Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone do journaling or scrapbooking? And if so, have you been using Washi tape? How long will it last on a journaling page? I just made my favorite page tonight and used that tape. Now I read that it’s biodegradable. Is my page going to be ruined in a few years? Or will it stay good as long as it’s taped to paper?

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It only lasts a little over a year in my experience. I stopped using it.
Darn it. This was my favorite page. I used to scrapbook but now I’m into spiritual journaling but jazz up the pages like scrapbooking

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Darn it. This was my favorite page. I used to scrapbook but now I’m into spiritual journaling but jazz up the pages like scrapbooking
Well Washi tape is not meant to be permanent. It’s easily removed. If you want to cheat like me, add some modge podge and put it back in position. It will make it last a good long time. :)

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Washi tape is not meant to be permanent. It’s easily removed. If you want to cheat like me, add some modge podge and put it back in position. It will make it last a good long time. :)
I’ve got some rose embellishments on the tape in a couple places. Could I paint the modge podge right onto the tape while it’s on my page? BTW, this page is the Scripture Proverbs 3:5

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’ve got some rose embellishments on the tape in a couple places. Could I paint the modge podge right onto the tape while it’s on my page? BTW, this page is the Scripture Proverbs 3:5
The only thing I would worry about is the sheen if you do it over the surface. If you can, try to remove the tape and embellishments and redo it. I’d have to see it to be certain though. But I really do think the safest option is a redo with more permanent results if you can swing it.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only thing I would worry about is the sheen if you do it over the surface. If you can, try to remove the tape and embellishments and redo it. I’d have to see it to be certain though. But I really do think the safest option is a redo with more permanent results if you can swing it.
How do you apply modge podge to the tape when it’s off the paper?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do you apply modge podge to the tape when it’s off the paper?
By using it like glue to the back of the tape and embellishments. Let me know how it turns out. If I use the tape, this is what I do anymore because as cute as the tape is, it’s not permanent. :) I hope you can get it all fixed!

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By using it like glue to the back of the tape and embellishments. Let me know how it turns out. If I use the tape, this is what I do anymore because as cute as the tape is, it’s not permanent. :) I hope you can get it all fixed!
I think I’m just going to leave it as is since I got the tape off. I know some people still use it for their layouts but I want something permanent.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums