Was Yeshua lying about what the Holy Spirit would do?

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
NOTE: Please read the whole OP and not just answer to the title. If you can't do that then please refrain from taking part, thank you.

From the gospel of John, the one trusted with the Revelation of Yeshua we read that
After dinner the night before the crucifixion this is part of the conversation Yeshua had with the chosen 12.

Chapter 14

14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
---------------------
From this I get that Yeshua is a Comforter and when he left he would ask the Father to send them another comforter to be with them forever.
This I believe was his Spirit, the Spirit of Truth which is the spirit of Yeshua but not his bodily form which resides in heaven.
----------------------

Chapter 15

15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
------------
From this I get that the comforter being sent is directly from the Father, that Spirit of Truth, and he will testify of Yeshua, the Spirit of Truth will , not Yeshua in any form. This would be a second witness to Yeshua as these men have been with him all the time.
They were given the commission to be witnesses of him because they had been with him since the beginning.
------------------------

Chapter 16

16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
-------------
These things would be taught by the Comforter later on.
-------------
Chapter 16 cont.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
----------------------------------
Yeshua is emphatic here that when the Comforter comes who is the 'Spirit of Truth' will guide Them into ALL truth, nothing shall be hid from them then. Everything that the Father has given him the Comforter shall take it and share it with them, including prophecy of things to come.

Three times Yeshua speaks of this Comforter which is very telling anytime something is repeated 3x the LORD is saying 'PAY ATTENTION!' SHEMA!

Last edited:

Saint JOHN

May 5, 2017
Adelaide
✟20,848.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
When I recieved the Holy Spirit,(with the bible evidence of speaking in tongues) I was healed from migrane headaches (suffered all my life),smoking ,drinking (alcohol),drugs, stopped ( I didnt give them up it was two weeks later that I realised I had not touched these nor had any desire for them. ) and many more throughout my life. Also many more people testify of Gods miraculous power as :

Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Mt 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.

Ac 1:4 And, being assembled together with [them], commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, [saith he], ye have heard of me.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

(aprox. 120 people including Mary the (biological) mother of Jesus Christ)

just to clarify a misconception..

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an [unknown] tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth [him]; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

....Men [and] brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, [even] as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.

Ro 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
From the gospel of John, the one trusted with the Revelation of Yeshua we read that
After dinner the night before the crucifixion this is part of the conversation Yeshua had with the chosen 12.

Chapter 14

14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
---------------------
From this I get that Yeshua is a Comforter and when he left he would ask the Father to send them another comforter to be with them forever.
This I believe was his Spirit, the Spirit of Truth which is the spirit of Yeshua but not his bodily form which resides in heaven.
----------------------

Chapter 15

15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
------------
From this I get that the comforter being sent is directly from the Father, that Spirit of Truth, and he will testify of Yeshua, the Spirit of Truth will , not Yeshua in any form. This would be a second witness to Yeshua as these men have been with him all the time.
They were given the commission to be witnesses of him because they had been with him since the beginning.
------------------------

Chapter 16

16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
-------------
-------------
Chapter 16 cont.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth:
for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
Yeshua is emphatic hear that when the Comforter comes who is the 'Spirit of Truth' will guide Them into ALL truth, nothing shall be hid from them then. Everything that the Father has given him the Comforter shall take it and share it with them, including prophecy of things to come.

Three times Yeshua speaks of this Comforter which is very telling anytime something is repeated 3x the LORD is saying 'PAY ATTENTION!' SHEMA!

From the same passage, (John 16), what do you think the following statement means?

John 16:25 KJV
25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Here is my take: no matter who is speaking, testimony is spirit, and therefore we are admonished to "test the spirits" to see whether or not they be of Elohim, (1 John 4:1). We know also, from John 6:63, that the Testimony of the Meshiah is Spirit and Life, (for he says "the words that I speak unto you are Spirit, and they are Life", and of course his words are the Testimony given to him from the heavens, John 3:27-36).

