrushchev, Korolyev, Komarov who would have put Gagarin on the moon in October '67 for the 50th anniversary of their revolution, not to diminish our anniversary landing in '69

at any rate. There have long been. Violent radicals seeking to Provocate instead of improve. Race relations in the United States. For a century and a half.

So allusions to John Brown and his violent radical scheme. Should not be surprising?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
especially relating to race relations?

I'm sure everyone has encountered that book about presidential trivia and the dozens of striking parallels between Abraham Lincoln and JFK?

Civil War Emancipation Proclamation. Abraham Lincoln. John Wilkes Booth. Andrew Johnson.

Civil rights movement, Civil Rights Act. JFK. LHO LBJ

(Think there may have even been some connection and parallel to the tragic intertwined fates of Khrushchev, Korolyev, Komarov who would have put Gagarin on the moon in October '67 for the 50th anniversary of their revolution, not to diminish our anniversary landing in '69

at any rate. There have long been. Violent radicals seeking to Provocate instead of improve. Race relations in the United States. For a century and a half.

So allusions to John Brown and his violent radical scheme. Should not be surprising?
I’m not seeing corollaries.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because there is no provision in American law to do so. Domestic groups can perform terrorist activities, but they can't be declared terror groups.
Partially correct. They can be put on FBI watch lists.

Maybe I confused what the SPLC was doing.

Upvote 0