Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
[SIZE=+1]Perhaps it depends upon the intended meaning of boqer? As in the `ereb and the boqer were the first day. Is this about the space of twelve hours until the morning light or is it the space of an hour between the evening and the dawning of the new day about an hour later? The same hour or time period we know commonly as twilight. In twilight there is technically neither direct sunlight nor direct moonlight because the sun has set below the horizon and the moon has not yet risen. PERHAPS THIS IS THE TRUE NIGHT and time period in which all the firstborn of Mitsrayim were slain. Perhaps they were commanded not to exit the door of the house during that NIGHT which fell during twilight between `ereb 13 Abib-Nisan and boqer-dawning of 14 Abib-Nisan which is about the space of an hour. Yeshua warned the wicked one when he said: That thou doest, do quickly. And Judas went out, AND IT WAS NUX (DARKNESS-NIGHT). This was in the midst of the Seder during that one hour period of true darkness and he died just as did all the first born of Mitsrayim-Egypt.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]John 13:26-30[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]26. Yeshua answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Iouda Simonos Iskariotou.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]27. And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Yeshua unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]28. Now no one at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]29. For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Yeshua had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]30. He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Thus, in Exodus 12, the children of Israel did not leave the door of the house during the MEAL, (about the space of an hour) because it took place either the twilight between 13-14 Abib or the twilight between 14-15 Abib either way one looks at it. And during that hour of temptation all the firstborn of Mitsrayim-Egypt were slain.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Regarding John 13:1-2 it appears that the KJV and some others have it slightly misleading because it was not that the supper was ended but rather having come which is ginomai.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]John 13:1-2 KJV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]1. Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]2. And supper being ended, (GSN#1096 ginomai) the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him;[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Original Strong's Ref. #1096[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Romanized ginomai[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Pronounced ghin'-om-ahee[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]a prolongation and middle voice form of a primary verb; to cause to be ("gen"-erate), i.e.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1](reflexively) to become (come into being), used with great latitude (literal, figurative, intensive, etc.):[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]John 13:1-2 YGB (Young's Literal Bible)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]1. And before the feast of the passover, Jesus knowing that his hour hath come, that he may remove out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own who [are] in the world - to the end he loved them.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]2. And supper (GSN#1173 deipnon) being come, (GSN#1096 ginomai) the devil already having put [it] into the heart of Judas of Simon, Iscariot, that he may deliver him up,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]What this implies is that up until this time, (before the supper) Yeshua had loved them all, (even Judas Simonos Iskariotes) even unto the end, and now he knew that his time had come to go to the Father. Yet here and now in the context was within the context of the supper having arrived. Thus the writer places these events somewhere within the timeframe of the supper having now arrived and that is when he washes their feet as an example. This occurs DURING THE MIDST of the deipnon-(principle meal). What then if by deipnon-principle meal a full 24 hour feast between the evenings is intended? Pesach is indeed called Chag ha-Pecach, (Exodus 34:25).[/SIZE]

How do we know that καὶ δείπνου γινομένου means “and when the supper was finished” and not that it was referring to the beginning of the supper? Because this is a genitive absolute. This sentence is long. It begins in the Greek in verse 2 and goes until verse 4. It’s one sentence (actually joined even to the next with a semicolon).

2 καὶ δείπνου γινομένου, τοῦ διαβόλου ἤδη βεβληκότος εἰς τὴν καρδίαν ἵνα παραδοῖ αὐτὸν Ἰούδας Σίμωνος Ἰσκαριώτου, 3 εἰδὼς ὅτι πάντα ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ ὁ πατὴρ εἰς τὰς χεῖρας καὶ ὅτι ἀπὸ θεοῦ ἐξῆλθεν καὶ πρὸς τὸν θεὸν ὑπάγει, 4 ἐγείρεται ἐκ τοῦ δείπνου καὶ τίθησιν τὰ ἱμάτια καὶ λαβὼν λέντιον διέζωσεν ἑαυτόν·
2 And when the meal was ended, the devil already having put into his heart that Judas Simon Iscariot should turn him over, 3 (Jesus) having known that the Father had given him all things into his hands and that he had come from God and was going to God, 4 he arose from the meal and put his garments on and, having taken a linteum, girded himself;​

We know that it is finished because the first main verb of the sentence shows up in verse 4 as ἐγείρεται, which is connected to the adverbial ἐκ τοῦ δείπνου. He would not get up from the meal at the beginning but at the end. To get to this fact, you have to see the entire sentence as a unit; you cannot view it as if it were one Greek word. The Greek phrase καὶ δείπνου γινομένου (kai deipnou ginomenou) is a genitive absolute using a present participle of γίνομαι (ginomai). It's not enough to use Strong's dictionary. You have to know a bit about syntax and how the words come together to create contextual meaning.