There is therefore a difference made between "the Holy Spirit" and the new Spirit of the new-renewed Covenant, and this new Spirit is from the Most High, and is prophesied in Ezekiel 11:19-20, Ezekiel 18:31, and Ezekiel 36:25-27. The new Spirit of the new-renewed Covenant is the Testimony of the Meshiah in the Gospel accounts which is Spirit, even the Spirit of Grace, (Zechariah 12:10, Hebrews 10:29).

We have a most critical clue that speaks to this but most translators insert their own mind into the text and subvert what it says. The following statement contains no word in the text for to give, or given, but they add it because it otherwise makes no sense to the indoctrinated mind. Do not add to it and you may see that it plainly speaks of the things above herein.

John 7:39 T/R
39 ( τουτο δε ειπε περι του πνευματος ου εμελλον λαμβανειν οι πιστευοντες εις αυτον ουπω γαρ ην πνευμα αγιον οτι ο ιησους ουδεπω εδοξασθη )

John 7:39 BYZ
39 τουτο δε ειπεν περι του πνευματος ου εμελλον λαμβανειν οι πιστευοντες εις αυτον ουπω γαρ ην πνευμα αγιον οτι ιησους ουδεπω εδοξασθη

John 7:39 N/A-W/H
39 τουτο δε ειπεν περι του πνευματος ου εμελλον λαμβανειν οι πιστευσαντες εις αυτον ουπω γαρ ην πνευμα οτι ιησους ουπω εδοξασθη

Yohanne 7:39
39 But this he said concerning the Spirit, which those having put their trust in him were about to receive: for the Spirit was not yet, because Ι̅Η was not yet glorified (or magnified, i.e. "lifted up").

There is no form of the word for given (G1325 διδωμι), in any of the most ancient Greek texts for this statement: it is added by the translators, (and usually placed in italics), because, as I said above, otherwise they apparently cannot make sense of it. The only biblically acceptable explanation is what I have presented herein, that it speaks of his Testimony because his Testimony is Spirit, the new Spirit of the new-renewed Covenant. And if this be true then the Spirit, (in this sense of the word), was indeed "not yet", just as it says, because his Testimony was not yet complete.

When was his Testimony complete? It is complete when he says in the same Gospel account, "It is finished", (John 19:10), wherein we also read, "και κλινας την κεφαλην παρεδωκεν το πνευμα", "and he bowed the head, and entrusted (commended, committed, transmitted, yielded up) the Spirit", (unto the Father, Luke 23:46).

So then, what do these things have to do with your OP? The Testimony does not expound every minute detail but indeed expounds everything we need to understand the whole of scripture. These things come slowly with prayer, patience, and lifelong faithful endurance: but the core principles are freely given to us in the Gospel accounts. The Spirit of the holy Testimony leads us into all truth because the Testimony is the foundation stone. Perhaps this is one of the reasons for the following otherwise curious statement.

Mark 4:13
13 And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?

Lulav
Lulav
Yes , I believe he did show them later on, after the accession, they knew of the Father like no one else.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
NOTE: Please read the whole OP and not just answer to the title. If you can't do that then please refrain from taking part, thank you.

Chapter 14

---------------------
----------------------

Chapter 15

------------
------------------------

Chapter 16

-------------
-------------
Chapter 16 cont.

Yeshua is emphatic here that when the Comforter comes who is the 'Spirit of Truth' will guide Them into ALL truth, nothing shall be hid from them then. Everything that the Father has given him the Comforter shall take it and share it with them, including prophecy of things to come.

Of Course Yeshua wasn't lying, He is speaking of the Spirit of Truth here.

