United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You deny his divinity if you say so.
I don't know about that. If you believe He was fully man, and fully God, there's room to believe that as fully man, he was just a normal kid growing up. This could go a lot deeper than I'm usually comfortable with, but I've read some scholars express that opinion.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about that. If you believe He was fully man, and fully God, there's room to believe that as fully man, he was just a normal kid growing up. This could go a lot deeper than I'm usually comfortable with, but I've read some scholars express that opinion.
No, He was fully aware of His own Divinity.
The Traditional Catholic understanding of the human person, is that the human person is divided into three parts; mind, will, and body. (With it's passions or emotions.) When Christ became incarnate, His mind and will became fully united with His Divinity, while His body took a bit longer to Divinize, because God doesn't have a body. So intellectually, He knew He was God. Now neurologically there is a bit of disconnect, because the human brain take awhile to develop, but even as a child Our Lord was fully enlightened by His Divine intellect, there would just be a few areas of knowledge, He wouldn't be able to comprehend because those areas of the brain weren't developed yet.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This is the thing I raved about last summer at that bad parish, neo-nestorianism.

Oh and by the way, modernists distort the Nestorian crisis like you won't believe, it's stunning, and embarrassing considering not even secular historians believe it!

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Catholic scholars and doctors of the Church, or a message board poster? Hmm that's a tough one.
What Doctor of the Church denied this!?! This is sound Traditional Catholic Theology!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
As the article says we get into a point of Pius Opinion when we discuss how much of the divine knowledge He accessed while on earth. This is different from understanding the fullness of His mission. So Christ had the perfect fullness of what a human mind can know on these matters...He did not need to be taught any of it.

This doesn’t mean Christ’s human mind knows everything his divine mind does: it is a legitimately disputed question, for example, whether Christ’s human nature enjoyed the beatific vision of the divine while he walked this earth. No human mind can know the infinite truth that the divine mind knows because every human mind is limited. So even if Christ’s human nature participated in the beatific vision in a perfect way, his human mind could still not contain the fullness of infinite truth known to the divine mind.

But this is a separate matter: the human mind can fully understand Christ’s mission, and Christ never lacked this knowledge. As the Catechism (CCC 473) says, “The knowledge of Christ’s human nature expressed the divine life of his person” and was manifest in those many Gospel passages where a) Christ reveals an intimate knowledge of God; and b) is able to penetrate into the secret thoughts of human hearts.

But what is not in dispute is that as far as the core Truth that is contained in Himself and the scope of His mission...he did not need others to teach him. That is why the woman at the well somehow enlightening Christ as to facets of His mission is not in line with our Dogma. Again from the article and the Catechism:

The Catechism thus asserts: “Christ enjoyed in his human knowledge the fullness of understanding of the eternal plans he had come to reveal”. That is, Christ’s human knowledge knew everything that pertained to the eternal plans of his divine nature – plans he shared with the other two Divine Persons: the Father and the Holy Spirit. And when he does not reveal anything with regard to those plans (such as the time and date of his return), it’s not because he is ignorant but only because he is not meant to reveal them (CCC 474).

Upvote 0