Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another point would be: did Jesus die for my body (even after I've left it and moved on to my new body) or did He die to redeem "me" which isn't actually my body? :scratch:
tulc(see the difference?) :wave:
Christ will resurrect our bodies.

Jesus rose from the dead in the same body which was crucified. Incorruptible of course and glorified. But the same body.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
" or even use it to plant vegetables or a tree." honestly, that's the part I found most delightful! I've always hated the idea of being made so toxic after I die that I'd need to be buried in a sealed container lest I "leak out" and contaminate the ground and water. :sigh: To me? this sounds like something bot I and my wife would love to do after we die. :wave:
tulc(can just imagine having a coffee tree planted in our remains!) :clap:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ will resurrect our bodies.

Jesus rose from the dead in the same body which was crucified. Incorruptible of course and glorified. But the same body.
how is this going to negate any of that? What's left of the bodies of the Apostles Peter, John Matthew or Paul but soil? :scratch:
tulc(is just wondering) :wave:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
" or even use it to plant vegetables or a tree." honestly, that's the part I found most delightful! I've always hated the idea of being made so toxic after I die that I'd need to be buried in a sealed container lest I "leak out" and contaminate the ground and water. :sigh: To me? this sounds like something bot I and my wife would love to do after we die. :wave:
tulc(can just imagine having a coffee tree planted in our remains!) :clap:
There’s no law that requires you to be buried with chemicals pumped in you. You can request a simple wooden coffin and decompose naturally. Families just like to pay their last respects without the body farting and festering. Even the Jews in the 1st century used spices to minimize the stench.

Abraham buried Sara in a cave. He did not rake her into the animal stalls.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how is this going to negate any of that? What's left of the bodies of the Apostles Peter, John Matthew or Paul but soil? :scratch:
tulc(is just wondering) :wave:
It’s the matter of respecting God’s creation.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There’s no law that requires you to be buried with chemicals pumped in you. You can request a simple wooden coffin and decompose naturally.
...you understand this is exactly the same thing, right? just sped up. And now? You can grow a tree and sit under it and remember your loved one in the shade.

Families just like to pay their last respects without the body farting and festering. Even the Jews in the 1st century used spices to minimize the stench.
Did you watch the link I posted? :scratch:

Abraham buried Sara in a cave. He did not rake her into the animal stalls.
And you don't think Sara decomposed while in the cave? :sorry:
tulc(she became some of the soil in the cave, that's how it works) :wave:

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you understand this is exactly the same thing, right? just sped up. And now? You can grow a tree and sit under it and remember your loved one in the shade
The Druids would be proud.
And you don't think Sara decomposed while in the cave? :sorry:
tulc(she became some of the soil in the cave, that's how it works) :wave:
She was not shoveled to grow crops.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Druids would be proud.
...I wasn't aware you were a druid? Otherwise I'm not sure how you'd know what a druid would or wouldn't be proud of? :scratch:

She was not shoveled to grow crops.
Actuality, her body did become soil after she died. We started out as dust and we eventually, after we die, become dust/dirt again. :wave:
tulc(seems like that's how it's supposed to be) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
For those who don't understand why this would be more pagan in its nature, it's because the motives. The pagans are earth-centric and do not know God, so they do not have a special relationship with him. They also believe in reincarnation, so for them this life is just one of many on a never ending eternal journey. So they try to preserve and bond with nature as that's all they know.

Christians believe in one life on earth, one God and we have a special relationship with him. Man is important in Gods eyes and our bodies don't even belong to us,they belong to God. So a proper resting place for our dead bodies should be arranged until Christs return.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
So a proper resting place for our dead bodies should be arranged until Christs return.
...what's more restful then being buried in a garden with things growing out of you? Seriously. I'm at a loss to understand the problem here.
Genesis 3:19 said:
19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.
tulc(is hoping this is available when he dies) :)

Upvote 0

Daniel C

Nov 22, 2018
England
✟23,768.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
...what's more restful then being buried in a garden with things growing out of you? Seriously. I'm at a loss to understand the problem here.

tulc(is hoping this is available when he dies) :)

Very well.Your opinion is noted sir. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orchardllc

Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2019
Kentucky
✟49,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
Hoping this isn't the wrong place to ask this follow up question; but it feels like the right time and in line with the flow here:

Is it acceptable for a Christian to be cremated? If my "body" is to be resurrected, this causes me confusion.

In keeping with the OP, if cremation is allowed, then I assume using my remains to fertilize a field would be just as good.

Thanks for responses. Please move post as needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0