The Takeaway:

• The 'Spirit' the other Comforter is the Spirit of God the Father and the Son.
  • This Spirit will guide them into all truth.
  • This Spirit will show them prophecy, things to come.
  • They are already acquainted with this Spirit as he says "for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you" he dwelled with them at that time and even after his Spirit would be in them.
  • This Spirit is a Witness that testifies of Yeshua
  • This Spirit would not be able to be 'seen' by the world - "the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive,"
  • Those there with him (minus Judas) would be the ones to 'Bare Witness' To Yeshua because they had been with him since the beginning.
  • Yeshua had much more to reveal to them but they were already overburdened with all that was going on so he told them that they would learn of it through the coming of the Comforter he would send to them who would show them that had been with him since the beginning.
  • This is how they knew to replace Judas who at the time was there with them. He did not receive this Comforter.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not so much that God lied. It is that His people do not spend time with God, and allow the comforter access. One who spends more time with God, will have more revelation, one who rarely prays will not know God well nor His strength.

Mark 14:38 Watch and pray, lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."

Upvote 0

Laureate

whatisthebaytreeknown4? What's debate reknown for?
Jan 18, 2012
The big island of hawaii 19.5 in the ring of fire
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Chapter 14

---------------------
----------------------

Chapter 15

------------
------------------------

Chapter 16

-------------
-------------
Chapter 16 cont.

In the First Advent there were Two Comforters that were Sent, John aka the Spirit of Truth and Yeshuah, the Word of Alohym, they are the Two True and Faithful Witnesses, the same are to be expected to come in the Second Advent, as touched upon in Rev. 11

John declared that he was the Voice מדבר In the Wilderness [מדבר In the Word] which the prophet Yeshayahu spoke of, and referred to as a Comforter.

In Yeshayahu 51 the same Comforter is identified as being the Righteousness of Yahuah and as an incarnation of the Earth, Father Abvraham, who is further identified as the Arm of Yahuah, Yerushalem, and the Voice of Zion.

Whereas Yeshua pertains to the Salvation of Yah, and as an incarnation of Heaven (the pit from which we were excavated from), and Sarah (lit,, the Dominion), he is also referred to as the Hand of Alohym, Zion and the Son (speaking from) within the Bosom of the Father declaring (the identity of) Alohym.

For only the Son can identify who the Father is and only the Father can identify who the Son is, without their testimonies it is entirely a guessing game as to who is who.

The reduplications ‘Comfort ye Comfort ye, and Awake Awake’ indicates two Visitations and two Resurrections, namely the First and Second Advents (Visitations).

Yeshua (aka the Son of Adam) made (a real time) reference to the Son of Adam who is in Heaven, while he was yet standing on Earth, for Earth itself is located smack in the center of Heaven (the Earth’s Atmosphere), likewise he made reference to the Father who is in Heaven, yet was he referring to the the Greatest person Risen and Born of a Woman, the only difference between one being in Heaven and one being on Earth is the Perspective of a Carnal mind and that of a Spiritual mind.

This perspective is also presented in Deuteronomy 4 where Yah instructs us to Go from One side of Heaven (Not Earth) unto the other side (Antipode) of Heaven, unless of course one erroneously interprets space traveling from one end of the Vacuum of Darkness unto the other side of the Vacuum of Darkness.

When Yeshua said, I am from Heaven (above) and you are from Earth (beneath), he was not trying to indicate two different Creators, he was juxtaposing where one is coming from with the perspective of their speech, as when he asked the elders about the Baptism of John, Was it from Heaven or of (earthly) Men, while some saw it as being from on high, others saw it as being from a Man.

In John 5 Yeshua said that, (those in his audience) have never seen nor heard the Father only because they did not Believe the Testimony of the One who was Sent, indicating that those who Do Believe the testimony of one who is Sent, Has Seen and Heard the Father.

To not call any Man Father on Earth, is an instruction that no believer will likely ignore, at least not until they realize we (according to scripture) are actually located in Heaven and that (while even in the flesh) the Father is No Man.

The birds fly in Heaven, not in a Vacuum of Darkness….while standing upon the top of the Mountain in his Glory, Yah said, you have seen me speak to you from Heaven..,for the Mountains loom upward into Heaven (the Earth’s Atmosphere).

