Was the 70th Week of Daniel Fulfilled during the First Century?

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
the world has not yet acknowledged that Jesus is Lord.
Remember your accusation against @Christian Gedge of misinterpreting text?

I believe you're rejecting New Testament text based an this expectation (that I believe is a misinterpretation).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Go out there and a person can find a billion muslims who all agree with each other that Jesus was not crucified. So what? They are all wrong.
......and we are only asking for ONE self-professed Christian that agrees with you. Just one.......not many.....not several. Just one. My point is......it's an interpretation of the New Testament that doesn't even align with orthodox Christianity. In other words......it is heterodoxy (another word for 'heresy').

• Winner
Reactions: jgr
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
In Daniel 9, Gabriel did not mention the resurrection of the messiah on the third day - because otherwise Satan and his angels would not have sought to crucify him
Jesus willingly gave His life on the Cross.

You are giving undue credit to "Satan".

The Cross was planned from before the foundation of the earth. The first prophecy of the Cross was at the "Fall of mankind" in Genesis.

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.”​

My avatar represents Mary reassuring Eve that everything will be okay.....that God had a plan for humanity and that He will restore what sin had corrupted (and conquer death).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Christian Gedge

Nov 29, 2017
Waikato
Visit site
✟227,210.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My avatar represents Mary reassuring Eve that everything will be okay.....that God had a plan for humanity and that He will restore what sin had corrupted

Okaaay ... never thought of that. Im sure that Mary and Eve had a lot to talk about.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Count from the Emperor's decree to the manifestation of Christ. Get 483 years (69 weeks) It's too precise to be coincidence Doug.

View attachment 297809
The errors on you chart is in your interpretation of unto messiah and messiah cutoff. I am not going to get into all the dating and choices of what command - I looked at your site and it gets too complex to go through it all.

Unto messiah is not the beginning of Jesus's ministry, nor him being anointed by the Holy Spirit signified by the dove at the Jordan river 18 miles outside of Jerusalem. Jesus came to where John was baptizing from Galilee, not Jerusalem.

Matthew 3:13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

The 62 weeks and 7 weeks is upon Jerusalem and Daniel's people. Jesus arrived in Jerusalem riding the donkey in John 12:12-15, hailed as the messiah, King of Israel, by his followers.

4 days later, He was cutoff, crucified. Prophecy fulfilled. No dating, what command, controversy.

There is no taking the gospel to the gentiles in Daniel 9.

CG what you are overlooking is the 70 weeks includes the fulfillment of the vision Daniel and Gabriel referred to about the little horn, the 2300 days, the stopping of the daily sacrifice, the little horn being destroyed when he stands up against the Prince of princes Jesus. That vision is time of the end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Remember your accusation against @Christian Gedge of misinterpreting text?

I believe you're rejecting New Testament text based an this expectation (that I believe in a misinterpretation).
I am not rejecting the New Testament text. I presented the text of 1Corinthians2:7-8 why the words new covenant is not in Daniel 9 intentionally, nor any mention by Gabriel of the messiah rising from the grave on the third day.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus willingly gave His life on the Cross. It was planned from before the foundation of the earth. The first prophecy of the Cross was at the "Fall of mankind" in Genesis. My avatar represents Mary reassuring Eve that everything will be okay.....that God had a plan for humanity and that He will restore what sin had corrupted.
Yes all of that is correct. What you are not correct on is why the words new covenant is not in Daniel 9 and Gabriel not mentioning that the messiah would rise from the grave on the third day.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not rejecting the New Testament text. I presented the text of 1Corinthians2:7-8 why the words new covenant is not in Daniel 9 intentionally, nor any mention by Gabriel of the messiah rising from the grave on the third day.

No words "Mt. Sinai covenant".
No mention of Moses at Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses ascending Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses on Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments on Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses descending Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses descending Mt. Sinai with the Ten Commandments.

Should I continue?

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus willingly gave His life on the Cross.

You are giving undue credit to "Satan".
Everyone knows that Jesus willingly gave His life on the Cross.

Regarding your comment on Satan - credit is the wrong word. Blame is the right word.

Satan is to blame for all the sorrows of man when it comes right down to it. Satan is the father of lies and sin.

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes all of that is correct. What you are not correct on is why the words new covenant is not in Daniel 9 and Gabriel not mentioning that the messiah would rise from the grave on the third day.

Debunked by Jesus and Gabriel.

• Agree
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You haven't answered my question yet.

Do you think that the KJV translation is more accurate than the original Greek?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟113,952.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The 42 months in Revelation 11 v2 are in the second half.

I come back. I was in another place.

Again, you are wrong. Completely wrong. Revelation 13:v.5 refers to the FIRST Beast, the Beast of sea (Revelation 13:v.1 to 10), and it is the FIRST Man Beast, the Beast of sea, who will ruler the FIRST half of the 70th week, BY THE WAY, the Dragon, the Wicked prince, will give unto the Man Beast of sea his Power, and his Throne, and GREAT Authority, for the COURT which is without the temple will be given unto (MANY) the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Yes, it is true, Revelation 11:v.2 combined really with Revelation 13:v.5.

What you say according your spirit only try to confound the readers here, he brings not any revelation but only confusion among the brothers.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No words "Mt. Sinai covenant".
No mention of Moses at Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses ascending Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses on Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses receiving the Ten Commandments on Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses descending Mt. Sinai.
No mention of Moses descending Mt. Sinai with the Ten Commandments.
Which covenant is the law of Moses?

Daniel 9:11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.

Regarding the confirming of the law of Moses covenant for 7 years, the 7 year cycle in Deuteronomy 31:9-13

9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

10 And Moses commanded them, saying, At the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles,

11 When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.

12 Gather the people together, men, and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law:

13 And that their children, which have not known any thing, may hear, and learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

jgr, look at my chart upper right hand corner.... Moses requirement has not been done in recent memory because the Muslims control the temple mount (by consent of the Israeli government). And the cycle has been lost, and must be restarted - which is what the Antichrist will do.

upload_2021-4-16_18-34-57.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You haven't answered my question yet.

Do you think that the KJV translation is more accurate than the original Greek?
I don't know enough about the subject to comment. What manuscripts etc. You need to talk to someone like James White, if want to pursue that matter. I am not a linguistics theologian.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, it is true, Revelation 11:v.2 combined really with Revelation 13:v.5.

What you say according your spirit only try to confound the readers here, he brings not any revelation but only confusion among the brothers.
Oseas, how confusing is this to you?

upload_2021-4-16_18-46-42.jpeg
upload_2021-4-16_18-55-0.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know enough about the subject to comment. What manuscripts etc. You need to talk to someone like James White, if want to pursue that matter. I am not a linguistics theologian.

You agree that the word "new" was not in the original Greek.

I'm confident that James White and anyone else would agree as well.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You agree that the word "new" was not in the original Greek.

I'm confident that James White and anyone else would agree as well.
What I know is the word "new" is in the KVJ.

Upvote 0