Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As I understand, Jesus Christ = YAHWEH. It is the name of the triune God. But it is also the name of the Son of Man we call Jesus Christ.

More accurately, YAHWEH is the name of the triune God.

God the Son (the Logos), who became incarnate as the man Jesus Christ, is the Second Person of the Trinity, and hence is YAHWEH (along with the Father and the Holy Spirit).

• Agree
Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

RichardY

Holotheist. Whig. Monarchical Modalism.
Apr 11, 2019
Spalding
✟16,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@Carl Emerson
"I kept them in thy name"
To sign them, In the Book of Life.

The Father(Time - cognition), The Son (Objectivity, Logos made Flesh), The Holy Ghost(Space - Unbound Telesis).

Monarchical Modalism(Sabellism); although heresy in all major churches as I understand it.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the responses.

Further to this, I want to mention that because the Father and Son are titles - this in our minds implies subordination - this is not an accurate or helpful portrayal of the Godhead and holding this concept can limit your faith. The fullness of God exists equally in all three persons of the trinity.

Second question is what happened to the Prophesy "and they shall call His name "Immanuel"
Who called Him this name and when?

• Winner
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

PizzaAddict

Jun 23, 2019
Krakow
✟11,331.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Answer : Yah

Psalm 68:4-5 King James Version (KJV)
4 Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him.

5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

Jesus came in his father's name and was called Yahoshua which means "Yah is salvation"/"Yah saves " so he came in his Father's name simple.

Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
OK then why is it considered heretical to call the Father's name Jesus? (or Yahoshua as you prefer)

It is considered heretical by the biblically illiterate.

Romans 10:1-13 and Isaiah 9:6 leave no doubt to the answer to your question within the question.

People that permanently condescend Christ in doctrine participate in a form of Arianism.

These people forget that Jesus is literally the Highest name in Scripture... and that Jesus spoke to Paul on the road to Damascus in a very “Specific Way”... that a Jew would understand to mean only one thing.

Paul and John are unapologetic in their Apology of the Identity Of God the Son, The Son Of God.

There is the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit... and the Father sent the Son Who sent the Holy Spirit....

The God Head is very real... and sincere... and in this same Light (Colossians 2:8-9)

:)

This is my opinion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
OK then why is it considered heretical to call the Father's name Jesus? (or Yahoshua as you prefer)

Because Jesus is only the name of the Son, it's the name He was given in the Incarnation,

"And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus." - Luke 1:31

The Father's name, which Jesus shows forth, is that His Father is His Father. Christ came to make the Father known. Jesus has brought glory to His Father.

As others have pointed out, "name" very often refers to character and reputation.

“I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world."
"And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one."
"I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

All of these statements are made in the context of Jesus as the One whom God has sent, as the Word made flesh, the One who makes the Father known,

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him." ... "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?" (John 14:6-7, 9)

Jesus shows us the Father, has shown us the Father's name--that He is our heavenly and loving Abba, Father, whom we have known through Christ, His only-begotten Son. Christ alone and uniquely can show us the Father, because He alone and uniquely has known Him as His Father from all eternity.

"Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his hypostasis," (Hebrews 1:1)

God has been known by many names and titles throughout history. But the way we know God in Jesus is as Father. Only the Son could show us this, because He alone has known Him as His eternal Origin and Source; as the eternal, only-begotten of the Father, now made flesh for us men and our salvation.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because Jesus is only the name of the Son, it's the name He was given in the Incarnation,

"And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus." - Luke 1:31

The Father's name, which Jesus shows forth, is that His Father is His Father. Christ came to make the Father known. Jesus has brought glory to His Father.

As others have pointed out, "name" very often refers to character and reputation.

“I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world."
"And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one."
"I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

All of these statements are made in the context of Jesus as the One whom God has sent, as the Word made flesh, the One who makes the Father known,

"I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him." ... "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?" (John 14:6-7, 9)

Jesus shows us the Father, has shown us the Father's name--that He is our heavenly and loving Abba, Father, whom we have known through Christ, His only-begotten Son. Christ alone and uniquely can show us the Father, because He alone and uniquely has known Him as His Father from all eternity.

"Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world. He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his hypostasis," (Hebrews 1:1)

God has been known by many names and titles throughout history. But the way we know God in Jesus is as Father. Only the Son could show us this, because He alone has known Him as His eternal Origin and Source; as the eternal, only-begotten of the Father, now made flesh for us men and our salvation.

-CryptoLutheran

Which Person of the Godhead is speaking in this verse? (Isaiah 43:11)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Which Person of the Godhead is speaking in this verse? (Isaiah 43:11)

That is probably an impossible question to answer; additionally, is there any reason to think only one of the Divine Persons is speaking?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
That is probably an impossible question to answer; additionally, is there any reason to think only one of the Divine Persons is speaking?