Now carefully consider what I have put forth, and if it cannot be gainsaid, then intercalate this with what you have put forth, otherwise let us discuss the verity of my report.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
In the First Advent there were Two Comforters that were Sent, John aka the Spirit of Truth and Yeshuah, the Word of Alohym, they are the Two True and Faithful Witnesses, the same are to be expected to come in the Second Advent, as touched upon in Rev. 11

John declared that he was the Voice מדבר In the Wilderness [מדבר In the Word] which the prophet Yeshayahu spoke of, and referred to as a Comforter.

In Yeshayahu 51 the same Comforter is identified as being the Righteousness of Yahuah and as an incarnation of the Earth, Father Abvraham, who is further identified as the Arm of Yahuah, Yerushalem, and the Voice of Zion.

Whereas Yeshua pertains to the Salvation of Yah, and as an incarnation of Heaven (the pit from which we were excavated from), and Sarah (lit,, the Dominion), he is also referred to as the Hand of Alohym, Zion and the Son (speaking from) within the Bosom of the Father declaring (the identity of) Alohym.

For only the Son can identify who the Father is and only the Father can identify who the Son is, without their testimonies it is entirely a guessing game as to who is who.

The reduplications ‘Comfort ye Comfort ye, and Awake Awake’ indicates two Visitations and two Resurrections, namely the First and Second Advents (Visitations).

Yeshua (aka the Son of Adam) made (a real time) reference to the Son of Adam who is in Heaven, while he was yet standing on Earth, for Earth itself is located smack in the center of Heaven (the Earth’s Atmosphere), likewise he made reference to the Father who is in Heaven, yet was he referring to the the Greatest person Risen and Born of a Woman, the only difference between one being in Heaven and one being on Earth is the Perspective of a Carnal mind and that of a Spiritual mind.

This perspective is also presented in Deuteronomy 4 where Yah instructs us to Go from One side of Heaven (Not Earth) unto the other side (Antipode) of Heaven, unless of course one erroneously interprets space traveling from one end of the Vacuum of Darkness unto the other side of the Vacuum of Darkness.

When Yeshua said, I am from Heaven (above) and you are from Earth (beneath), he was not trying to indicate two different Creators, he was juxtaposing where one is coming from with the perspective of their speech, as when he asked the elders about the Baptism of John, Was it from Heaven or of (earthly) Men, while some saw it as being from on high, others saw it as being from a Man.

In John 5 Yeshua said that, (those in his audience) have never seen nor heard the Father only because they did not Believe the Testimony of the One who was Sent, indicating that those who Do Believe the testimony of one who is Sent, Has Seen and Heard the Father.

To not call any Man Father on Earth, is an instruction that no believer will likely ignore, at least not until they realize we (according to scripture) are actually located in Heaven and that (while even in the flesh) the Father is No Man.

The birds fly in Heaven, not in a Vacuum of Darkness….while standing upon the top of the Mountain in his Glory, Yah said, you have seen me speak to you from Heaven..,for the Mountains loom upward into Heaven (the Earth’s Atmosphere).

Now carefully consider what I have put forth, and if it cannot be gainsaid, then intercalate this with what you have put forth, otherwise let us discuss the verity of my report.
Immanuel עמנואל literally means אל is (both) עם ‘Within’ and עם ‘Amongst’ נו Us, as was demonstrated (or rather revealed) in the First Advent, for both the Father and Son are always Amongst us, however it would be quite difficult for them to know what it is like to be One of Us, if everyone knew who they actually are, nor could they extract the natural unimpeded response which they receive from us, when they enter the room, or ask a question.

No body sits up straight puts their cigarette out or stops whatsoever it is they are doing, only because nobody but they themselves know who they actually are, well, that is once they have been awoken, wherefore they also know exactly what it is like to be one of us who are yet asleep, not even knowing who they truly are.

More importantly, No One can ever tell them (in truth), that they do not know what it is like to be a man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Where the passage reads….he shall not Speak of himself…., it should be read….he shall not Speak on his own (accord)….just as we understand the passage wherein (contextually identical) the same is read concerning Yeshua in John 12:49….For I have not Spoken of myself, but the Father which Sent me commissioned me what I should say and what I should speak.

