Was the 70th Week of Daniel Fulfilled during the First Century?

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus gave Lazarus an incorruptible body, why didn't He also give him incorruptible clothes?

So that he wouldn't have to emerge still in graveclothes, and dress in corruptible clothes?

Did Jesus just forget about his attire?

Poor Lazarus: “Quick, somebody get me some corruptible clothes to dress my incorruptible body. Jesus must have forgotten.”

How could an incorruptible body bear to be in contact with corruptible clothing?

Jesus Body and Clothing were both incorruptible.

Jesus wouldn't have done anything less for Lazarus.
You would rather the clothes be incorruptible than the body? Jesus gave Lazarus what was necessary. To claim otherwise is avoiding the whole point.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You would rather the clothes be incorruptible than the body? Jesus gave Lazarus what was necessary. To claim otherwise is avoiding the whole point.

Yes, necessary to resume the temporal life that he led before he died, as seen in John 12. It appears that Lazarus was still consuming corruptible food (John 12:2).

Incorruptible bodies do not need to consume corruptible food.

Incidentally, the first individual that Jesus raised from the dead was not Lazarus, but the son of the widow at Nain. (Luke 7:11-15)

Do you think that he was raised with an incorruptible body?

Scripture please.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,848.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That doesn't mean they had immortal bodies, though. They all died again.

Every indication? Where are you getting that from? There is no indication at all that they had immortal bodies. It certainly doesn't say that. Jesus made it so that they could be seen by Peter, James and John but that doesn't mean they had to have immortal bodies for that to be the case. Why does John say that he sees the souls of dead believers in heaven in Rev 6:9-11 and Rev 20 if they have bodies?

If some people, besides Jesus, already have immortal bodies, then tell me how you interpret these passages:

1 Corinthians 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Don't "they that are Christ's" include OT saints? Of course they do. So, why do you have them being bodily resurrected before Christ's second coming, which contradicts what Paul taught?

1 Corinthians 15:50
50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Paul indicates here that all believers, including the resurrected dead in Christ, will be changed at the last trumpet, which has not yet occurred. Yet, you have some already being changed long ago. Again, why are you contradicting what Paul taught?

If Christ wasn't the first to rise from the dead with an immortal body, then that would lessen the significance of His resurrection. It would mean that Lazarus or someone else already conquered death before He did. Jesus is the only one with an immortal body.

Paul clearly taught that Christ's resurrection was the first and that there is an order to them. The first in what sense then? You try to explain away Acts 26:23. Will you do that with 1 Cor 15:20-23 as well since Paul indicated there that His resurrection was the first? In what sense was it the first then? We know it wasn't literally the first resurrection since others, like Lazarus, had been resurrected previously. So, His resurrection was clearly the first unto bodily immortality.

Interestingly, this was stated in Hebrews 11:13 literally.

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Including Enoch and Elijah, that is how we can understand what Jesus was saying in John 3:13

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟111,856.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does not say when Jesus left the tomb. It was before the stone was rolled away. He found clothes, just like Lazarus had to find some clothes. Are you saying we cannot have incorruptible bodies unless they are automatically clothed? Lazarus was wrapped up, he still needed earthly clothes to put on. Jesus did not walk out of the tomb. He was God, and did not have to.

Lazarus experienced a physical resurrection, to an incorruptible body.

You are delirious with your fantasies, and conjectures, and suppositions, opinions, speculations, and imaginations about the resurrection of Lazarus and clothes after resurrection.

You say that "the Bible does not say when JESUS left the tomb."
You say also that "He - JESUS - found clothes"; Does the Bible say this? No, the Bible doesn't say that, you are inventing from own imagination, just like about incorruptible body of Lazarus. What does the Bible say about Lazarus when he left the tomb?

John 11:v. 43-44 KJV:
43 ... JESUS cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin (a shroud). Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

John 11:v. 43-44 CJB:
43 ...JESUS shouted, “El‘azar! Come out!” 44 The man who had been dead came out, his hands and feet wrapped in strips of linen and his face covered with a cloth. Yeshua said to them, “Unwrap him, and let him go!”

According what JESUS said, Lazarus needed someone to help him when left the tomb, it because cloth bands were entirely tied up around the body and of the face of Lazarus.
Thereafter, JESUS ordained, saying: let him go. For where? Yes, for where? For his house evidently (not for heaven or paradise). Do you want a proof? The Word of GOD gives it for you:

John 12:v.1- 2 and 9-11
12 Then Jesus six days before the passover came to Bethany,
where Lazarus was, which had been dead, whom JESUS raised from the dead.

