WAS THE FIRST LIE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN YOU CAN BREAK GOD'S LAW AND NOT SURELY DIE?

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<dd40>Indeed, also:
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. 19 After being made alive,d]'>[d] he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits – 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, 1Peter3:18-20
The above could not be true if the dead knew, and could comprehend nothing<end>
Very true context is everything. Hell is never called prison and prison is never called hell in the Bible.
Luke 4:18-19
(18) The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
(19) To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
Here Jesus announces His earthly ministry. The word translated "captives" literally means "prisoners of war" those are the captives Jesus preached freedom to. The primary meaning of the word translated "deliverance" is "freedom."
1 Peter 3:18-20
(18) For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
(19) By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
(20) Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
It is not likely that this passage refers to the dead in the grave, sheol, or wherever, since the only people who were saved were alive, not dead in the grave, i.e. Noah and his family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Who's twisting scripture? Exodus 34:27-28. They belong to the Mosaic covenant, meaning they are not part of the covenant he made with Abraham. Hebrews 7:12 -change of law. Hebrews 7:18-19 -the law was useless. Galatians were reverting to old Hebrew code. They were going back to the old law. It is not I that made that conclusion, but a part of what Paul warned them of: "You who are trying to be justified by the law, do you not know what the law says?"

Hello FH nice to see you again brother.

Not sure what you are presenting is part of the OP here but happy to have a look at the scriptures you are trying to promote here if you like? Let's look at them. You promote EXODUS 34:27-28 to say that that 10 Commandments are the OLD COVENANT. Is this true? Absolutely! but it is only telling half the story. The 10 Commandments were a part of the OLD COVENANT brother.

The OLD Covenant included both the 10 commandments and the Shadow laws from the MOSSIAC BOOK OF THE COVENANT, also called the BOOK OF THE LAW. Let's look at the scrptures you left out...

WHAT LAWS MADE UP THE OLD COVENANT?

The OLD COVENANT was made up of many sets of LAWS. These included God's LAW (10 Commandments) spoken and written by GOD himself to his people on two tables of stone and the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT written and spoken to God's people by MOSES containing the CIVIL, SANITARY, CEREMONIAL, ECCLESIASTICAL laws for forgiveness of sin and sin offerings for the SANCTUARY and PRIESTHOOD [Levitical].

EXODUS 24:7 [7] And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the hearing of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

The Old Covenant included; The 10 Commandments and the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT. Let's look at the scriptures...

1. GOD'S LAW (One scripture only as we already agree on this)

EXODUS 34:28 [28] And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the COVENANT, the TEN COMMANDMENTS.

This is what you left out of your post only telling half the story...

2. THE MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT (Also part of the old covenant)

EXODUS 24:7 [7] And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the hearing of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26] TAKE THIS BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the side of the ark of the COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there FOR A WITNESS AGAINST THEE.

DEUTERONOMY 29:21 [21] And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, ACCORDING TO ALL THE CURSES OF THE COVENANT that are WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW.

EXODUS 24:7 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 29:21 [21], And the LORD shall separate him to evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the COVENANT THAT ARE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK OF THE LAW.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26], Take this BOOK OF THE LAW, and put it in the SIDE OF THE ARK OF THE COVENANT of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

2 KINGS 23:2 [2], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem with him, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the people, both small and great: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT which was found in the house of the LORD.

2 KINGS 23:3 [3], And the king stood by a pillar, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments and his testimonies and his statutes with all their heart and all their soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THIS COVENANT THAT WERE WRITTEN IN THIS BOOK. And all the people stood to the COVENANT.

2 KINGS 23:21 [21], And the king commanded all the people, saying, KEEP THE PASSOVER OF THE LORD your God, AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THIS COVENANT.

2 CHRONICLES 34:30 [30], And the king went up into the house of the LORD, and all the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and the priests, and the Levites, and all the people, great and small: and HE READ IN THEIR EARS ALL THE WORDS OF THE BOOK OF THE COVENANT that was found in the house of the LORD.

2 CHRONICLES 34:31 [31] And the king stood in his place, and made a covenant before the LORD, to walk after the LORD, and to keep his commandments, and his testimonies, and his statutes, with all his heart, and with all his soul, TO PERFORM THE WORDS OF THE COVENANT WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE BOOK.

CONCLUSION *Yep, the OLD COVENANT is not just the 10 Commandments it includes the prophetic SHADOW LAWS FROM THE MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT*

The Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT were pointing to the NEW..

