Was the 70th Week of Daniel Fulfilled during the First Century?

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,952.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oseas, how confusing is this to you?

What you are writing confounds not me in nothing, absolutely, for I know your spirit and know
also its speculations, and conjectures, and imaginations, and opinions, and presumptions, and all
you have written are lies, are fake.

The Holy Spirit has another interpretation that the father of lies will never make because there is no truth in him.

What does the Word of GOD say? - the Word is GOD: Deuteronomy 18:v.20:
The prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak...even that prophet shall die. The Word is GOD.

Please, be careful and stop to spread your lies, your tares,
or get ready.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which covenant is the law of Moses?
That is pointing to the covenant they'd broken. It's not support for what you're asserting - that the covenant to be confirmed (in 490 years, future from Daniel's prophecy) was to be the Mosaic Covenant..... all over again.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That is pointing to the covenant they'd broken. It's not support for what you're asserting - that the covenant to be confirmed (in 490 years, future from Daniel's prophecy) was to be the Mosaic Covenant..... all over again.
The Jews (Judaism) currently, 2500 years since Daniel's time, still hold to that covenant and their whole religion is based on it.

The Jews reject that Jesus is the messiah and are looking for another person. That is current status of the world.

That person will end up being the little horn, the prince who shall come. Thinking he is the messiah, the person will confirm the Mt. Sinai covenant in the manner prescribed by Moses in Deuteronomy 31:9-13. That event will begin the 7 year 70th week.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What you are writing confounds not me in nothing, absolutely, for I know your spirit and know
also its speculations, and conjectures, and imaginations, and opinions, and presumptions, and all
you have written are lies, are fake.

The Holy Spirit has another interpretation that the father of lies will never make because there is no truth in him.

The prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak...even that prophet shall die. The Word is GOD.

Please, be careful and stop to spread your lies, your tares,
or get ready.
Oseas, I think you need to review the rules of conduct for this forum.

I am not lying, trying to deceive anyone. If you disagree with the content of my posts, then provide some rationale for your disagreement - not just emotional rants.

The pope is not qualified to be the Antichrist, because he is not a Jew, and is of the wrong religion. The 1260 days are the first half of the 7yr 70th week. And the 42 months, essentially the second half.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That event will begin the 7 year 70th week.

Based on Matthew 10:5-7, and Acts 10:36-38, and Romans 1:16, and Galatians 1:14-18, the 70th week of Daniel occurred during the first century when the Gospel was taken "first" to the Jews for a period of about 7 years. After that the Gospel was taken to the Gentiles. (See Acts 28:28)

Read the recent book "The 70th Week of Daniel 9 DECODED" by David Wilcoxson, for the proof.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Based on Matthew 10:5-7, and Acts 10:36-38, and Romans 1:16, and Galatians 1:14-18, the 70th week of Daniel occurred during the first century when the Gospel was taken "first" to the Jews for a period of about 7 years. After that the Gospel was taken to the Gentiles. (See Acts 28:28)

Read the recent book "The 70th Week of Daniel 9 DECODED" by David Wilcoxson, for the proof.

There is nothing in Daniel 9 about the gospel being taken first to the Jews.

The word "new" is not found in Daniel 9:27 in relation to the covenant to be confirmed for 7 years. The law of Moses covenant has the 7 years stipulation attached to it in Deuteronomy 31:9-13.

The Jews (Judaism) still hold to that covenant, and are looking for another (other than Jesus) to be the messiah. i.e the Antichrist, which them in 1John2:18 had heard is coming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing in Daniel 9 about the gospel being taken first to the Jews.

The scriptures can not disagree.

Does Luke 24:25 apply to you?

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Luk 24:25 Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Luk 24:26 Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory?
Luk 24:27 And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

• Winner
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
  • Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 23:33
Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Out of curiosity, do Preterists take the damnation of hell to be meaning 70 AD, the fact nothing to them recorded in Matthew 23 and 24 extends beyond 70 AD?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Jews (Judaism) currently, 2500 years since Daniel's time, still hold to that covenant and their whole religion is based on it.
The Mosaic Covenant?

If they do......then they're sorely behind on some critical things......like all the impossible to carry out temple practices that were required by the Law based on that covenant.

No. Ancient biblical Judaism died and is buried in the rubble of the destruction from 70 AD.

Please take 20 minutes of your time to watch this video in order to understand the context of the 1st century Judaism and its death and disappearance that Jesus predicted.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Out of curiosity, do Preterists take the damnation of hell to be meaning 70 AD, the fact nothing to them recorded in Matthew 23 and 24 extends beyond 70 AD?

I'm an historicist, and I've no doubt that Christ was referring to the hell awaiting sinners after the final judgment.

What evidence can you cite that preterists do not believe the same?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The scriptures can not disagree.

Does Luke 24:25 apply to you?
You are beginning to sound like Oseas with the personal accusations.

Everyone here agrees that the gospel was taken to the Jew first and then the gentiles.

Fulfilling what the disciples were supposed to in Luke 24:
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

BAB2, what you are doing is making a mixture presentation of verses about Jesus, the gospel of salvation, it preached to the Jews first and then to the gentiles - all of which are true. And would be appropriate and fine if a person were trying to win over an unbeliever to Jesus.

But as a matter of prophecy, exactness, it is the messiah's arrival (in Jerusalem), the messiah cutoff but not for himself, as what is in Daniel 9.