2 There they made him a supper; and Martha served:
but Lazarus was one of them that sat at the table with him.

9 Much people of the Jews therefore knew that he - JESUS - was there:
and they came not for Jesus' sake only, but that they might see Lazarus also, whom he had raised from the dead.

10 But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death;
11 Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus.

Timtofly, please, forget your fantasies, and conjectures, and suppositions, opinions, speculations, and imaginations about clothes after resurrection,
and about the incorruptible body of Lazarus after be resurrected by JESUS. There is a list of fakes in your posts posted here.

Stay exclusively in the Word of God, the Word is God, therefore, by analogy, the Bible is God.

Be careful or get ready.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
as I stated "Including Enoch and Elijah", the ones that are popularly believed to have never died.
You quoted text that states something different. The Bible says (and you quoted):

These all died in faith

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

Including Enoch and Elijah, that is how we can understand what Jesus was saying in John 3:13

13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

Are the promises of Hebrews 11 found in verse 16 below?

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

See also Revelation 3:12.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Spiritual Jew

Amillennialist
Supporter
Oct 12, 2020
MI
✟308,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because you are not making a distinction between the first (physical) and the second (spiritual) aspect of the Second Coming. Paul did make that distinction.

If there is no physical resurrection then you are those Paul is referring to:

"But if it has been proclaimed that the Messiah has been raised from the dead, how is it that some of you are saying there is no such thing as a resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then the Messiah has not been raised; and if the Messiah has not been raised, then what we have proclaimed is in vain; also your trust is in vain; furthermore, we are shown up as false witnesses for God in having testified that God raised up the Messiah, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then the Messiah has not been raised either; and if the Messiah has not been raised, your trust is useless, and you are still in your sins. Also, if this is the case, those who died in union with the Messiah are lost. If it is only for this life that we have put our hope in the Messiah, we are more pitiable than anyone."

There is no indication whatsoever that resurrection was not immediate, and not some future event. Paul is hinging the Resurrection of Christ on the fact those in Paradise already have an incorruptible body, the first resurrection.
Paul said that the dead in Christ will be raised at His second coming at the last trumpet (1 Thess 4:13-17, 1 Cor 15:20-23, 1 Cor 15:50-54). Show me where he taught that anyone (other than Christ) was or would be bodily resurrected at some other time than His second coming. He certainly didn't say that anywhere in 1 Corinthians 15.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, necessary to resume the temporal life that he led before he died, as seen in John 12. It appears that Lazarus was still consuming corruptible food (John 12:2).

Incorruptible bodies do not need to consume corruptible food.

Incidentally, the first individual that Jesus raised from the dead was not Lazarus, but the son of the widow at Nain. (Luke 7:11-15)

Do you think that he was raised with an incorruptible body?

Scripture please.
"They were still talking about it when — there he was, standing among them! Startled and terrified, they thought they were seeing a ghost. But he said to them, “Why are you so upset? Why are these doubts welling up inside you? Look at my hands and my feet — it is I, myself! Touch me and see — a ghost doesn’t have flesh and bones, as you can see I do.” As he said this, he showed them his hands and feet. While they were still unable to believe it for joy and stood there dumbfounded, he said to them, “Have you something here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, which he took and ate in their presence."

Incorruptible food is your claim and your burden to prove.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

So after resurrection we all die again?

How many times do we have to die, and how many resurrections?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Timtofly, please, forget your fantasies, and conjectures, and suppositions, opinions, speculations, and imaginations about clothes after resurrection, and about the incorruptible body of Lazarus after be resurrected by JESUS. There is a list of fakes in your posts posted here.
Not my argument. Just excuses of other posters.

"If there is no resurrection of the dead, then the Messiah has not been raised," - Apostle Paul.

"Yes, indeed! I tell you that there is coming a time — in fact, it’s already here — when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who listen will come to life." - Jesus Christ

You all seem to want a new corruptible body. I will gladly accept an incorruptible body.

Upvote 0

jgr

Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,467.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"They were still talking about it when — there he was, standing among them! Startled and terrified, they thought they were seeing a ghost. But he said to them, “Why are you so upset? Why are these doubts welling up inside you? Look at my hands and my feet — it is I, myself! Touch me and see — a ghost doesn’t have flesh and bones, as you can see I do.” As he said this, he showed them his hands and feet. While they were still unable to believe it for joy and stood there dumbfounded, he said to them, “Have you something here to eat?” They gave him a piece of broiled fish, which he took and ate in their presence."

Incorruptible food is your claim and your burden to prove.

Do you think that Jesus needed corruptible food in order to survive?

If so, then you must think that He still needs corruptible food in heaven in order to survive.

