Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was just thinking, everyone says the universe will just end with it being a cold, cold place when the surns burn out, but think about it, if everything consists of this raw energy-sort of thing, wouldn`t this thing be infinite in amount since if it`s limited amount, it wouldn`t be very logical because then what or who decided how much energy there would be? Did god himself decide how much there would be perhaps? Exactly, my thinking is that energy is infinite in amount and is always spreading in an empty void we call space, if it were limited amount something had probably to decide the amount, which isn`t very logical probably.. so is it flowing from god itself and always eternal, did he create it?

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was just thinking, everyone says the universe will just end with it being a cold, cold place when the surns burn out, but think about it, if everything consists of this raw energy-sort of thing, wouldn`t this thing be infinite in amount since if it`s limited amount, it wouldn`t be very logical because then what or who decided how much energy there would be? Did god himself decide how much there would be perhaps? Exactly, my thinking is that energy is infinite in amount and is always spreading in an empty void we call space, if it were limited amount something had probably to decide the amount, which isn`t very logical probably.. so is it flowing from god itself and always eternal, did he create it?

yes God created the universe and everything in it and He sustains it.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
yes God created the universe and everything in it and He sustains it.

Okay, I have another question, if only a mind can really be random in it`s thoughts and action, is the universe created randomly or is it.. you know, just kinda straight-forwarded?

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Okay, I have another question, if only a mind can really be random in it`s thoughts and action, is the universe created randomly or is it.. you know, just kinda straight-forwarded?
Nothing is truly random.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every truth has another truth sustaining it and everything depends on this One Great Truth - God Himself. That is why life in God is also seen as wheels within wheels. Each truth of God intersects with the other and when we have the truth of God then we have eyes to see and understand His mysteries.

Ezekiel 1:15:21
As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is what we have about Jesus and creation >

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence." (Colossians 1:15-18)

So, Jesus is "the image of God" and everything was created "for Him". And we have this >

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Romans 8:29)

So, Jesus is "the image of God" > all who God is, perfectly wonderful in love and all that is good and right. And our Father is so pleased with His Son, that He has destined His children to be conformed to the image of Jesus, so we also are pleasing to our Father like Jesus is.

And all creation was made "for Him" . . . including for God's purpose to produce many children who are like Jesus. This earth, first of all, is His place for producing people who become conformed to the image of Jesus.

So, in answer to your question . . . in case I have understood you correctly > this earth will last as long as God uses it for this personal purpose. All is personal, not only about physical laws and what they might cause. And then . . . according to what I read in Romans 8:21 > the whole earth will be resurrected so it is suitable for resurrected people who are like Jesus >

"because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." (Romans 8:21)

So, God's creation . . . the way it is now . . . will not last only the way that physical laws of energy decide, but until God has accomplished His purpose of this creation for Jesus.

And this purpose is so Jesus has "many brethren". So, the purpose of this earth is personal and about family :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Every truth has another truth sustaining it and everything depends on this One Great Truth - God Himself. That is why life in God is also seen as wheels within wheels. Each truth of God intersects with the other and when we have the truth of God then we have eyes to see and understand His mysteries.

Ezekiel 1:15:21
As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around.

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

Very interesting read

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Here is what we have about Jesus and creation >

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence." (Colossians 1:15-18)

So, Jesus is "the image of God" and everything was created "for Him". And we have this >

"For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren." (Romans 8:29)

So, Jesus is "the image of God" > all who God is, perfectly wonderful in love and all that is good and right. And our Father is so pleased with His Son, that He has destined His children to be conformed to the image of Jesus, so we also are pleasing to our Father like Jesus is.

And all creation was made "for Him" . . . including for God's purpose to produce many children who are like Jesus. This earth, first of all, is His place for producing people who become conformed to the image of Jesus.

So, in answer to your question . . . in case I have understood you correctly > this earth will last as long as God uses it for this personal purpose. All is personal, not only about physical laws and what they might cause. And then . . . according to what I read in Romans 8:21 > the whole earth will be resurrected so it is suitable for resurrected people who are like Jesus >

"because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." (Romans 8:21)

So, God's creation . . . the way it is now . . . will not last only the way that physical laws of energy decide, but until God has accomplished His purpose of this creation for Jesus.

And this purpose is so Jesus has "many brethren". So, the purpose of this earth is personal and about family :)

Good to know god keeps us alive then :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, god himself aren`t capable of random acts?
Everything fits with His purpose >

"the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will," (in Ephesians 1:11)

Notice how we the church of Jesus are called His "body". A physical human body works and is organized at a level of ability and intelligence much more and better than human intelligence can understand. Because God is managing our human bodies, according to His own ability and intelligence. And, likewise, all things are managed according to how well God is able to coordinate all "according to" His own overall purpose.

All is somehow connected with God producing children who are like Jesus, and helping us to love any and all people. So, we with God can use anything for God's love purpose.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Everything fits with His purpose >

"the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will," (in Ephesians 1:11)

Notice how we the church of Jesus are called His "body". A physical human body works and is organized at a level of ability and intelligence much more and better than human intelligence can understand. Because God is managing our human bodies, according to His own ability and intelligence. And, likewise, all things are managed according to how well God is able to coordinate all "according to" His own overall purpose.

All is somehow connected with God producing children who are like Jesus, and helping us to love any and all people. So, we with God can use anything for God's love purpose.

Did your answer lean towards his actions not being random because you fall under the same thought as most western people that we are just brains?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
we are just brains?
I do not think we are just brains.

There are people who trust that our personalities are a function of brain chemistry. But I personally now understand that we are spiritual beings . . . deeper than our brains that are just physical and chemical.

And so, our emotions come not from brain chemistry, but from our hearts which are spiritual. And our emotions are connected with our motives which are in our spiritual hearts.

Also, God's word says, "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (in Philippians 4:6-7)

And we know God is spiritual in His being, and His peace is spiritual. And this peace guards our minds while we submit to how God rules us in His peace. So, from this I see confirmation of how our minds are spiritual if they can be guarded by God's peace which is spiritual.

So, no we are not brains only; we are not only physical brains, and our personalities are not physical. Our personalities include our preferences, and preferences are of our hearts which are spiritual. And our emotions and feelings are connected somehow with our spiritual preferences.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I do not think we are just brains.

There are people who trust that our personalities are a function of brain chemistry. But I personally now understand that we are spiritual beings . . . deeper than our brains that are just physical and chemical.

And so, our emotions come not from brain chemistry, but from our hearts which are spiritual. And our emotions are connected with our motives which are in our spiritual hearts.

Also, God's word says, "the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." (in Philippians 4:6-7)

And we know God is spiritual in His being, and His peace is spiritual. And this peace guards our minds while we submit to how God rules us in His peace. So, from this I see confirmation of how our minds are spiritual if they can be guarded by God's peace which is spiritual.

So, no we are not brains only; we are not only physical brains, and our personalities are not physical. Our personalities include our preferences, and preferences are of our hearts which are spiritual. And our emotions and feelings are connected somehow with our spiritual preferences.

Good there`s hope for someone :p

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You are talking about God ... a powerful supernatural being .... your mind ... our minds ... our thinking can't even be compared.

Compare your mind with that of a nat ... even that may not be a good example.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You are talking about God ... a powerful supernatural being .... your mind ... our minds ... our thinking can't even be compared.

Compare your mind with that of a nat ... even that may not be a good example.

But he`s not capable of random actions?

Upvote 0