For if that which is, was and is to come does not speak of (about) himself, then he would literally have nothing to say, let alone speak of things to come.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
John 14:16-18 is inundated with the name עמנואל Alohym (dwells) Within and Amongst us, yet it reads, …,another Comforter, that He (the Spirit of Truth) may abide With (Among) you forever…. For the Father desires to be Acknowledged in both Spirit and Truth, and it is the Father speaking through the Son which expressed….I will not leave you Comfortless, I (the Person Speaking) will Come to you…., and this is specified in verse 24

The World cannot Receive the Spirit of Truth because (being blind) it cannot See (how the Spirit is able to manifest itself in the flesh), nor דע ‘Know, Recognize, Realize, Ascertain and Declare the identity’ of the Father which Dwelt Within (Yeshua) and Among them.

Yeshayahu 26:11 reads, When your Hand is Lifted up, they (which have eyes) shall not See, but they shall See, and be ashamed…., meaning even when they do See him they will not recognize him.

And this is also the beginning of Wisdom, for the Fear of Yahuah is that when the Enemy Lifts up their Arm (and Hand) that they would imagine Yahuah had nothing to do with it.

For if they believe the truth of the matter his Arm and Hand shall redeem them, but if they do not believe the truth of the matter they shall die in their sins.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There is a difference between….he shall Come to us…, and him pouring out his Spirit.

Because he is always present, him coming unto us refers to him Coming out of the Closet and appearing unto us, and the pouring out of his Spirit is in loo of the Spirit of Deep Sleep, which manifests also as the Wine of his Wrath.

Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Zechariah 12:10 reads, And I will pour out upon the House (Temple) of David the Spirit of Grace [Yowhan], and Supplications….

As in Petitions, Prayer, פלא Pelé, as in House of Prayer, the Temple of Alohym personified in Yeshua, the דד ‘Beloved’ Son whom Yahuah promised to make his Firstborn.

This passage also alludes to Rueben [lit., ‘Behold a Son’ (Firstborn even)], as being the Roman which Pierced him.

Wherefore the Romans hated and persecuted the Jews for putting them in that situation, and likewise they hated and persecuted the Christians [primarily comprising Aphrîyem/the Lost Sheep of the House of Ishrael], because they would not stop broadcasting unto the world what they did to Yeshua.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Laureate

Jan 18, 2012
✟58,771.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
“Chapter 15

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with mefrom the beginning.
------------
From this I get that the comforter being sent is directly from the Father, that Spirit of Truth, and he will testify of Yeshua, the Spirit of Truth will , not Yeshua in any form.”

Though the Spirit of Truth proceeds from the Father, he does not come in his own Name, neither does he Send himself, it is the Son which Sends him, and the Son which Speaks through him, just as it was in the First Advent, for ציון (phonetically) Tchyawn (John) came in the Name of ציון the Kingdom of David, he did not come in the Name of יוחן Yowhan the Grace of Yah, that name came to us as a revelation to his true identity.

Inversely the same is true for the Son, which did not come in his own Name, he came in the Name of יהוה Yahuah, and though one may insert a ש (Sh) in (the middle of) the Name יהוה (YHWH) and get YHShWH, it is not necessary to achieve the same enunciation, for an ה (H) Aspirated י (Y) = ש (Sh), wherefore the Pidgin tongue of a poor man could easily enunciate YShWH via epenthesis (a natural fusion) in their attempt to enunciate יהוה.

In like fashion, the Name יהוה can also enunciate יוסף (Yowseph), for an ה Aspirated ו (V) = פ/ף, thus יה may render Yos and וה may render ף (F), this would indicate that the Son of Alohym was the Son of Yowseph i.e., Aphrîyem the Birthright of Ishrael whom Alohym declared to be his Firstborn, and this would also explain in part why he only came for the Lost Sheep of Aphrîyem ‘the House of Ishrael’ in the First Advent, and not Yahudah ‘the children of Ishrael’. [see Ezekiel 37 for this distinction].

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0