Was it fair to put Adam and Eve to the test?

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You sure are being cryptic.
I prefer being direct. Would you care to try?

Nope.
God Commanded Adam to FREELY eat from the tree of life or don't... it was up to Adam. I have never waivered or suggested anything else, it was a COMMAND to Freely eat. Not sure what your beef is with me about that, as I can not find where we disagree, except when you first claimed that our (now discovered to be shared) belief about it was not in the Bible...Glad you seem to have come around on that at least.

Now, why do you believe God commanded Adam to freely eat from the tree of Life before the fall if he wished?

Just how many bites of it's fruit do you suppose it would take to secure "eternal life" form that tree?
Does one have to keep eating from it or is one bite sufficient for all eternity?

Would Adam have lived forever if He never at from the tree of knowledge but also NEVER ate from the tree of life?
I say no. Even in his pre-fall state, Adam NEEDED the tree of life to sustain him.
What say you?
You think Adam could have survived forever without munching on that tree?

The possibilities are many, God never said Adam would live forever anyway.
God could have taken them both! Adam and Eve up as He did with Enoch.

Free Will indeed has a bright side, and we know Gods Will from Deuteronomy.
Choose Life.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Even the famous, or 'infamous' MOB might understand this - (when someone 'dies').

If a godfather told anyone 'your dead', they were as good as dead, regardless how long later it actually was done.

Adam and Chavah died when Yahweh said they died. Was there unseen consequences also - not seen by the physical or natural eyes? Certainly. The spiritual unseen is more important than what can be seen or heard in the world.

It is simply that I personally do not consider commentary, or revelation that is out side of God's Word.
From the beginning sin brought death.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever “wondered”? I love that I have the freedom to do so and even ask God about it as I do not hold any confusion from Him. As I said, “I often wonder” because the Bible says “For now we see in a mirror, dimly...”. I am always aware I can be wrong as I am still waiting on His revelation about many things.

Thanks for your input, though.

Not to be picky, the translation used in Corinthians is a poor one.

Even if a mirror is dim, we are looking at our Human reflection not Christ.

1 Corinthians 13: 12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

If you hold up a glass and look through it you get a partial view of what you are looking at.
It appears the mirror translation has confused our reflection with God, and looking in a mirrior you are looking face to face with yourself.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Even the famous, or 'infamous' MOB might understand this - (when someone 'dies').

If a godfather told anyone 'your dead', they were as good as dead, regardless how long later it actually was done.

Adam and Chavah died when Yahweh said they died. Was there unseen consequences also - not seen by the physical or natural eyes? Certainly. The spiritual unseen is more important than what can be seen or heard in the world.

Using the translation from the Torah, to refer to Eve may have mysticism implied.
(Chavah ) by definition means the mother of all life.
This would reference the Queen of Heaven, a pagan goddess that crosses cultures through time.

Jeremiah 7: 17. Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? 18. The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger. 19. Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces? 20. Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not to be picky, the translation used in Corinthians is a poor one.

Even if a mirror is dim, we are looking at our Human reflection not Christ.

1 Corinthians 13: 12. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

If you hold up a glass and look through it you get a partial view of what you are looking at.
It appears the mirror translation has confused our reflection with God, and looking in a mirrior you are looking face to face with yourself.

To be honest I meant to use where it says... Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known...
But ended up just posting the mirror part. My point was that I don’t know everything and I am growing in faith and revelation and sometimes wonder about things like everyone does. I never had a problem with Jesus about it.

Thanks for the input.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
To be honest I meant to use where it says... Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known...
But ended up just posting the mirror part. My point was that I don’t know everything and I am growing in faith and revelation and sometimes wonder about things like everyone does. I never had a problem with Jesus about it.

Thanks for the input.

We will never be the masters of God's Word.
But it is a great way to challenge our curiosity.
Most of us cannot grasp our creation, Fall and Forgiveness.
So we walk by faith.

