Was National Stockpile Website Edited After Jared Kushner’s Comments?

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was National Stockpile Website Edited After Jared Kushner's Comments?
On April 2, 2020, U.S. President Donald Trump’s senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner told reporters that the Strategic National Stockpile was “our stockpile,” meaning the U.S. government’s, and that it wasn’t “supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use.” This seemed to contradict the description of the stockpile on the government’s own Public Health Emergency website.

At least it did for a time. Shortly after Kushner made this remark, the text on this government website was changed.
I'm reminded of a quote from Dr.Who:
“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common, they don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views, which can be uncomfortable, if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
tulc( :sigh: )

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
BB12hapH.img

Was National Stockpile Website Edited After Jared Kushner’s Comments?

Kushner is only responsible for the Trump Administration's response to COVID-19 on Thursdays - there appears to be a different "face" of the White House Committee for every day of the week!

It would appear that this President's ego prevents him from delegating authority for the federal government's response to a Coronavirus Czar, under a Trump Administration only one individual will receive star billing!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What will be interesting after all this is over? Is the conversation that states will have about the condition of their own stockpile, and how that will change in the future. I don't think most people realized each state was to have their own until now. Although, I can understand why too. Not to many people saw this type of crisis hit the world. The entire Globe will be paying attention to their own stockpiles, and I can see many countries moving more manufacturing back to their countries too.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
What will be interesting after all this is over? Is the conversation that states will have about the condition of their own stockpile, and how that will change in the future. I don't think most people realized each state was to have their own until now. Although, I can understand why too. Not to many people saw this type of crisis hit the world. The entire Globe will be paying attention to their own stockpiles, and I can see many countries moving more manufacturing back to their countries too.
The Governors weren't receiving the same intelligence briefings and advice concerning the virus that this President had been receiving for months - everywhere, except in "Trumpworld," advanced information comes with the responsibility to do something about it!

Given that this President has demanded that the states are now expected to compete for scarce resources, the irony is that Trump's voting base is concentrated in America's smaller. poorer, rural jurisdictions that don't have the financial resources to compete against New York, California and Illinois!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Governors weren't receiving the same intelligence briefings and advice concerning the virus that this President had been receiving for months - everywhere, except in "Trumpworld," advanced information comes with the responsibility to do something about it!

Given that this President has demanded that the states are now expected to compete for scarce resources, the irony is that Trump's voting base is concentrated in America's smaller. poorer, rural jurisdictions that don't have the financial resources to compete against New York, California and Illinois!

Well, everyone keeps saying he knew this and when of course. We can speculate the daylights out of it. That really has nothing to do with what I said though.

Governor's don't need briefings for a state responsibility to keep a stockpile up to date for this type of thing. It's suppose to be there regardless. It's part of their responsibility, and NOT reliant on the Fed's briefings or speculation of knowing anything. It just is.

As I said I can understand if you have some major project that needs the funds ASAP compared to purchasing ventilators - using our current example - for something that may never happen? You are going to spend it on the emergency project at hand, and take that risk. Our current time may change that prospective, because no one saw it coming. I'm NOT laying blame here, but speaking of what happens in every state. I may very well take that risk to if the need is current, but it is still their responsibility nonetheless. They can't escape it, but people do love to be the Monday Morning Quarterback!

New York - if we must go there - isn't one of the smaller, poorer rural jurisdictions you speak about. They also didn't keep their stockpile complete, and the federal government gave them everything they needed that they couldn't get themselves. They got supplies, hospitals, staffing, a ship, etc. Do I think NY would have still been short handed given the crisis if their stockpile was fill to the brim? Yes, but maybe not as much. That is when the Federal stockpile is suppose to kick in. It won't always happen that way, and in this instance it did. Why? No doubt NY had bigger fish to fry, because WHO in their wildest dreams would have dreamed up this crisis? If you have a bigger project that needs to be addressed in your state compared to buying ventilators that may never be used? Your going to choose the project. It is what it is. Yet, that may change due to this awful happening. People will demand it now. Most people had no idea, but the government did. They had to make a choice, and they did. I may have done the same thing. Anyone could have.

The briefings when listen to staff - not Trump - are in contact with all areas including rural. We retired to a rural area within the last 2 years, and just this week we had 3 people in our county that got it. 30 or so were tested and didn't. None of them are in the hospital thank goodness, and when the local hospital was interviewed? Their stock was the first thing they spoke about, and the leads - contact with the Feds, etc. They were going to close our hospital like many rural ones, but we choose to raise taxes to keep it open. We aren't as far as many others have to travel, but we are about 1 hour away from the next one. We also have a helicopter service we pay for in emergencies if they need to be flown out to a major hospital.

Upvote 0