United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Canadian woman caught on camera demanding to be treated by a 'white doctor'

I was once 'assigned' a female doctor after I could no longer see my regular doctor of many years (my company changed insurers). She was a beautiful woman, which made me even more uncomfortable when contemplating a full exam. The thought became so onerous that I requested and was assigned to a male doctor. Whew, what a relief.

Am I a misogynist, or sexist?

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I was once 'assigned' a female doctor after I could no longer see my regular doctor of many years (my company changed insurers). She was a beautiful woman, which made me even more uncomfortable when contemplating a full exam. The thought became so onerous that I requested and was assigned to a male doctor. Whew, what a relief.

Regarding routine care, a patient can choose their doctor. When someone seeks more urgent care at a clinic, they may have to see the doctor that is available to see them.

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't make you sexist or a misogynist. Unless your intention was to have a male doctor because male doctors are "more knowledgeable or educated" (assuming that both doctors have similar experience in healthcare). It's pretty common for people to request a doctor of a different sex for religious reasons, personal comfort, etc. I don't see how that parallels what happened in Mississauga (if that is what you're inferring)

Is she within her rights? Yeah, you can request any doctor you like. Whether or not they are available is the question

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Am I a ... ...
Maybe. Maybe not.

The woman in the title question might or might not have any right to specify which doctor she sees - it is written in the contract(s). (and the law of whatever jurisdiction she's in or under)

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I've been examined personally by both male and female doctors. Don't get me wrong, but the female was a lot more fun. Actually, she seemed a little too into it for my comfort. But I dunno. Maybe she was just having a good day and trying to make me relax or something.

But yeah. I wouldn't sweat it. Pick the one you think is gonna give you the best medical care, and don't worry about the rest.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I suppose you can't be put under arrest for being a racist.
unless of course you become abusive, but simply being racist, sexist is NOT a crime.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Neither, you did it to make yourself comfortable and so you wouldn't sin and lust after her.

This woman was just doing it because of pre-conceived notions that those of color and with an accent couldn't be good doctors. Not to mention, her ridiculous outburst. (I assume you didn't have a meltdown because of your female doctor.)

• Agree
Reactions: MustardSeeed
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe. Maybe not.

The woman in the title question might or might not have any right to specify which doctor she sees - it is written in the contract(s). (and the law of whatever jurisdiction she's in or under)

Plus that was in no way a good way to act in any case.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
she says she had a black doctor that didn't help her kid.

ok, so instead of the solution being that she needs to find a different and better doctor(regardless of race) she sees the solution as finding a doctor who is white. the problem wasn't the skill of the doctor but that the doctor wasn't white.

black doctor = lower skilled
white doctor = higher skilled

according to this woman's expert analysis anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.