Daniel 9 does mention the "new" covenant. Nor the messiah rising from the grave on the third day. Nothing about taking the gospel of salvation to the nations. Nothing about the length of the messiah's ministry.

There are other places in the scriptures and new testament that prophesy those things in your mixture of verses.

What you have swept under rug in your zeal by New Covenant Theology to spread the gospel is that both Daniel and Gabriel referred to the vision and prophecy to be fulfilled in the time of the end by the little horn person, who meets his end when he stands up against the Princes of princes Jesus at the end of the 70th week.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you have swept under rug in your zeal by New Covenant Theology to spread the gospel is that both Daniel and Gabriel referred to the vision and prophecy to be fulfilled in the time of the end by the little horn person, who meets his end when he stands up against the Princes of princes Jesus at the end of the 70th week.

If I have swept it under the rug, surely you can show us one person either dead or alive, who can help you remove the rug and show us the truth about your interpretation of Daniel 9:27.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If I have swept it under the rug, surely you can show us one person either dead or alive, who can help you remove the rug and show us the truth about your interpretation of Daniel 9:27.

See, that's the kind of personal attacks I am talking about.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,952.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You agree that the word "new" was not in the original Greek.
I'm confident that James White and anyone else would agree as well.

There is no need to look beyond the Scriptures to know that the word "new" is not written in Daniel 9: v.27.

There is no expression "new" in Daniel 9: v.27, it is incomprehensible the intention to add the expression "new" to this specific Covenant, worse, adding "new" to the Scripture, as whether was a "new" covenant in Daniel 9: v.27. Wrong. Completely wrong.

Be sure that the covenant for one week broked in two halfs expressed in Daniel 9:v.27 has nothing to do with either New or Old Covenant established by GOD.
In fact, the devilish and satanic covenant for one week, BROKEN IN TWO HALF, according Daniel 9:v.27, it is between two powerful Man Beasts, i.e. between the Man Beast of sea-Revelation 13:v.1-10, and the ruthless Man Beast of the earth like a lamb with two horns, and speaks as Dragon- Revelation 13:v.11 to 18, the 666, combined with Revelation 11:v.2 : - the COURT which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the GENTILES : and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

That said, it is clear that the SATANIC covenant mentioned in Daniel 9:v. 27 has nothing do with Covenants established by GOD with His people,
but with a demoniacal, satanic, covenant between two satanic Beasts which JESUS revealed through the Book of Revelation chapters 13 and 17, and others.

The law and the prophets prophesied until the time of Elias which came around two thousand years ago, manifested as by John the Baptist whose name also came from heaven. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the fearless and courageous man takes it by force. But the fearful, or coward, will not enter in the Kingdom of GOD which He will establish in this current millennium, the seventh and last millennium or seventh and last Day, the Lord's Day.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,952.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oseas, I think you need to review the rules of conduct for this forum.

I am not lying, trying to deceive anyone. If you disagree with the content of my posts, then provide some rationale for your disagreement - not just emotional rants.

The pope is not qualified to be the Antichrist, because he is not a Jew, and is of the wrong religion. The 1260 days are the first half of the 7yr 70th week. And the 42 months, essentially the second half.

I work with the Word of GOD. The Word is GOD. God is the Truth. But you reply to my posts and pour your lies according your presumptions, and conjectures, imaginations, speculations, opinions, and so on.

OK, but why do you not understand my speech? Because I tell you the Truth, you believe me not. He that is of God hears God's words.

The prophet, which shall PRESUME to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak...even that prophet shall die. The Word is GOD.

Fear GOD.

Its it.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no need to look beyond the Scriptures to know that the word "new" is not written in Daniel 9: v.27.

There is no expression "new" in Daniel 9: v.27, it is incomprehensible the intention to add the expression "new" to this specific Covenant, worse, adding "new" to the Scripture, as whether was a "new" covenant in Daniel 9: v.27. Wrong. Completely wrong.

Be sure that the covenant for one week broked in two halfs expressed in Daniel 9:v.27 has nothing to do with either New or Old Covenant established by GOD.
In fact, the devilish and satanic covenant for one week, BROKEN IN TWO HALF, according Daniel 9:v.27, it is between two powerful Man Beasts, i.e. between the Man Beast of sea-Revelation 13:v.1-10, and the ruthless Man Beast of the earth like a lamb with two horns, and speaks as Dragon- Revelation 13:v.11 to 18, the 666, combined with Revelation 11:v.2 : - the COURT which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the GENTILES : and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

That said, it is clear that the SATANIC covenant mentioned in Daniel 9:v. 27 has nothing do with Covenants established by GOD with His people,
but with a demoniacal, satanic, covenant between two satanic Beasts which JESUS revealed through the Book of Revelation chapters 13 and 17, and others.

The law and the prophets prophesied until the time of Elias which came around two thousand years ago, manifested as by John the Baptist whose name also came from heaven. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and the fearless and courageous man takes it by force. But the fearful, or coward, will not enter in the Kingdom of GOD which He will establish in this current millennium, the seventh and last millennium or seventh and last Day, the Lord's Day.

I have no idea what this is all about.

If anyone else does, please enlighten us.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And the covenant to be confirmed for 7 years is the Mt. Sinai covenant.
Take a look at Jesus's sermon on the Mount. What He is doing by saying things like, "you have read _______but *I* say _____" is making a contrast between Moses (the mediator between God and the ancient Israelites) and Himself. Jesus is signifying a change. Only God can supercede His Law - and that's what Jesus was doing.

Upvote 0