HEBREWS 9:1 [1] Then verily THE FIRST COVENANT HAD ALSO ORDINANCES of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. [9] Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;[10] WHICH STOOD ONLY IN MEATS AND DRINKS, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.[12] NEITHER BY THE BLOOD OF GOATS AND CALVES, BUT BY HIS OWN BLOOD he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

EPHESIANS 2:15 [15] HAVING ABOLISHED in his flesh the enmity, even the LAW OF COMMANDMENTS CONTAINED IN ORDINANCES; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;[16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby

EZEKIEL 46:14 [14] And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it every morning, the sixth part of an ephah, and the third part of an hin of oil, to temper with the fine flour; a MEAT OFFERING continually by a perpetual ORDINANCE unto the LORD.

NUMBERS 19:2 [2] This is the ORDINANCE OF THE LAW which the Lord hath commanded, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and upon which never came yoke:

HEBREWS 10:1 [1] For THE LAW HAVING A SHADOW of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with THOSE SACRIFICES WHICH THEY OFFERED YEAR BY YEAR continually make the comers thereunto perfect.[2] For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins. [3] But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.[4] For IT IS NOT POSSIBLE THAT THE BLOOD OF BULLS AND OF GOATS SHOULD TAKE AWAY SINS.

What laws are written on the heart in the NEW COVENANT promise? It is not the MOSAIC laws for remission of sin...

JEREMIAH 31:31-34 [31], Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[32], NOT ACCORDING TO THE COVENANT THAT I MADE WITH THEIR FATHERS in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt ; MY COVENANT WHICH THEY BROKE, although I was a husband unto them, says the LORD:[33], But THIS SHALL BE MY COVENANT THAT I SHALL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISREAL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAWS IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND I WILL WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE; [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

2 CORINTHIANS 3 [2], You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: [3], Since you are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, WRITTEN NOT WITH INK, BUT WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE LIVING GOD; NOT IN TABLES OF STONE, BUT IN THE FLESHLY TABLES OF THE HEART. (see all of 2 COR 3)

The NEW COVENANT promise of LOVE is God's LAW (10 Commandments) written on the heart to LOVE through faith (HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10)

……………………………

CONCLUSION; Jesus did not come to change or destroy GOD'S LAW (10 Commandments). It is through GOD's LAW that we have a KNOLWEDGE of what SIN is. The sabbath is still to be kept. He came to fulfil what was written of Him in the books of the law and to END the Mosaic law for remission of SIN and the penalty of SIN in those who BELIEVE

yep it is the SHADOW laws that are fulfilled in Christ. The OLD COVENANT is made up of God's 10 Commandments and the Shadow laws in ORDINANCES from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT.

You have your shadow laws mixed up with God's eternal LAW that give us a KNOWLEDGE of what sin is if broken. * ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:11; 1 JOHN 3:4

Happy to share the purpose of God's LAW (10 Commandments) and the Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT in another post if your interested?

DETAILED SCRIPTURE SUPPORT LINKING OLD AND NEW HERE Click me.

Now let's look at the house of the OLD COVENANT. It is called the ARK OF THE COVENANT and let's see what it included..

WHAT LAWS DID THE ARK OF THE COVENANT [HOUSE OF THE COVENANT] CONTAIN?

DEUTERONOMY 10:5 [5] And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they are, as the LORD commanded me.

Yep there is the 10 Commandments housed in the ARK of the COVENANT.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 [26] Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

Well here you go now FH can you see your error here?

EXODUS 24:7 [7] And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

CONCLUSION: The ARK [House of the COVENANT] held God's 10 Commandments [2x tables of stone] and the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT . Together these made up the OLD COVENANT. Yep seems like you are only telling half the story here. If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you understand what the NEW COVENANT is?

With the scriptures above as our foundation let's look at Hebrews 7. We can talk about Hebrews 7 further in the next post..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews 7:18-19 -the law was useless. Galatians were reverting to old Hebrew code. They were going back to the old law. It is not I that made that conclusion, but a part of what Paul warned them of: "You who are trying to be justified by the law, do you not know what the law says?"

Your trying to argue that the change in the law in HEBREWS 7:12 is in reference to the 10 Commandments because you thought that the OLD COVENANT is only the 10 commandments. The scripture posted above show that the OLD COVENANT include both the 10 commandments and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT *EXODUS 24:8, which contained all the laws for remission of sin, ceremonial ordinances for the Levitical priest hood. So what is the CONTEXT of HEBREWS 7 and what laws is it talking about? Is HEBREWS 7 talking about the 10 commandments or the MOSAIC BOOK of the laws for remission of sins *DEUTERONOMY 29:21?

