Washington Examiner: Why I won't vote for Trump again in 2020

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Why I won't vote for Trump in 2020, even though I would have in 2016

The moral and political edge the U.S. has over its two closest competitors [China and Russia]is enormous. Once we acknowledge that a strong, sensibly liberal interventionist U.S. leads to a better world, we should question the protectionist, illiberal path Trump is forging amid a world seeming ever more attracted to authoritarian populists.

When the leader of the free world praises the bloodthirsty autocrat Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines on the extra-legal slaughter of drug dealers, happily sells tons of arms and ammunition to Saudi autocrats, congratulates Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin on winning their sham “elections,” or claims to be on the side of far-right politicians like Prime Minister Viktor Orban in Hungary, the seat of moral superiority in the U.S., until now so beautifully occupied, seems to be left vacant. The two realistic contenders to this position [China and Russia] are nightmarish in their intentions.

One good point of many.

Thoughts?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
"happily sells tons of arms and ammunition to Saudi autocrats, congratulates Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russian President Vladimir Putin on winning their sham “elections,” "

Just like every president before him.

The author of the article, however, seems to want to escalate international conflict. Not enough Americans killing, and not enough Americans dying to suit his taste. He's in the mold of the late John McCain, eager to use military force for anything and everything - except actually protecting our border.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Since I point it out with others, the thread title is misleading. This was not a staff editorial by the Washington Examiner, but an opinion piece by Examiner blogger Louis Sarkozy.

Fair enough.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump wont last long enough to run for a second term much less complete his first term.

:)-
Do you have some private information about Trump's health that we are unaware of ? I hope your post was not a death threat.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Do you have some private information about Trump's health that we are unaware of ? I hope your post was not a death threat.

Well, he's an obese 72 year old man with poor impulse control, severe anger management issues, and a poor sleep cycle (going by the timing of his tweets) who deals with the single most stressful job on Earth with a steady diet of Fox News and cheeseburgers -- none of which is particularly healthy.

I'd call it more of a prognosis than a threat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't see anybody out there even close to being able to run against Trump in 2020.

Unless Spartacus is available?
Hard to beat a famous man like that.
M-Bob
No, he’s a modern day Samson about to be felled by a conniving woman he lusts after.
stormy-daniels-trump-618x400.jpg

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, he’s a modern day Samson about to be felled by a conniving woman he lusts after.
stormy-daniels-trump-618x400.jpg

I see that shared so often these days. Guess that's all they got? Hope (we) were all good boys Way Way Back Then.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I see that shared so often these days. Guess that's all they got? Hope (we) were all good boys Way Way Back Then.
M-Bob
Two years ago is way, way back?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,427,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"In a Prager University video, historian and author Andrew Roberts highlights the past four greatest global threats to peace, democracy, and freedom: imperialist Bismarck Prussia in World War I, Nazi Germany in World War II, Soviet communism during the Cold War, and the enduring Islamic extremism of terrorist groups and states in the Middle East and Africa. In each of these cases, the U.S. was and is the prime opponent defending the world from their totalitarian ambitions. In each case (except the enduring issue of Islamo-Fascim), the U.S. and its allies prevailed, resulting in a freer and more prosperous world for all."

And today, the US has a leader that has no understanding of history, nor the role of the US in the post-WWII era.

Upvote 0