Was Peter a member of the Body of Christ.

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Was Peter included in the Gospel of Grace.

If he was not, no one is.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Romans 12:2…be transformed…
Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I would have to think so.

Matthew 16:16-17 “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟516,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes he was a member of the Body of Christ and he was an apostle of the Gospel. Wondering why you ask? Does he puzzle you? His character?

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Did Peter ask bizzare open ended questions?

Did Peter continually imply things that don't line up with scripture without backing them up?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,875.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

A very good question nobody bothers or too scared to ask.

Jesus first tested Peter about denying Him and Peter failed.

And then Jesus again tested Peter in John 21 of his love for Him. Whether Peter failed this again, is up to the readers of the Bible.....

We know all Christians are biased towards assuming Peter no longer made any big mistakes. But did he or did he not?

I cannot give the details of the events, and signs and prophecies (all in the Bible) confirming whether Peter made a fatal mistake or not for the notion violates the established doctrines of mainstream Christianity.

As a wild dog that is wounded. But can you patch its wounds to heal it? It could bite back for it only sees you as the enemy, never the rescuer.

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟13,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A very good question nobody bothers or too scared to ask.

Jesus first tested Peter about denying Him and Peter failed.

And then Jesus again tested Peter in John 21 of his love for Him. Whether Peter failed this again, is up to the readers of the Bible.....

We know all Christians are biased towards assuming Peter no longer made any big mistakes. But did he or did he not?

I cannot give the details of the events, and signs and prophecies (all in the Bible) confirming whether Peter made a fatal mistake or not for the notion violates the established doctrines of mainstream Christianity.

As a wild dog that is wounded. But can you patch its wounds to heal it? It could bite back for it only sees you as the enemy, never the rescuer.

I appreciate your comment.

What we believe and traditions always gets us into trouble. I was the same way.

We have to trust the written Word of God rather then our understanding.

Galatians 2:9 King James Version
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Paul was given The Gospel of Grace but not to Peter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigger45

Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

7 But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

No that is just saying because Paul wasn’t part of the original 12 that he is being recognized that he too is included also.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟516,876.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you saying here that Peter was not an Apostle? Think you are wrong in this comment.

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟13,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No that is just saying because Paul wasn’t part of the original 12 that he is being recognized that he too is included also.

Peter continue preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom

Paul was given the gospel of Grace

Acts 20:24-25 King James Version
But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,264,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.
Paul also taught the kingdom of God. Acts 28:30-31

The only distinction being made is Paul’s primary assignment was to the uncircumcised/Gentiles.

• Agree
Reactions: Nancy Hale
Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟13,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Grace for what?

If you believe Jesus Died and is resurrected and at the right hand of the Father you will be saved.
this is faith
Ephesians 2:8 King James Version
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟13,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure that I understand the question. Maybe if you rephrase it.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

“May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.” [2 Peter 1:2]

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If you believe Jesus Died and is resurrected and at the right hand of the Father you will be saved.
this is faith
Ephesians 2:8 King James Version
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I didn't ask for the definition of faith. I asked what the grace is for?

Upvote 0

rhern

Jan 31, 2020
MANCHESTER
✟13,492.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure that I understand the question. Maybe if you rephrase it.

What is the Gospel?

Matthew Mark Luke and John

A major part of Christians in the U.S. base there belief in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

Their whole premise and doctrinal belief is in the 2nd chapter of Acts:

The Day of Pentecost.

I dare say 90% of American churches teach this, endlessly.

So are they Jews or members of the Body Of Christ?

Acts 3:25 says these are the Jews. ..

25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Their statement of Faith is John 3:16.

Ephesian 2:
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

==Because of His Shed Blood, salvation is offer to all races, All Gentiles.

==By Believing Jesus is at the right hand of the Father, you will be saved from the wrath of God.

Upvote 0