Was it really about the snow? Conversation with my lady...

Was it really about the snow?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

AlohaJoshua

Apr 29, 2016
Earth
✟5,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't fit into any of the CF relationship statuses at the moment, so I'm hoping I can get some answers here.

I have a female friend who is my best friend and we are not officially in a romantic relationship but we are close.

Anyway the day before Christmas eve I feel God say to me to lay down the relationship at the foot of the cross. 4 times He spoke to me about death and resurrection. So I do, and feel I was to go quiet and not respond to her emails (there is a reason for this).

So I do go quiet. On Christmas eve she emails me and says:

"Something wrong?"

I don't reply because I want to obey God and trust Him with what He is doing.

So the next day I'm struggling in not responding and a promise I had made to her to not disappear on her and to hold her hand as she's walking through some stuff in her life. I say to God He's going to have to do it another way and that I can't break my promise to her.

Later on Christmas day I reply to her:

"Everything's fine, God was just doing some stuff in me."

She replies:

"I don't think everything was fine."

Our conversation over the next week is all back to normal and seemingly going well.

Today she tried pushing me away and saying we're just friends. I challenged her over that knowing it not to be the truth. She responds:

"I knew there had been some snow and was worried you had got into a wreck."

Given her response of "I don't think everything was fine." and her giving me the silent treatment for a while on that, I know in my heart it wasn't about the snow.

Why would she deny her love for me when I can see it through the non verbal communication, as well as the things she both says and does, and the things she omits? I know she loves me, but why is she denying both to herself and me that she loves me?

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't fit into any of the CF relationship statuses at the moment, so I'm hoping I can get some answers here.

I have a female friend who is my best friend and we are not officially in a romantic relationship but we are close.

Anyway the day before Christmas eve I feel God say to me to lay down the relationship at the foot of the cross. 4 times He spoke to me about death and resurrection. So I do, and feel I was to go quiet and not respond to her emails (there is a reason for this).

"Something wrong?"

So the next day I'm struggling in not responding and a promise I had made to her to not disappear on her and to hold her hand as she's walking through some stuff in her life. I say to God He's going to have to do it another way and that I can't break my promise to her.

She replies:

Our conversation over the next week is all back to normal and seemingly going well.

Today she tried pushing me away and saying we're just friends. I challenged her over that knowing it not to be the truth. She responds:

Given her response of "I don't think everything was fine." and her giving me the silent treatment for a while on that, I know in my heart it wasn't about the snow.

Why would she deny her love for me when I can see it through the non verbal communication, as well as the things she both says and does, and the things she omits? I know she loves me, but why is she denying both to herself and me that she loves me?
You didn't respond to her emails; and now she doesn't respond to yours; and you think there's something wrong.

It's good, as we pursue human friendships, to make sure about our faith relationship with the Lord Jesus which by His grace can stand the test of time if we trust Him.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

"Something wrong?"

She replies:

Sorry, we cannot answer that for you. Impossible to tell from here.

Upvote 0

AlohaJoshua

Apr 29, 2016
Earth
✟5,080.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I never said she didn't respond to my email, I said she gave me the silent treatment (for a few hours but then conversation resumed as normal a few hours later and in the week between then and today).

I said today I was talking with her about her response to me last week and she claims her question of "something wrong?" was about her being worried about me getting into a car accident.

I asked the question above in my original post given her response of "I don't think everything was okay" indicates that her question was not about being worried I'd been in a car accident due to snow but rather she was worried about our relationship/friendship.

Upvote 0