Reminder: Lazarus was not the first that Jesus raised to life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Paul said that the dead in Christ will be raised at His second coming at the last trumpet (1 Thess 4:13-17, 1 Cor 15:20-23, 1 Cor 15:50-54). Show me where he taught that anyone (other than Christ) was or would be bodily resurrected at some other time than His second coming. He certainly didn't say that anywhere in 1 Corinthians 15.
3 times:

For just as in connection with Adam all die, so in connection with the Messiah all will be made alive. But each in his own order:

1 the Messiah is the firstfruits;

2 then those who belong to the Messiah, at the time of his coming;

3 then the culmination, when he hands over the Kingdom to God the Father, after having put an end to every rulership, yes, to every authority and power.

The first one includes Lazarus and all OT church. Matthew 27:52-53

The second one at the Second Coming. The living dead are raptured. 1 Corinthians 15:52

The third one is the culmination. Revelation 20:4

Enoch was changed. His corruptible body literally died, and he was given an incorruptible body. That is what translated entails. Those alive and remain are dead in corruptible bodies. They will be translated like Enoch. The change of all the church at the Second Coming is being glorified, the spirit joining the body. Enoch had the first incorruptible body, after being born in Adam's corruptible flesh.

Don't take my word for it. Ask God what translated means. A translation is not a copy of something. It is not a changed original in the same language. A translation is taking something old and changing it into something totally different. If Lazarus was only restored, then Jesus did not show them proof of the Resurrection and Life. Jesus waited and waited for a purpose.

"Yes, indeed! I tell you that there is coming a time — in fact, it’s already here — when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who listen will come to life."

"Marta said to Yeshua, “Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. Even now I know that whatever you ask of God, God will give you.” Yeshua said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” Marta said, “I know that he will rise again at the Resurrection on the Last Day.” Yeshua said to her, “I AM the Resurrection and the Life! Whoever puts his trust in me will live, even if he dies; and everyone living and trusting in me will never die. Do you believe this?” She said to him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the one coming into the world.”

"He said, “Where have you buried him?” They said, “Lord, come and see.” Yeshua cried; so the Judeans there said, “See how he loved him!” But some of them said, “He opened the blind man’s eyes. Couldn’t he have kept this one from dying?”

"Yeshua, again deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave, and a stone was lying in front of the entrance. Yeshua said, “Take the stone away!” Marta, the sister of the dead man, said to Yeshua, “By now his body must smell, for it has been four days since he died!” Yeshua said to her, “Didn’t I tell you that if you keep trusting, you will see the glory of God?” So they removed the stone. Yeshua looked upward and said, “Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I myself know that you always hear me, but I say this because of the crowd standing around, so that they may believe that you have sent me.” Having said this, he shouted, “El‘azar! Come out!” The man who had been dead came out, his hands and feet wrapped in strips of linen and his face covered with a cloth. Yeshua said to them, “Unwrap him, and let him go!”

"Yes, indeed! I tell you that there is coming a time — in fact, it’s already here — when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who listen will come to life."

"But if it has been proclaimed that the Messiah has been raised from the dead, how is it that some of you are saying there is no such thing as a resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then the Messiah has not been raised; and if the Messiah has not been raised, then what we have proclaimed is in vain; also your trust is in vain; furthermore, we are shown up as false witnesses for God in having testified that God raised up the Messiah, whom he did not raise if it is true that the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then the Messiah has not been raised either; and if the Messiah has not been raised, your trust is useless, and you are still in your sins."

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,848.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So after resurrection we all die again?

How many times do we have to die, and how many resurrections?

In the first place, how many people you know around you are resurrected?

There is a final resurrection described by Paul in 1 Cor 15:52, that is when death is finally put at the feet of Christ, and all of us.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you think that Jesus needed corruptible food in order to survive?

If so, then you must think that He still needs corruptible food in heaven in order to survive.

Reminder: Lazarus was not the first that Jesus raised to life.
I was pointing out Jesus did not need incorruptible food. Why do you make that claim?

Was the boy in his grave?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟123,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In the first place, how many people you know around you are resurrected?

There is a final resurrection described by Paul in 1 Cor 15:52, that is when death is finally put at the feet of Christ, and all of us.
I have loved ones in Paradise.

All those around me now are living in dead corruptible bodies.

Which one is the final one:

"But each in his own order: the Messiah is the firstfruits; then those who belong to the Messiah, at the time of his coming; then the culmination, when he hands over the Kingdom to God the Father, after having put an end to every rulership, yes, to every authority and power."

Paul mentions 3 times. Which one is the final one? When is the kingdom handed over?

Upvote 0