-CryptoLutheran

The answer is given in Isaiah... the very book this verse is found in. Isaiah 63:16

Do you disagree?

giphy.gif

Psalms 90:2

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It is considered heretical by the biblically illiterate.

Romans 10:1-13 and Isaiah 9:6 leave no doubt to the answer to your question within the question.

People that permanently condescend Christ in doctrine participate in a form of Arianism.

These people forget that Jesus is literally the Highest name in Scripture... and that Jesus spoke to Paul on the road to Damascus in a very “Specific Way”... that a Jew would understand to mean only one thing.

Paul and John are unapologetic in their Apology of the Identity Of God the Son, The Son Of God.

There is the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit... and the Father sent the Son Who sent the Holy Spirit....

The God Head is very real... and sincere... and in this same Light (Colossians 2:8-9)

:)

This is my opinion.

The problem, and the reason why attributing the name of Jesus to the Trinity broadly is that it intimates a Sabellian perspective.

The name "Jesus", in Scripture, is identified only with the eternal Son who became man. It is the name which is above every other name because of the One whose name it is: He who is both God and Man in perfect union, Jesus Christ, the eternal and only-begotten Son of the Father from before all ages, and in these last days the offspring of Mary the God-bearer.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The answer is given in Isaiah... the very book this verse is found in. Isaiah 63:16

Do you disagree?

giphy.gif

Psalms 90:2

God can be a father in many ways. But God's generic paternity as the Maker of all things, or as the King of Israel is a very different thing than His being the Father of Jesus Christ.

Even the trees of the forest could call God father on account of His being the almighty maker of all things.

But only those who have received sonship in Christ, adoption as children by God's grace, can know God the way Jesus makes God known, as the loving and kind Abba.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The problem, and the reason why attributing the name of Jesus to the Trinity broadly is that it intimates a Sabellian perspective.

The name "Jesus", in Scripture, is identified only with the eternal Son who became man. It is the name which is above every other name because of the One whose name it is: He who is both God and Man in perfect union, Jesus Christ, the eternal and only-begotten Son of the Father from before all ages, and in these last days the offspring of Mary the God-bearer.

-CryptoLutheran

There is most definitely the FATHER... and He is not the Son or Holy Ghost.
There is most definitely the Son... and He is not the Father or the Holy Ghost.
There is most definitely the Holy Ghost... and He is not the Father or the Son.

Yet Deuteronomy 6:4

All of the titles of heresy are there as doctrines of men. It is crucial to understand what (Tetragramaton is our Salvation... really means!)

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God can be a father in many ways. But God's generic paternity as the Maker of all things, or as the King of Israel is a very different thing than His being the Father of Jesus Christ.

Even the trees of the forest could call God father on account of His being the almighty maker of all things.

But only those who have received sonship in Christ, adoption as children by God's grace, can know God the way Jesus makes God known, as the loving and kind Abba.

-CryptoLutheran

Oneness Pentecostals are wrong...

Yet... I assure you... Semi-Arianism has infested and blinded much of even orthodoxy.

I just quoted Isaiah 43:11 ... haven't even quoted Isaiah 9:6, yet ... and Isaiah 63:16 marks which person of the GodHead is speaking... and I haven't even brought the bam with Moses.

I hold myself to scriptural assertion far above the opinions of mankind. Label me a heretic. I'm all in. I haven't even asserted what is discovered in Exodus!

Oh... there are three persons, of the Trinity... and OH YES... I can proof this beyond a shadow of a doubt. I can go further and show how Satan mocks this in modern "Spiritualism"....

I can proof that God is 3, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

I can line up with all orthodox doctrine... but... if I'm debating Arians... which I have done for more of my life than I am really pleased with... I can blow the doors off of both sides.

I know what semi-arianism is... and I know how it impacts doctrine... from the telescope analogy... I've witnessed it first hand! I've seen scriptures trashed, I've been removed from sites... only to see Forcible Scripture rejected due to the writings of extra biblical men!

Paul would be outed from 100% of theological communities for the implications of Romans 10:1-13!

I can show a Jehovah's witness, through their translation WHO HE IS (John 8:24)... Binding Romans 10:9 to Romans 10:13 ...

Check out what Romans 10:13 says, by interlinear and greek to English. If you can contest it... ask yourself why it's there.

The Father is not the Son. The Son is not the Father... and so on and so forth... but there is something that is ignored.

All blessings in Jesus Christ to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟85,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

-CryptoLutheran

It's even in your Holy Spirit taught words that you have written here!

What are your "EYES" a LAMP to?

Upvote 0