Let's look at the scriptures...

HEBREWS 7:1-28
[1], For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
[2], To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
[3], Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like to the Son of God; stays a priest continually.
[4], Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
[5], And truly they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brothers, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

NOTE: In the earthly Sanctuary only those from the tribe of Levi could be Priests. Jesus was from the tribe of Judah also note that the context of the chapter now is the Priesthood and the king and Priest in the days of Abraham named Melchisedec.

[6], But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
[7], And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
[8], And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.
[9], And as I may so say, Levi also, who receives tithes, paid tithes in Abraham.
[10], For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
[11], If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

NOTE: Topic is on the Levitical Priesthood the law we are talking about are the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 40:12-15; Leviticus 1-23. The Priesthood was to be only for the tribe of Levi under the OLD COVENANT.

[12], For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
[13], For he of whom these things are spoken pertains to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
[14], For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
[15], And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there rises another priest,

NOTE: Jesus from the tribe of Judah is now our great high Priest from the order of Melchisedec. No more animal sacrifices.

[16], Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
[17], For he testifies, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
[18], For there is truly a cancellation of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
[19], For the law made nothing perfect [MOSAIC BOOK OF THE LAW *2 KINGS 23:3], but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw near to God.
[20], And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
[21], For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said to him, The Lord swore and will not repent, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
[22], By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
[23], And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
[24], But this man, because he continues ever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
[25], Why he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come to God by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.
[26], For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
[27], Who needs not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
[28], For the law makes men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, makes the Son, who is consecrated for ever more.

NOTE: v28 does the 10 commandments make men high Priests or does the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 40:12-15; Leviticus 1-23?

CONCLUSION: HEBREWS 7:12 in relation to the change of laws is talking about the Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW not the 10 commandments and a change in the Priesthood and the laws that accompany it from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 24:7. Not the 10 commandments. Can you see your mistake here? Is there anything you are specifically referring to in Galatians you wish to discuss?

Hope this is helpful brother FH

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I suppose you are referring to Saul of Tarsus, in that he persecuted 'the way', the new Christian follower of Jesus, before he met the LORD on the way to Damascus.
Well, it appears that God took the time to correct his knowledge of the what the real Truth was and forgave his previous acts against the Christian Church by acknowledging his zeal for God and through his following baptism when Sauls sight was later restored - both his physical sight and his insight into Truth.
God will forgive previous transgressions, but not willful transgressions after Truth is known to you.

Hi One God, thanks for your thoughts. I guess the question was asked because some may believe something that may not be true so is this a lie to them? I do not believe so because they sincerely believe it. You provided a good example with Paul before his conversion. If someone is believing something to be true when it is not are they believing lies? Absolutely! But the question is if they do not know it is a lie and believe it is it a lie to them? I do not believe it is until they receive a knowledge of the truth and reject it *ACTS 17:30.

A lie however is when someone knows something is not true but purposely says what is not true in order to decieve someone. I do not think this was what Eve did in Genesis.

Thanks for your thoughts brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
@ everyone thanks for the interesting discussion here. I am really enjoying reading all your thoughts. Sorry if I have not got to you all as time is limited for me at the moment. I will try and catch up more latter as I get some more time.

May God bless you all as you seek him through his Word.

Upvote 0

One God

Sep 14, 2018
Bloomington
✟15,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Did you really search your Bible, or are you lying already? (within 5 posts - tsk, tsk)
Welcome to the forum. It's actually a term used by the other side, so obviously not in the Bible. Can you find the term Ten Commandments in the New Testament? Rapture? Trinity? Personal prayer language?

Thank you for your welcome for me to the forum. Yes low post count, but I searched the forum rules and did not see anything that set minimums for posting.
However, I must admit I did not read yours. Please forward them to me that I may not step on your toe again.
I have searched my Bible. I read on a schedule, daily, and have traversed the scriptures through some several times.
I must thank you for your suggestion to seek the other words you listed, but that is not really necessary.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the first lie was God is a liar. That is the sentiment I see being presented with subtlety and cunning, and hidden behind the semantics in,"you will not surely die". It's a form of psychological manipulation.

Hi childeye 2, nice to meet you and welcome here. Absolutely! good point that is how I see it as well. God maed a commandments the temptation and the lie was you will be as God's if you brake God's commandment knowing GOOD and EViL. Great points and thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Immortal soul? Where does the Bible speak of 'immortal soul'?"
I have searched my Bible for that phrase, but I can’t find it."

