Beijing China
✟170,231.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Ruth 1:2 And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife Naomi, and the name of his two sons Mahlon and Chilion, Ephrathites of Bethlehemjudah. And they came into the country of Moab, and continued there.

Mark 2:26 How he(David) went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
According to Jewish tradition, the first child of Boaz and Ruth should belong to Ruth's deceased husband. So David was a king of priest?

Matthew 1:5-6 And Salmon begat Boaz of Rachab; and Boaz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; And Jesse begat David the king;

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ruth 1:2 And the name of the man was Elimelech, and the name of his wife Naomi, and the name of his two sons Mahlon and Chilion, Ephrathites of Bethlehemjudah. And they came into the country of Moab, and continued there.

Mark 2:26 How he(David) went into the house of God in the days of Abiathar the high priest, and did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests, and gave also to them which were with him?
According to Jewish tradition, the first child of Boaz and Ruth should belong to Ruth's deceased husband. So David was a king of priest?

Matthew 1:5-6 And Salmon begat Boaz of Rachab; and Boaz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse; And Jesse begat David the king;

I don't know why you have a question about that. "Epaphathites of Bethlehemjudah" points to descendancy from Judah, not Levi. The fact that Elimelech migrated to Moab points to him not being a Levite (he would have had necessary Levitical duties to perform in Israel). What do you think points to Elimelech being a Levite?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,473,800.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
King David did eat the shewbread, which is not lawful to eat but for the priests. Is this proof that David(A preview of the Messiah) has both the identity of a king and a priest?

Go back to the original OT scripture in 1 Samuel 21.
So David said to Ahimelech the priest, “The king has ordered me on some business, and said to me, ‘Do not let anyone know anything about the business on which I send you, or what I have commanded you.’ And I have directed my young men to such and such a place. Now therefore, what have you on hand? Give me five loaves of bread in my hand, or whatever can be found.”

And the priest answered David and said, “There is no common bread on hand; but there is holy bread, if the young men have at least kept themselves from women.”

Then David answered the priest, and said to him, “Be assured, women have been denied to us as previously when I left. And the vessels of the young men are holy, and the bread is in effect common, even though it was consecrated in the vessel this day.”

So the priest gave him holy bread; for there was no bread there but the showbread which had been taken from before the Lord, in order to put hot bread in its place on the day when it was taken away.

David and his men (who were also not Levites) were given a special dispensation to eat the old showbread that had already been removed from the Lord's Presence and replaced by new showbread. Even then, it required that David and his men be "consecreated vessels," having not had sexual intercourse recently.

Something else of note here: It was David's command that soldiers during war not have sexual relations. That is why Uriah the Hittite (who had been one of David's mighty men during that time) did not go in to Bathsheba. He certainly knew David's command, and may have thought David was testing him.

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,231.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
1Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

How many Christians can be called "Royal Priesthood"? By what way to become Royal Priesthood?

Upvote 0