Thank you for the kind responce.

Reactions: Job3315
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We will never be the masters of God's Word.
But it is a great way to challenge our curiosity.
Most of us cannot grasp our creation, Fall and Forgiveness.
So we walk by faith.

Thank you for the kind responce.

Thank you for your kind answer as well = )

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is simply that I personally do not consider commentary, or revelation that is out side of God's Word.
From the beginning sin brought death.
Many of your posts are outside of God's Word, whether you consider commentary or revelation or not.
This has been noted for quite some time, but I did not keep track of it nor do I care to, only to alert others when it is appropriate. Old posts and threads may not accurately reflect current belief, but current posts of yours are subject to testing, as always. Yes, mine also. They always have been.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This question popped into my grief-addled mind the other night so forgive me first of all for asking it here. Though, I am sure I'm not the first to ask it as nothing under the sun is new on Earth.

Was it fair for Adam and Eve to be put to the test?

Before consuming fruit from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, isn't it fair to say that Adam and Eve didn't have a concept of what Evil was? Was it fair of God to allow the serpent to come to Eve and put ideas into her head that would have otherwise never been there?

If Adam and Eve didn't yet know what evil was, would they have even considered disobeying God on their own had the serpent not come to them? Isn't that a bit like putting a toddler in charge of a nation and saying "Okay you know nothing of ruling or the complexities of right vs wrong or good decisions vs. bad decisions but you have to be in charge and make all the decisions around here now."?

Another question that comes to mind is why did they not die then when God came looking for them? God hides Himself from us and never reveals Himself entirely (He showed only the back of Himself to Moses) because if He did we would surely die due to our sinful nature. After that test, Adam and Eve were sinful in the eyes of the Lord. Why did they not die?
If it was not fair, God will make it fair in the end...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This question popped into my grief-addled mind the other night so forgive me first of all for asking it here. Though, I am sure I'm not the first to ask it as nothing under the sun is new on Earth.

Was it fair for Adam and Eve to be put to the test?

Before consuming fruit from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, isn't it fair to say that Adam and Eve didn't have a concept of what Evil was? Was it fair of God to allow the serpent to come to Eve and put ideas into her head that would have otherwise never been there?

If Adam and Eve didn't yet know what evil was, would they have even considered disobeying God on their own had the serpent not come to them? Isn't that a bit like putting a toddler in charge of a nation and saying "Okay you know nothing of ruling or the complexities of right vs wrong or good decisions vs. bad decisions but you have to be in charge and make all the decisions around here now."?

Another question that comes to mind is why did they not die then when God came looking for them? God hides Himself from us and never reveals Himself entirely (He showed only the back of Himself to Moses) because if He did we would surely die due to our sinful nature. After that test, Adam and Eve were sinful in the eyes of the Lord. Why did they not die?
If they did not have the desire to do or commit evil or disobey already in their hearts, they could not have been tempted to, nor would they have ever disobeyed...

The serpent might have been waiting till the time was ripe, for that desire to come to fruition by and through his tempting them...

So, do not have, and eliminate all evil and wicked desires from your/our hearts... Before they can come to fruition...

Now, the real question is: Did God the Father "make them that way"...? or cause them to be made that way...? and did God the Son know about it...?

Like I said, If it was not fair, God will make it fair in the end...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Many of your posts are outside of God's Word, whether you consider commentary or revelation or not.
This has been noted for quite some time, but I did not keep track of it nor do I care to, only to alert others when it is appropriate. Old posts and threads may not accurately reflect current belief, but current posts of yours are subject to testing, as always. Yes, mine also. They always have been.

I did not realize I was being watched so closely.
There has been friction between us for a long time, I hope we can fellowship without contentions.
My commentary on Job was taught to me by a old friend here, it pertains to the first chapter.
The conclusion is my thoughts on Pride being the root cause of man's failures.
God Bless I hope you are not offended in the future.

Upvote 0