Your correct there is no such thing as an immortal Soul. Not quite sure why everyone wishes to talk about this though. Although I guess coming to think about it that is what Adam and eve lost in the garden of Eden. Somthing I had not really thought to much about until now. Thanks for sharing. Good points.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you're asking if the first time that the devil lied was in the Garden of Eden, because you really want to know when the devil first sinned - I'd say maybe.
Lucifer chose to rebel against God and become greater than him. Maybe he lied when he asked other angels to join him, and said that they would become greater than God, or maybe he was so proud that he thought he could do it.

The first lie that is recorded that the devil spoke, is the one to Eve, "you surely will not die."

But it seems like that is just a long preamble to the main point of your post, which is "we need to keep the Sabbath".
In which case; you're on your own.

Hi Strong in Him, nice to see you and welcome. I like the points you have brought out about Satans rebelling in heaven. I think this was his main sin. The OP is more in relation to the first lie to mankind which caused mankind to sin. The first lie in the garden of Eden which was you can break God's commandment and not surely die is one that is repeated in many religions of today. Those who continue in known unrepentant sin will not enter into God's Kingdom (Hebrews 10:26-27).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts SIH.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This whole topic is a veiled attack on the immortality of the soul.

"WAS THE FIRST LIE IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN YOU CAN BREAK GOD'S LAW AND NOT SURELY DIE?"

The Bible says that sin was in the world before the law was given. So how could the law be broken in the garden?

Romans 5:13
To be sure, sin was in the world before the law was given...

Steve, I must say I had a little chuckle when I read this post of yours as I did not know what you were talking about but come to think about it, which I had not in the past, maybe there is some truth in your post that the day they ate the forbidden fruit ADAM and EVE lost their immortality. Good point and thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The first error was Eve's mis-understanding, that she couldn't even touch the tree.

Think that implies Eve was mis-informed by Adam, who took the liberty of adding to God's original commandment, with his own human mis-interpretation.

Plausibly, Adam just thought he was helping Eve, by strengthening God's Commandment ("don't eat it") with the addendum ("and don't even touch it").

But it was that mis-understand which was the first error in Eden... and which error gave the Serpent an "in" so to speak

Hence (?) the Biblical Command not to "add to the Words of God"... only the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (so to speak)

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The first error was Eve's mis-understanding, that she couldn't even touch the tree.

Think that implies Eve was mis-informed by Adam, who took the liberty of adding to God's original commandment, with his own human mis-interpretation.

Plausibly, Adam just thought he was helping Eve, by strengthening God's Commandment ("don't eat it") with the addendum ("and don't even touch it").

But it was that mis-understand which was the first error in Eden... and which error gave the Serpent an "in" so to speak

Hence (?) the Biblical Command not to "add to the Words of God"... only the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth (so to speak)

Hi Erik, great points you brought out. Good lessons there about man-made teachings and how they can lead us away from God's WORD. Great points and thanks for your thoughts here.

• Friendly
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bob, I must say I had a little chuckle when I read this post of yours as I did not know what you were talking about but come to think about it, which I had not in the past, maybe there is some truth in your post that the day they ate the forbidden fruit ADAM and EVE lost their immortality. Good point and thanks for sharing.
Spiritual death is not the loss of immortality. Eternal life and eternal death are both eternal.

Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Spiritual death is not the loss of immortality. Eternal life and eternal death are both eternal.

Matthew 25:46
“Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Nope they lost immortality in the garden of Eden and because they no longer had access to the tree of life they died of old age ;).

Everlasting punishment is eternal death (once dead always dead) *ROMANS 6:23; HEBREWS 10:26-27. God's righteous will have access to the tree of life.

REVELATION 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

Saint Steven

You can call me Steve
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2018
Minneapolis, MN
✟930,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope they loss immortality ;)
What was the purpose of the tree of life then?

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FatalHeart

Wisdom's Associate
Jan 23, 2013
The pulsating core of the interwebs
✟20,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Your trying to argue that the change in the law in HEBREWS 7:12 is in reference to the 10 Commandments because you thought that the OLD COVENANT is only the 10 commandments. The scripture posted above show that the OLD COVENANT include both the 10 commandments and the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT *EXODUS 24:8, which contained all the laws for remission of sin, ceremonial ordinances for the Levitical priest hood. So what is the CONTEXT of HEBREWS 7 and what laws is it talking about? Is HEBREWS 7 talking about the 10 commandments or the MOSAIC BOOK of the laws for remission of sins *DEUTERONOMY 29:21?

