Was Jesus Christ present at the Council of Nicea?

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jhn 20:23 - “If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Do you do that? Do you absolve people of their sins? Do you withhold absolution? What criteria do you use?

According to the criteria set by the Bible.

Forgive and it will be forgiven you, with the same measure you measure it will be measured unto you. Mark 4:24

copyChkboxOff.gif
Act 8:17 - Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.

Do you lay hands on people so they receive the Holy Spirit?

No, but I received the Holy Spirit upon my acceptance of salvation and my confession of faith, so I have to admit I don't understand that much..

So I rather think it's not mine to know. At least now.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Nicene Creed came about through a majority vote of the bishops present. We have a bible because a majority of bishops voted on the canon.

I rather thought it was because God told them it was His written Word.. (minus the apocrypha anyway..)

That's what He told me, so if He told me I figure He told them too..

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I rather thought it was because God told them it was His written Word.. (minus the apocrypha anyway..)

That's what He told me, so if He told me I figure He told them too..

A majority of bishops at the Synod of Hippo voted the Christian canon into being. That included "the apocrypha" which was only removed by a number of protestants, finally, about 100 years.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A majority of bishops at the Synod of Hippo voted the Christian canon into being. That included "the apocrypha" which was only removed by a number of protestants, finally, about 100 years.

Yeah, I know. It doesn't make the apocrypha into scripture, or in any way authoritative.

Im not Catholic, I don't believe in bodies which think they are a law unto themselves. We have an authority over us.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I know. It doesn't make the apocrypha into scripture, or in any way authoritative.

Im not Catholic, I don't believe in bodies which think they are a law unto themselves. We have an authority over us.

I'm not catholic either. But I know that Jesus left his apostles to guide the church. They chose their successors and gave them their authority.

Those successors went on to define Christian doctrine in the face of heresies and persecution, and decided what is and is not Christian scripture. And there is no one with the authority to change any of those decisions.

Upvote 0