Was once in Homosexual relationship. Now what?

ChristanBoy69

Sep 25, 2018
Köln
✟246.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello christian forums.
When I was in my early 20's I was in a homosexual relationship with another man.
It was a sexual relationship. We did horrible things.
But that life is long past me. I have moved on from that.
My question is, can I still go to heaven? Am I still a good human being?

-ChristianBoy

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello christian forums.
When I was in my early 20's I was in a homosexual relationship with another man.

-ChristianBoy

Is there a reason you believe that a person who repents still
can't inherit the kingdom of God?

Good human...No one good except God... the rest of us be
depending upon the Lord and the righteousness he imparts
to us who be born again/saved.

• Agree
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was in a homosexual relationship with another man.

Many have committed that sin, repented, now trust in Christ and will be in Heaven.

Only one was 100% good.
On my best days
I'm not that good.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Willie T
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
My question is, can I still go to heaven?

Hi ChristianBoy69 and welcome to CF! The answer to you question is found in Romans 3:22,

22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

What must I do to be saved?

1) Realize that you’re are a sinner. (Romans 3:23, 5:12; 1 John 1:10)

2) Change your mind about Jesus (repent).
  • Jesus said: “…unless you repent (have a change of mind that results in a change of action), you will all perish and be lost eternally. (Luke 13:5)
  • …now God charges all people everywhere to repent. (Acts 17:30)
3) Believe the Gospel, that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
  • We are made right in God’s sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in the same way, no matter who we are or what we have done. For God sent Jesus to take the punishment for our sins and to satisfy God’s anger against us. We are made right with God when we believe that Jesus shed His blood, sacrificing His Life for us. (Romans 3:22, 25)
  • For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)
4) Go to God in prayer, confessing Jesus as Lord and your need for forgiveness of your sins. Give your life to Jesus, making Him the Lord of your life.
  • For it is believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. (Romans 10:10)
  • For anyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.(Romans 10:13)

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello christian forums.

-ChristianBoy

The past is the past. It is what we do with the current day that counts. None of us are sinless. I even fail some times today. As an example, I am married so you would think I would not have trouble in the whole sexual area. However from time to time I seem to get overcome with the sin of pulling the sausage. When this happens I feel bad and dirty. But I don't let it get me down. I press on claiming the blood of Jesus as the covering for my sin. I try not to sin again, but if I do, I claim Christs forgiveness, I claim I am clean, holy, and washed, with no guilt, and no condemnation. What ever happens in your life move on, see yourself as clean, holy, because that is how God sees you in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello christian forums.

Yes, of course you can still go to heaven. Why do you want to go to heaven? Just to escape hell? God won't let you in to His dwelling place if this is your sole or primary motivation for wanting to be there. Heaven is the reward for those who love God wholeheartedly. It is because God is in heaven that heaven is heavenly, you see. It is God that is the Main Attraction of heaven - or should be, not mansions of gold, or family, or pleasant scenery.

You haven't ever been a good person, though. No one ever has been. This is one of the "hard truths" of the Gospel.

Romans 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

So long as you think of yourself as a "good person," you cannot enter into God's kingdom. Only those who recognize that they are the wicked sinners God says they are will stoop low enough to pass through the Narrow Gate that leads to life eternal.

James 4:8-10
8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double minded.
9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Upvote 0