Let's look at the scriptures...

HEBREWS 7:1-28
[1], For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
[2], To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
[3], Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like to the Son of God; stays a priest continually.
[4], Now consider how great this man was, to whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
[5], And truly they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brothers, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

NOTE: In the earthly Sanctuary only those from the tribe of Levi could be Priests. Jesus was from the tribe of Judah also note that the context of the chapter now is the Priesthood and the king and Priest in the days of Abraham named Melchisedec.

[6], But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
[7], And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
[8], And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receives them, of whom it is witnessed that he lives.
[9], And as I may so say, Levi also, who receives tithes, paid tithes in Abraham.
[10], For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
[11], If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

NOTE: Topic is on the Levitical Priesthood the law we are talking about are the shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 40:12-15; Leviticus 1-23. The Priesthood was to be only for the tribe of Levi under the OLD COVENANT.

[12], For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
[13], For he of whom these things are spoken pertains to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
[14], For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood.
[15], And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there rises another priest,

NOTE: Jesus from the tribe of Judah is now our great high Priest from the order of Melchisedec. No more animal sacrifices.

[16], Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
[17], For he testifies, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.
[18], For there is truly a cancellation of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
[19], For the law made nothing perfect [MOSAIC BOOK OF THE LAW *2 KINGS 23:3], but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw near to God.
[20], And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
[21], For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said to him, The Lord swore and will not repent, You are a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec
[22], By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
[23], And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
[24], But this man, because he continues ever, has an unchangeable priesthood.
[25], Why he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come to God by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them.
[26], For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
[27], Who needs not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.
[28], For the law makes men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, makes the Son, who is consecrated for ever more.

NOTE: v28 does the 10 commandments make men high Priests or does the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 40:12-15; Leviticus 1-23?

CONCLUSION: HEBREWS 7:12 in relation to the change of laws is talking about the Shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the LAW not the 10 commandments and a change in the Priesthood and the laws that accompany it from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT *Exodus 24:7. Not the 10 commandments. Can you see your mistake here? Is there anything you are specifically referring to in Galatians you wish to discuss?

Hope this is helpful brother FH

Well, correct me if I am wrong, but it kind of seems you're picking and choosing when the word law means the code or when it means commandment.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well, correct me if I am wrong, but it kind of seems you're picking and choosing when the word law means the code or when it means commandment.

Hi FH, not really.

Some make the mistake of thinking that the OLD COVENANT is only the 10 commandments. Post # 82 linked above the one you quoted shows through the scriptures that the OLD COVENANT includes both the 10 commandments and the Shadow laws from the MOSIAC BOOK OF THE LAW or COVANANT that were fulfilled in Christ as our true sacrifice for sins and God's plan of salvation under the NEW COVENANT. Together both God's 10 commandments and the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT make up the OLD COVENANT that point to the NEW.

It is the scripture and chapter context that determines what law is being discussed. In the case of HEBEREWS 7 it is discussing the Levitical Priesthood from the SHADOW laws of the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT and not the 10 commandments as shown in the scriptures in post # 83 linked.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What was the purpose of the tree of life then?

Genesis 3:22
And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Immortality

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ezekiel 28:16
"Through your widespread trade you were filled with violence, and you sinned. So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God, and I expelled you, guardian cherub, from among the fiery stones."

I noticed that in Ezekiel Satan was said to have been filled with violence due to his "widespread trade". So not only did he Lie to himself he spread his foul lies to both the Angels and Men. I always wondered how he could lie to such a vast amount of Angels before God finally decided to remove him and if his rebellion was in progress even as man was being created and put into the garden.

Hi Cement, absolutely! Great post. The scriptures (Ezekiel 28:12-19) say he was created to have one of the highest positions (covering cherub) in heaven but was lifted up because of his beauty coveting the position of God (Isaiah 14:12-14). This was all before his lies and temptations to cause the fall of mankind in the garden of Eden. Thanks for sharing your thought Cement, very interesting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I amthe LORD that healeth thee." Exodus 15:26

We like to proclaim none of these diseases. We have a covenant relationship with God. If we do our part of the promise we can be sure that God will do His part. This passage hinges on the statutes of God which is the law of God. We have a better covenant based on better promises. Still if we want Divine Health & protection we need to be righteous before God.

AMEN, this is God's promise to all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. Thanks Josh great point.

Upvote 0