Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Listen up, you there is a great message here.

In the bible we see the Lord Yeshua/Jesus Christ roaming the Jerusalem streets, an going about city to city proclaiming the good news to others.

Was this a political agenda?

A fight against the powers to make a religious stand point where all should adhere to by his desires to make in the political field against the governments that once were?

Lets take a look at a scripture.

• So the Pharisees and Herodians ask Jesus, if they should pay taxes, to see what he would say and catch him in what would seem to bring an uprising against the powers that were then and there at the time whom was Caesar.

• Mark 12:17 16 So they brought it, and He asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?” “Caesar’s,” they answered. 17 Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s. And they marveled at Him.
Jesus knew what they wanted to hear, was the words of an uprising revolt that was going to be made by him and his disciples which happens to not be the case at all. Yeshua explains the truth to them, and says. Hey pay your taxes, because you are human and live here on this earth and the rules be by the government you live in should be upheld and respected.

He also says, Hey pay your reverence to God because you are human, and you also were created and you did not get here by your own creational stand point. God is not part of this world, but he still exist.

• They marveled at him.
Let see what else scripture has to say.

• John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”
Jesus Christ is being questioned about what has done by Pilate and explains to him, that he is not starting any type of revolt here on earth because he has nothing to with it, he has no bias to set up any type of kingdom and revolt against the already placed governments that were in place.

• Why? Because his kingdom is not of this world, his kingdom is a spiritual kingdom that is from above, and no dust, dirt, or grim can overthrow it like the world gives us.
What does scripture says by Paul we should do for those in charge of the government system?

• 1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone— 2 for kings and all those in authority— so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior
That prayer be made for all people even those in authority in this world. Remember what Yeshua said to the Pharisees render what is to Ceaser, to Him, and render to God what is to God?

Well let me tell you, that Yeshua/Jesus was not a radical politician by no means, and dont let anyone sway you one way or another.

The world is the world it does what it does.

God is God, and we see what we should do by his word when it comes to having faith in a living, good God.

What say you and your heart on the matter?

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

In the bible we see the Lord Yeshua/Jesus Christ roaming the Jerusalem streets, an going about city to city proclaiming the good news to others.

A fight against the powers to make a religious stand point where all should adhere to by his desires to make in the political field against the governments that once were?

• So the Pharisees and Herodians ask Jesus, if they should pay taxes, to see what he would say and catch him in what would seem to bring an uprising against the powers that were then and there at the time whom was Caesar.

• Mark 12:17 16 So they brought it, and He asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?” “Caesar’s,” they answered. 17 Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s. And they marveled at Him.
Jesus knew what they wanted to hear, was the words of an uprising revolt that was going to be made by him and his disciples which happens to not be the case at all. Yeshua explains the truth to them, and says. Hey pay your taxes, because you are human and live here on this earth and the rules be by the government you live in should be upheld and respected.

He also says, Hey pay your reverence to God because you are human, and you also were created and you did not get here by your own creational stand point. God is not part of this world, but he still exist.

• They marveled at him.

• John 18:36 Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”
Jesus Christ is being questioned about what has done by Pilate and explains to him, that he is not starting any type of revolt here on earth because he has nothing to with it, he has no bias to set up any type of kingdom and revolt against the already placed governments that were in place.

• Why? Because his kingdom is not of this world, his kingdom is a spiritual kingdom that is from above, and no dust, dirt, or grim can overthrow it like the world gives us.
What does scripture says by Paul we should do for those in charge of the government system?

• 1 Timothy 2:1 First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered for everyone— 2 for kings and all those in authority— so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior
That prayer be made for all people even those in authority in this world. Remember what Yeshua said to the Pharisees render what is to Ceaser, to Him, and render to God what is to God?

Well let me tell you, that Yeshua/Jesus was not a radical politician by no means, and dont let anyone sway you one way or another.

God is God, and we see what we should do by his word when it comes to having faith in a living, good God.

I think a lot of people are under the impression that politics are the platform from which we put our faith into action. Deep down, I disagree with that notion.

Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟174,115.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've seen quite a few threads here already where people try to give Jesus some kind of "political agenda" and I don't understand how a Christian who knows God can even do that.
God became a human being in Jesus for our salvation, to free us from the evil powers (which are spiritual powers). The things that are important to God are of eternal value and regard our eternal life/death.

Salvation has nothing to do with worldly politics.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

• They marveled at him.

Jesus was campaigning "the kingdom of God is at hand"

It was pretty radical.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

• They marveled at him.

Jesus absolutely had a political agenda as Israel was a Theocracy, so it was both religious and political,
the apostles had same agenda after the ascension. This changed as Paul`s teachings became part of the gospel. The gospel transforms from a political agenda for Israel to an individualized plan for the entire world, hence the discrepancies between some things Jesus said and grace doctrine of Paul.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

• They marveled at him.

Radical is trying to bring about much change, good or bad.

Jesus was law abiding in paying his taxes. He saw Matthew the tax collector sitting in his tax collection booth and asked Matthew to follow him - Matthew 9:9-13. Jesus went to eat at Matthew’s house. Some of his opponents spread the rumor Jesus was associating himself with tax collectors and sinners. They did not want to pay taxes. People were looking for a Messiah to liberate them from Rome. They did not expect a prophet who could work miracles telling them to be good servants.

• Useful
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Radical is trying to bring about much change, good or bad.