In this case, it seems to me that your point — that there is a connection between the time of the death of the firstborn in Egypt and the time of the devil placing the thought in Judas’ heart — strains credulity. Have you seen any commentators that teach the same thing, or is this just something else that God taught you without any support?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well, in that case, I guess you’re right. After all, God did tell you these things. You must have had some kind of revelation to know that Nisan 14 fell on a Friday that year, given that the rest of the world (apart from spiritual revelation) does not know what year it was that Jesus was crucified, nor do we have any idea what day of the week these things really fell on. But, since God told you, I guess you’ve got the answer that keeps everyone else speculating. ;)

How do we know that καὶ δείπνου γινομένου means “and when the supper was finished” and not that it was referring to the beginning of the supper? Because this is a genitive absolute. This sentence is long. It begins in the Greek in verse 2 and goes until verse 4. It’s one sentence (actually joined even to the next with a semicolon).
2 καὶ δείπνου γινομένου, τοῦ διαβόλου ἤδη βεβληκότος εἰς τὴν καρδίαν ἵνα παραδοῖ αὐτὸν Ἰούδας Σίμωνος Ἰσκαριώτου, 3 εἰδὼς ὅτι πάντα ἔδωκεν αὐτῷ ὁ πατὴρ εἰς τὰς χεῖρας καὶ ὅτι ἀπὸ θεοῦ ἐξῆλθεν καὶ πρὸς τὸν θεὸν ὑπάγει, 4 ἐγείρεται ἐκ τοῦ δείπνου καὶ τίθησιν τὰ ἱμάτια καὶ λαβὼν λέντιον διέζωσεν ἑαυτόν·
2 And when the meal was ended, the devil already having put into his heart that Judas Simon Iscariot should turn him over, 3 (Jesus) having known that the Father had given him all things into his hands and that he had come from God and was going to God, 4 he arose from the meal and put his garments on and, having taken a linteum, girded himself;
We know that it is finished because the first main verb of the sentence shows up in verse 4 as ἐγείρεται, which is connected to the adverbial ἐκ τοῦ δείπνου. He would not get up from the meal at the beginning but at the end. To get to this fact, you have to see the entire sentence as a unit; you cannot view it as if it were one Greek word. The Greek phrase καὶ δείπνου γινομένου (kai deipnou ginomenou) is a genitive absolute using a present participle of γίνομαι (ginomai). It's not enough to use Strong's dictionary. You have to know a bit about syntax and how the words come together to create contextual meaning.

In this case, it seems to me that your point — that there is a connection between the time of the death of the firstborn in Egypt and the time of the devil placing the thought in Judas’ heart — strains credulity. Have you seen any commentators that teach the same thing, or is this just something else that God taught you without any support?

[SIZE=+1]You are putting words to my account which I did not write: I did not say that God told me anything. In regards to John 13 are you then stating that what follows is a different occasion than the Last Supper recorded in the other three (Synoptic) Gospel accounts? If so then it appears you would prefer to keep the discrepancies which you have found rather than to resolve them. And just because the seed of betrayal was already put into the heart of Judas does not mean that the adversary had entered into him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]John 13:21-38 KJV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]21. When Jesus had thus said, he was troubled in spirit, and testified, and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]22. Then the disciples looked one on another, doubting of whom he spake.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]23. Now there was leaning on Jesus' bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]24. Simon Peter therefore beckoned to him, that he should ask who it should be of whom he spake.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]25. He then lying on Jesus' breast saith unto him, Lord, who is it?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]26. Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]27. And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]28. Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]29. For some of them thought, because Judas had the bag, that Jesus had said unto him, Buy those things that we have need of against the feast; or, that he should give something to the poor.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]30. He then having received the sop went immediately out: and it was night.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]31. Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]32. If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]33. Little children, yet a little while I am with you. Ye shall seek me: and as I said unto the Jews, Whither I go, ye cannot come; so now I say to you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]34. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]35. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]36. Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]37. Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]38. Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.[/SIZE]

