Was Miller a False Prophet/Teacher?

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, as far as for me, personally...…...again, please do not think I am arguing because I am not, but "I" knew that Trump was not a slick, smooth talking politician.

He IMO has turned out to be exactly what he said he was...…"A deal maker".

He has shown us that he is a BUSINESS MAN who has actually done what he said he was going to do so the fault is not with him but US.

The difference I see is that he cannot keep his big mouth shut and his personal opinions to himself like Obama did and what we see and here from him is right out in the open.

The economy is booming.
Taxes are down.
Unemployment is down.
Personal income is up.
GDP is up to 4.2% which is unheard of.
Dow Jones has doubled.

IF He could just keep his mouth shut I have a feeling that a lot more people would like him.

The best thing IMO that could happen is for his advisors to take away his cell phone and throw it in the Potomac River.

I agree with you on all your points except the Dow Jones Index. At his inauguration the Dow Jones index stood at approximately 16,500 and as of the past few months it has been hovering around 26,000. Although it is obviously a very substantial gain it is not double.

The implications of the changes to the tax code on business, although overall positive, have created quite a few distortions in the market such that some companies have greatly benefited form the changes, but others have been seriously hindered. A good friend of mine just lost his job, along with half of the other employees of his section of a company, because of the changes in the tax code. My friend will face a great challenge in finding another job with so many people laid off in his industry.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with you on all your points except the Dow Jones Index. At his inauguration the Dow Jones index stood at approximately 16,500 and as of the past few months it has been hovering around 26,000. Although it is obviously a very substantial gain it is not double.

The implications of the changes to the tax code on business, although overall positive, have created quite a few distortions in the market such that some companies have greatly benefited form the changes, but others have been seriously hindered. A good friend of mine just lost his job, along with half of the other employees of his section of a company, because of the changes in the tax code. My friend will face a great challenge in finding another job with so many people laid off in his industry.

You are correct. I was just guessing without looking.

With every change that is good there will always be an exception I am afraid.

But as Mr. Spock said once, "the good of the many outweigh the good of the one"...……..
(unless of course YOU are the "one".)

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The same argument can be said about claiming we are in the last days

Not so IMO.

IN the Last Days of course refers to a period of general time.

The phrase “last days” is used 5 times in the New Testament and covers everything from the entire Church Age to the Great Tribulation.

When anyone uses a "SPECIFIC date in time, such as March 1, 2020, then he has ADDED to the Scriptures something which was never there.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟362,270.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Not so IMO.

IN the Last Days of course refers to a period of general time.

The phrase “last days” is used 5 times in the New Testament and covers everything from the entire Church Age to the Great Tribulation.

When anyone uses a "SPECIFIC date in time, such as March 1, 2020, then he has ADDED to the Scriptures something which was never there.

This is precisely what Mr. Miller and multitudes of other false prophets have done.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is precisely what Mr. Miller and multitudes of other false prophets have done.

Agreed.

A couple of things going on here and Christians all over the world do not seem to be ale to grasp this.

#1. When a "Prophet" says something that does not come to pass as he said it would,
he is to be stoned.

Deut. 18:20...…..
‘But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet shall die."

Now the question must always be...….was God joking or lying or telling the truth when He said those words????

If prophets can falsely prophesy and still remain legitimate, how do we determine who is a false prophet? Well you can’t, and that’s the point of this whole mushugana deal they are pawning off to the church.

Lets think this through, If prophets are able to make “mistakes” how can we know what is written by the prophets that is still future is not a mistake? If one does not need 100% accuracy in prophecy and can be wrong, how do we know what was the right prophecy and what was the wrong one? Then it is up to us to choose. As you can see this fail logically as well as Biblically

#2. there IS no office today of the Apostle or the Prophet today.

There are those who claim to be apostles and prophets by their own word. Others claim it by showing their signs, wonders and miracles. This so-called signs and wonders movement is part of an effort to restore what they understood to be the five-fold ministry described in Ephesians 4:11. The proliferators of the movement claim that these dynamics are what is necessary for the church to have power. In actuality, those who lay claim to this ministry today are operating under a misunderstanding of apostles and prophets of the Bible. The Lord confirmed His signs to the apostles' words to show a transition of authority from Israel and its priesthood to the apostles who were laying down the foundation for the church, a new entity. This unique anointing testified to Israel and to the gentiles a new order of leadership, the demonstration of spiritual authority was transferred to the church Christ body. Becoming aware of what the Bible says about these positions in the early church can help us guard against misleading teachings in the church today. http://www.letusreason.org/Pent1.htm

Upvote 0

Bloke

Sep 21, 2018
South Otago
✟8,262.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Re worshiping on the 1st day of the week being the mark of the beast.

Matthew 28 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Has Risen

“28 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.”

The woman worshiped Jesus on the 1st day of the week.

Jesus did not rebuke them and tell them that because they had worshiped Him on the 1st day of the week they had just received the mark of the beast and would have God’s wrath come upon and be tormented for all eternity.

Blessings

Reactions: MarleneJ
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Re worshiping on the 1st day of the week being the mark of the beast.

Matthew 28 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Has Risen

“28 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

8 So the women hurried away from the tomb, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell his disciples. 9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.”

The woman worshiped Jesus on the 1st day of the week.

Jesus did not rebuke them and tell them that because they had worshiped Him on the 1st day of the week they had just received the mark of the beast and would have God’s wrath come upon and be tormented for all eternity.

Blessings

The worship on the 1st day of the week as being the mark of the beast is a 7th Day Advantist teaching.

If you are one of those people who go to Church on Sunday, according to the majority of 7th day Adventists (official teachings) you are worshiping the Beast with his mark.

This has been their position from their inception and it has not changed except in personal opinions. “Sunday-keeping is an institution of the first beast, and ALL who submit to obey this institution emphatically worship the first beast and receive his mark, 'the mark of the beast.' .... Those who worship the beast and his image by observing the first day are certainly idolaters, as were the worshippers of the golden calf.”(Advent Review Extra, pages 10 and 11, August, 1850 (as quoted in “Seventh-day Adventism Renounced” by D.M. Canright, 1914)

Upvote 0