• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

was Trump Fit , is Biden fit poll

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by perplexed, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Trump was Fit to be POTUS

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. Trump was not Fit to be POTUS

33 vote(s)
    71.7%
  3. Biden is Fit to be POTUS

30 vote(s)
    65.2%
  4. Biden is not Fit to be POTUS

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. I am not really sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 2+2=5

3 vote(s)
    6.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. perplexed

perplexed Senior Member

+93
    Seeker
    I am amazed that anyone thinks Trump or Biden is fit to president so I thought I would do a poll

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,706
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    "Fit" sounds like a judgement on their physical and mental resources. Id say both are/were fit enough.

Thats different from morally suitable. Or temperamentally suitable.

3. .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el. Young Fogie Staff Member Supervisor Supporter

+4,106
    Canada
    Messianic
    Single
    Biden is fit, but Trump never was. The way I see it, the two primary functions of the American president are head of government and commander-in-chief of the armed forces, and it would be reasonable for any president to have a background in either government or the military. Trump's the only one not to have had either one. I wouldn't vote for the current president, but Biden is definitely qualified.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  4. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+2,944
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I would suggest that even people in Biden's own party have serious questions about his mental fitness.

5. KCfromNC

KCfromNC Regular Member

+11,367
    Atheist
    Private
    I doubt your post surprises anyone, either in the opinion professed or the complete lack of reasons to take it seriously.

6. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,342
    Anglican
    Married
    Unfortunately, all the poll will show is people saying that the one they voted for was/is fit and the one that they didn't vote for--regardless of the reason--was/is not fit.

7. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,706
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I admit I'm a little worried. But his clear moral fitness advantage over his opponent made the choice easy.

8. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,342
    Anglican
    Married
    That was at a time when he was hiding it pretty well, though, right? I have to wonder what you will think two months from now when all the alibis have fallen through.

9. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,706
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Well, so far he's mentally fit enough imo. You could be right, but sorry if I dont consider you a genuine prophet.

10. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,342
    Anglican
    Married
    It doesn't take a prophet to observe what appears, from much evidence, to be dementia. In fact, that isn't what a prophet is or the word means. Not at all.

11. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+1,671
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    I don't think Biden is unfit, although that could easily change sometime in the next few years due to his age. That's why I would have preferred a younger candidate.

I think Trump was mentally unfit to be president, although not due to his age. I think he is dangerously delusional, prone to believing his vast number of mistruths and bizarre conspiracy theories.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,342
    Anglican
    Married
    Maybe so, maybe not. However, we have to admit also that if what you say is true, it's ironic that the coup-plotters who tried to overthrow the election of 2016 used a whopper of a conspiracy theory concocted by the Clinton campaign about a fictional "collusion" between the Trump administration and Russia! :astonished: So, when it comes to conspiracy theories, you may be holding your scorecard upside down.

13. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,706
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Yeah the Biblical prophets were not really future tellers? They were more like broad seeing scolds who called out their society's drift away from God's intentions, right? But the the word today definitely includes future telling, as in one who makes prophesy.

14. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+8,706
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I recall an removal effort based on Ukraine, not Russia, malfeasance.

There was an investigation into Russia dealings, which did uncover some very disturbing findings.

15. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,342
    Anglican
    Married
    If you're talking about Biden using our tax monies to bribe the government of Ukraine, that wouldn't be a "conspiracy theory" because it isn't in doubt, isn't a mere theory. He explained how he pulled it off and did so on stage as well as on film.

16. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,342
    Anglican
    Married
    "Very disturbing findings?" Yeh, it's disturbing to think that our FBI and high ranking members of the government would intentionally lie to the FISA court in order to get a warrant and then spend two years and forty million dollars pretending to find evidence before Robert Mueller had to tell Congress that there was nothing to it!

17. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+1,925
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    If you are a liar and a deceiver, you are fit for government service. President, congressman, representative, senator, governor, mayor, city council seat. etc...

18. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+1,671
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    Pfft. You're comparing one big conspiracy theory to all of Trump's? Get a bigger shovel to dig up your dirt.

19. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+1,742
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    speaking of mistruths and bizarre conspiracy theories....

20. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,342
    Anglican
    Married
    Well, there aren't "all of Trump's." That's just something to be said against him, like he's lied 45,389 times, is a Nazi, is a mass murderer (seriously), and all the others that someone conjured up.

But go ahead and list "all of Trump's" conspiracy theories if you really think there are so many.