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟112,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
[SIZE=+1]Yeshua rose up from the supper, (John 13:4) and AFTER he had washed the feet of his own disciples he sat back down: And according to the Scripture, yes, they did eat:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]John 13:12 KJV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]12. So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Matthew 26:21-28 KJV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]21. And as they did eat, he said, Verily I say unto you, that one of you shall betray me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]22. And they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]23. And he answered and said, He that dippeth his hand with me in the dish, the same shall betray me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]24. The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]25. Then Judas, which betrayed him, answered and said, Master, is it I? He said unto him, Thou hast said.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]27. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]28. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]PERHAPS THE FOUR GOSPEL ACCOUNTS ARE THE ONE WHOLE![/SIZE] :)

[size=+1]EDIT-Addendum
The avenue of study which I spoke of is in the Word:

Gospel of Mark-Peter Timeline from the Triumphal Entry
Cannot be a Sabbath - Cannot be a Monday

MARK 11:7-11 ~ FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK

Mark 11:7-11 KJV
7. And they brought the colt to Jesus, and cast their garments on him; and he sat upon him.
8. And many spread their garments in the way: and others cut down branches off the trees, and strawed them in the way.
9. And they that went before, and they that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna; Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord:
10. Blessed be the kingdom of our father David, that cometh in the name of the Lord: Hosanna in the highest.
11. And Jesus entered into Jerusalem, and into the temple: and when he had looked round about upon all things, and now the eventide was come, he went out unto Bethany with the twelve.

MARK 11:12-19 ~ MONDAY

Mark 11:12-19 KJV
12. And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
13. And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
14. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
15. And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves;
16. And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple.
17. And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves.
18. And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.
19. And when even was come, he went out of the city.

MARK 11:20 ~ TUESDAY

Mark 11:20 KJV
20. And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.

MARK 14:1 ~ WEDNESDAY - THURSDAY

Mark 14:1 KJV
1. After two days was the feast of the Passover, and of unleavened bread: and the chief priests and the scribes sought how they might take him by craft, and put him to death.

MARK 14:12-17 ~ THURSDAY SUNDOWN (Friday Hebrew Calendar)

Mark 14:12-17 KJV
12. And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the Passover, (14 Abib-Nisan) his disciples said unto him, Where wilt thou that we go and prepare that thou mayest eat the passover?
13. And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.
14. And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
15. And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.
16. And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.
17. And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

In that night, Friday 14 Nisan, Yeshua was betrayed and arrested.
The next morning, (still Friday 14 Nisan) Yeshua had been tried and was crucified at 9AM.

6:00 AM -~- First Hour
9:00 AM -~- Third Hour
12 Noon -~- Sixth Hour
3:00 PM -~- Ninth Hour

Mark 15:25-33 KJV
25. And it was the third hour, (9AM) and they crucified him.
26. And the superscription of his accusation was written over, THE KING OF THE JEWS.
27. And with him they crucify two thieves; the one on his right hand, and the other on his left.
28. And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors.
29. And they that passed by railed on him, wagging their heads, and saying, Ah, thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days,
30. Save thyself, and come down from the cross.
31. Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.
32. Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.
33. And when the sixth hour was come, (Noon) there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour (3PM).

The Passover Feast according to Marcus-Cephas was a full day from the Seder of record to the burial of the body of Yeshua, about the space of 24 hours between the evenings. Also the Feast of Passover was the day of the Preparation for a normal weekly Shabbat, and also the day of Preparation for the 15 Nisan Feast of Unleavened Bread, and therefore 15 Nisan was not only a holy convocation but also a weekly Shabbat making it an High Day. The Crucifixion took place on a Friday according to even the record provided through Marcus-Cephas which is in agreement with the fourth Gospel commonly known as the Gospel of John.