Jesus was law abiding in paying his taxes. He saw Matthew the tax collector sitting in his tax collection booth and asked Matthew to follow him - Matthew 9:9-13. Jesus went to eat at Matthew’s house. Some of his opponents spread the rumor Jesus was associating himself with tax collectors and sinners. They did not want to pay taxes. People were looking for a Messiah to liberate them from Rome. They did not expect a prophet who could work miracles telling them to be good servants.

Jesus told His followers to eat his flesh and drink His blood. Sounds radical to me :sorry:

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As the saying goes this world is not our home we are just passing through !

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Hebrews 13:14
For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

James 4:4
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Philippians 3:20
But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

John 18:36
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

1 Peter 2:11-12
Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.

Hebrews 11:16
But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

Revelation 21:1-27
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

hope this helps !!!

• Useful
Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
As the saying goes this world is not our home we are just passing through !

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Hebrews 13:14
For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

James 4:4
You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Philippians 3:20
But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

John 18:36
Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”

1 John 2:15-17
Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

1 Peter 2:11-12
Beloved, I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions of the flesh, which wage war against your soul. Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.

Hebrews 11:16
But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared for them a city.

Revelation 21:1-27
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

hope this helps !!!

Yeah, I don`t see why Christians support immoral politicians. Mind you, I don`t condemn for it either.
My wish would be for the formation of a Christian party. I don`t believe that is in the plan for
America though. I believe the time is coming when Christians must choose between the culture of heaven and the culture of this world.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I don`t see why Christians support immoral politicians. Mind you, I don`t condemn for it either.
My wish would be for the formation of a Christian party. I don`t believe that is in the plan for
America though. I believe the time is coming when Christians must choose between the culture of heaven and the culture of this world.
I believe we have arrived there now. Its just going to get worse. Our county will now be going into purple meaning outside worship only with restrictions. No one is going to do that with temps in the upper 20's to low 30's. Church has drastically changed this year with covid and its not getting any better. We should see a big movement with home churches for families. The only other option is online which is not really fellowship.

• Agree
Reactions: RickReads
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I believe we have arrived there now. Its just going to get worse. Our county will now be going into purple meaning outside worship only with restrictions. No one is going to do that with temps in the upper 20's to low 30's. Church has drastically changed this year with covid and its not getting any better. We should see a big movement with home churches for families. The only other option is online which is not really fellowship.

I left you a link to my home church website a few days ago, Sunday fishing day. I dunno if you saw it. Lots of audio sermons that are diff. from the average. LOL!

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I left you a link to my home church website a few days ago, Sunday fishing day. I dunno if you saw it. Lots of audio sermons that are diff. from the average. LOL!
I missed the link but if you send it again I will check it out. BTW we caught lots of fish, striped bass, halibut and white sea bass from 10-20 lbs :)

Just ate the last of it this weekend I made the best fish n chips yum yum.

Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I missed the link but if you send it again I will check it out. BTW we caught lots of fish, striped bass, halibut and white sea bass from 10-20 lbs :)

Just ate the last of it this weekend I made the best fish n chips yum yum.

I`ll send to your inbox, not sure it is wise to post public. I`m glad they weren`t big enough to swallow you, you fishing on Sunday and all :liturgy:

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was discribed as the friend of tax collectors and sinners, he was often in the company of the ordinary people and while the elite made moves to include him in there society he was never identified with the rich or the movers and shakers.

Jesus came to save sinners, but he also cared for them, his healing was not just a publicity campaign.

We too need to care for the ordinary people who like those in Jesus's day were without a Shepard.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ wasn't political at all and certainly cannot be correctly called a 'politician' in any sense of the word. In fact, he made that clear by insisting, contrary to those people who thought he might be a political rebel or reformer, that His government was not of this world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus told His followers to eat his flesh and drink His blood. Sounds radical to me :sorry:
Jesus may have been referring to something spiritual. If Jesus compared God’s guidance to food, he may have referred to his body as something spiritual.

John 4:34 Jesus said to them, “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus did not fight any worldly system. They are already defeated by Him and He knew it. He exercised righteous indignation against evil and corruption but that was not a fight, but rather a teaching.

In Ephesians 6:10-18 regardless of the ruler, power, or.... we wrestle against or struggle with we are to employ things like Truth, Righteousness, the gospel of Peace, the Word of God, we are to be Saved (Helmet), we are to be faithful, like to trust that God has it All under control (He has used asses and heathen to work His will in the past and surely will/is doing it again), and we are to pray. Additionally, because we are saved we have the Spirit and we are to constantly endeavor to submit to It and bear the characteristics of love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness, goodness, and self-control, I think I got them all.

Considering all of that, I can only think of two Presidents and VP's in my memory (60 yrs or so) who fit that, maybe: Jimmy Carter and Mike Pence.

I HAVE to go!!!!! I will get back later.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Upvote 0

RickReads

Sep 27, 2020
richmond
✟64,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Jesus Christ wasn't political at all and certainly cannot be correctly called a 'politician' in any sense of the word. In fact, he made that clear by insisting, contrary to those people who thought he might be a political rebel or reformer, that His government was not of this world.

If Israel had made the right choice He would have gotten around to it pretty quick. He still will.

Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If Israel had made the right choice He would have gotten around to it pretty quick. He still will.

There's no basis for thinking that to be so. And if for some reason it did happen, what would that make Jesus? Indecisive? A liar? Conflicted? None of that would be possible, given who he was.

So you cite Acts 1:6, but if we read the verse immediately before it and the one immediately following it, there is no hint of a coming change in his attitude towards politics.

In Acts 1:5 he is talking about baptism, not politics, and in Acts 1:7 he says this:

7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”

Again, the power being referred to is that which is associated with the presence of the Holy Spirit, which is nothing to do with politics.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0