Mark 15:42-43 KJV
42. And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the Sabbath,
43. Joseph of Arimathaea, an honourable counsellor, which also waited for the kingdom of God, came, and went in boldly unto Pilate, and craved the body of Jesus.

John 19:31 KJV
31. The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
[/size]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Pat, the admonishment to stay inside was for the night of Passover. There was only one 'Passover', ever after it was a remembrance of it. That is why the difference in the passages in Ex and Deut.

Exodus shows the actual Passover and Deut show how to keep it in the land.

Both agree that you do not leave the place you choose to eat the passover until the next morning.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This apparent contradiction in dating may depend on whether the gospel writers were referring to the preparation day for the sabbath or to the preparation day for the Passover.

Steve W. Lemke

Bingo. There was more than one day of Preparation in the week He was crucified. This is the usual reconciliation between John and the Synoptic writers. There are many good works written about this.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Bingo. There was more than one day of Preparation in the week He was crucified. This is the usual reconciliation between John and the Synoptic writers. There are many good works written about this.

There are many good works written in defense of the Book of Mormon and its contradictions, too. I’ve yet to see anything written that accounts for all parts of each account. Things that must be accounted for:

1. The statements in the Synoptics recording that the disciples prepared the Passover (Matt. 26:19; Mark 14:16; Luke 22:13).
2. The five different verses where it is stated that they were going to eat the Passover in the Synoptics (Matt. 26:17; Mark 14:12,14; Luke 22:8).
3. The explicit statement of Jesus that he was eating the Passover with his disciples (Luke 22:15).
4. The lack of mentioning of eating the Passover in John’s gospel except in stating that “the Jews” were afraid of becoming ceremonially impure and missing out on eating the Passover (John 18:28), which would presumably have taken place the night after the crucifixion.

It doesn’t come down to the identification of the Preparation Day or Days, though that is certainly an additional problem. It comes down to the whether or not Jesus ate the Passover with his disciples. The Synoptics say he did. John tells a different story. (By the way, the same holds true with regard to the women’s purpose in coming to the tomb on the first day. The Synoptics say that they came to anoint the body, which had not been anointed before burial. John says that they came to see the place where he was buried [and to mourn], since he had Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus anoint the body before it was buried. There was, then, no purpose in John bringing the women to the tomb to anoint the body, as it had already been done.)

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
There are many good works written in defense of the Book of Mormon and its contradictions, too. I’ve yet to see anything written that accounts for all parts of each account. Things that must be accounted for:

1. The statements in the Synoptics recording that the disciples prepared the Passover (Matt. 26:19; Mark 14:16; Luke 22:13).
2. The five different verses where it is stated that they were going to eat the Passover in the Synoptics (Matt. 26:17; Mark 14:12,14; Luke 22:8).
3. The explicit statement of Jesus that he was eating the Passover with his disciples (Luke 22:15).
4. The lack of mentioning of eating the Passover in John’s gospel except in stating that “the Jews” were afraid of becoming ceremonially impure and missing out on eating the Passover (John 18:28), which would presumably have taken place the night after the crucifixion.

It doesn’t come down to the identification of the Preparation Day or Days, though that is certainly an additional problem. It comes down to the whether or not Jesus ate the Passover with his disciples. The Synoptics say he did. John tells a different story. (By the way, the same holds true with regard to the women’s purpose in coming to the tomb on the first day. The Synoptics say that they came to anoint the body, which had not been anointed before burial. John says that they came to see the place where he was buried [and to mourn], since he had Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus anoint the body before it was buried. There was, then, no purpose in John bringing the women to the tomb to anoint the body, as it had already been done.)

A definite contradiction in scriptures. That 14th and 15th of Abib is the same as this April 7th and 8th; Saturday and Sunday. That preparation day most certainly would have been Friday. Is the Passover Lamb prepared on Friday?

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟139,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I see a tempest in a teapot. Should the Passover referred to in the synoptics simply be the rehearsal dinner (as was and still is common for a teacher to do with disciples), then everything fits and there is no contradiction and no problem. Just because Y'shua said He had wanted to eat the Passover with them, doesn't mean that what they were eating was the Passover. He could have easily meant that He was disappointed that He would not be able to do so. "And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer" This doesn't mean that He did.

I think you are supporting one, and only one, of the interpretations of these verses possible. As a result, you are reading waaay too much into this.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I see a tempest in a teapot. Should the Passover referred to in the synoptics simply be the rehearsal dinner (as was and still is common for a teacher to do with disciples), then everything fits and there is no contradiction and no problem. Just because Y'shua said He had wanted to eat the Passover with them, doesn't mean that what they were eating was the Passover. He could have easily meant that He was disappointed that He would not be able to do so. "And he said unto them, With desire I have desired to eat this passover with you before I suffer" This doesn't mean that He did.

I think you are supporting one, and only one, of the interpretations of these verses possible. As a result, you are reading waaay too much into this.

I can't really tell if this is supposed to be serious. A rehearsal dinner? Do you have references to anything that I could look up that would suggest such a thing? This is the most ad hoc explanation that I've ever seen, and it strikes me as desperate. No offense intended, but surely there is a better explanation than this.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A definite contradiction in scriptures. That 14th and 15th of Abib is the same as this April 7th and 8th; Saturday and Sunday. That preparation day most certainly would have been Friday. Is the Passover Lamb prepared on Friday?

It would be on a different day every year, depending on how the calendar falls.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith

It would be on a different day every year, depending on how the calendar falls.
That Passover would have been on Saturday just like this year. Is the Passover Lamb prepared on preperation day Friday.

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That Passover would have been on Saturday just like this year. Is the Passover Lamb prepared on preperation day Friday.

What makes you think that? There's no restriction. This "preparation day" could have been any day of the week. What forces it to be Friday?

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟139,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can't really tell if this is supposed to be serious. A rehearsal dinner? Do you have references to anything that I could look up that would suggest such a thing? This is the most ad hoc explanation that I've ever seen, and it strikes me as desperate. No offense intended, but surely there is a better explanation than this.
No offence taken.

From what I have read, it was not uncommon then and now, for a teacher to hold a Seder prior to the Passover. Am I mistaken?

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
talmidim said:
No offence taken.

From what I have read, it was not uncommon then and now, for a teacher to hold a Seder prior to the Passover. Am I mistaken?

Not a Seder, per se, but a "Teaching Seder." As the Exodus and the Passover are pivotal to Judaism, and as the L-rd commands we Tell this history, And, even in many Haggadot you will read "the more one tells of the Exodus the more one is to be praised," so it is incumbent to not tell the history fresh each year but for Learned Teachers of Torah and Talmud to instruct their talmidim in the D'rash and Sod they have unearthed in their study and experience.

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
What makes you think that? There's no restriction. This "preparation day" could have been any day of the week. What forces it to be Friday?
That weekly Sabbath, and that Passover were both on Saturday, Just like this Passover this year. Would the Passover Lamb have been prepared Friday before the Sabbaths began?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No offence taken.

Such a thing could be done any time of the year. It would not, however, be accompanied with "go make preparations that we may eat the Passover" and "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you."

Upvote 0

yonah_mishael

הֱיֵה קודם כל בן אדם
Jun 14, 2009
Tel Aviv, Israel
Visit site
✟27,173.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That weekly Sabbath, and that Passover were both on Saturday, Just like this Passover this year. Would the Passover Lamb have been prepared Friday before the Sabbaths began?

How do you know that the first day of Matsot was Saturday that year? This is very specific information that I've never heard anyone present before. You need to support that claim.

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
✟139,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not a Seder, per se, but a "Teaching Seder." As the Exodus and the Passover are pivotal to Judaism, and as the L-rd commands we Tell this history, And, even in many Haggadot you will read "the more one tells of the Exodus the more one is to be praised," so it is incumbent to not tell the history fresh each year but for Learned Teachers of Torah and Talmud to instruct their talmidim in the D'rash and Sod they have unearthed in their study and experience.

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}
Thanks Henny,

That's pretty much what I was talking about. There has been many threads where this has been discussed in relation the Messiah and the synoptic accounts.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith

How do you know that the first day of Matsot was Saturday that year? This is very specific information that I've never heard anyone present before. You need to support that claim.
See the sacred calendar part.
25125-albums313-38952.jpg
[/IMG]

Upvote 0