Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Today in my actors training a girl in the class maid a statement about me because I'm bi she first told me I act to straight because how dare I freaking be masculine right ?!! Any way she continued on with her ridiculous speech so I finally said " your not acting very Christ like and you don't merit the term Christian and and anyone who is LGBT - phobic , racist or sexist has no place in the performing arts world I wouldn't even want them to pay for a ticket to see me " is this statement to harsh

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
There's nothing that says that we have to conform to stereotypes. Without knowing the content of her speech, I can't say whether you were accurate in saying that she was not acting very Christ like. Homosexual sex is a sin and Jesus called us to repent of our sins, so if she said that, then she would be very Christ like. Should only those people who agree with your views on LGBT-related issues be able to be employed? In your mind, is that being tolerant of her? Or were you being just as intolerant as her? Tolerance is only in regard to how you treat people that you disagree with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There's nothing that says that we have to conform to stereotypes. Without know knowing the content of her speech, I can't say whether you were accurate in saying that she was not acting very Christ like. Homosexual sex is a sin and Jesus called us to repent of our sins, so if she said that, then she would be very Christ like. Should only those people who agree with your views on LGBT-related issues be able to be employed? In your mind, is that being tolerant of her? Or were you being just as intolerant as her? Tolerance is only in regard to how you treat people that you disagree with.
You know what I don't even want to get into the things you just said that make me mad but I'm trying to be more patient with other like Jesus I'm just saying this girl is in a NYC conservatory for performing arts and there are tons of LGBT as well as racially diverse students I was raised in the south I when to a middle school for performing arts I played soccer and lefted weights and other sports but I also, acted and sang and played guitar I was excepted into a professional Shakespeare company in 10 th grade and I was then accepted into conservatory after high school I was so excited because I was finally leaving the south for good hopefully my point is I fought hard to get out of a place where I was ridiculed for being bi I'm in NYC the melting pot and this girl thinks she can just tear me down she said " u can't be bi u act to straight " then she continued to say " I just don't get people here how can they be so cool with all u LGBT or whatever you call them people it's uncomfortable to know I'm in a class with people like that back where I'm from people don't even mix race and women aren't so pushy they know there supposed to be ladies we know how to live Christian " you understand why I'm mad at her she's ignorant as heck sorry if this was long winded

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You know what I don't even want to get into the things you just said that make me mad but I'm trying to be more patient with other like Jesus I'm just saying this girl is in a NYC conservatory for performing arts and there are tons of LGBT as well as racially diverse students I was raised in the south I when to a middle school for performing arts I played soccer and lefted weights and other sports but I also, acted and sang and played guitar I was excepted into a professional Shakespeare company in 10 th grade and I was then accepted into conservatory after high school I was so excited because I was finally leaving the south for good hopefully my point is I fought hard to get out of a place where I was ridiculed for being bi I'm in NYC the melting pot and this girl thinks she can just tear me down she said " u can't be bi u act to straight " then she continued to say " I just don't get people here how can they be so cool with all u LGBT or whatever you call them people it's uncomfortable to know I'm in a class with people like that back where I'm from people don't even mix race and women aren't so pushy they know there supposed to be ladies we know how to live Christian where I'm from " you understand why I'm mad at her she's ignorant sorry if this was long winded btws

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You know what I don't even want to get into the things you just said that make me mad but I'm trying to be more patient with other like Jesus I'm just saying this girl is in a NYC conservatory for performing arts and there are tons of LGBT as well as racially diverse students I was raised in the south I when to a middle school for performing arts I played soccer and lefted weights and other sports but I also, acted and sang and played guitar I was excepted into a professional Shakespeare company in 10 th grade and I was then accepted into conservatory after high school I was so excited because I was finally leaving the south for good hopefully my point is I fought hard to get out of a place where I was ridiculed for being bi I'm in NYC the melting pot and this girl thinks she can just tear me down she said " u can't be bi u act to straight " then she continued to say " I just don't get people here how can they be so cool with all u LGBT or whatever you call them people it's uncomfortable to know I'm in a class with people like that back where I'm from people don't even mix race and women aren't so pushy they know there supposed to be ladies we know how to live Christian " you understand why I'm mad at her she's ignorant as heck sorry if this was long winded

I'm not trying to get your mad, I'm just trying to help you to realize the truth of your own position. Please explain the relevant difference between you saying that she's in NYC, so she should act differently and her saying that you're bi, so you should act differently. As far as I can tell, you're both playing on stereotypes. I can't agree with her racist comment, but again, do you think that people shouldn't be able to get a job in NYC if they are uncomfortable around LGBT people and think that races shouldn't mix? If you think that, then that would be very intolerant of her.

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not trying to get your mad, I'm just trying to help you to realize the truth of your own position. Please explain the relevant difference between you saying that she's in NYC, so she should act differently and her saying that you're bi, so you should act differently. As far as I can tell, you're both playing on stereotypes. I can't agree with her racist comment, but again, do you think that people shouldn't be able to get a job in NYC if they are uncomfortable around LGBT people and think that races shouldn't mix? If you think that, then that would be very intolerant of her.
Then I'm perfectly fine being intolerant against her she shouldn't be able to get a job in show business like that she's obviously a bigot I reported her to the schools dean

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Then I'm perfectly fine being intolerant against her she shouldn't be able to get a job in show business like that she's obviously a bigot I reported her to the schools dean

How is it that you can be perfectly fine with being intolerant of her while condemning her of being intolerant of you? First take the plank out of your own eye, then you can see clearly to take the speck out of your sister's eye. Tolerance is being egalitarian towards people and elitist towards ideas, not the other way around. Some ideas are good, bad, helpful, or dangerous, so some ideas are better than others, but tolerance is about still treating other people equally when you disagree with their ideas. So if she hasn't tried to mistreat you because she disagrees with your ideas, but you think she shouldn't be able to get a job because she disagrees with your ideas, then you would be the true bigot here.

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How is it that you can be perfectly fine with being intolerant of her while condemning her of being intolerant of you? First take the plank out of your own eye, then you can see clearly to take the speck out of your sister's eye. Tolerance is being egalitarian towards people and elitist towards ideas, not the other way around. Some ideas are good, bad, helpful, or dangerous, so some ideas are better than others, but tolerance is about still treating other people equally when you disagree with their ideas. So if she hasn't tried to mistreat you because she disagrees with your ideas, but you think she shouldn't be able to get a job because she disagrees with your ideas, then you would be the true bigot here.
Being a actor and performer is all about being able to express love for ones self and others we can't be tolerant of intolerance and she is rude her statement was rude and unnecessary she doesn't know my story so she's judging me I'm from the south just like she was but thank God I got out of mindset I spend so much time hating myself and trying to pray away my sexuality but one day by the saving grace of God I came to love myself as I am a child of God made in his image her comment was rude and it's sad to see that she can't be a more loving person I guess she wasnt raised right

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If you can't be tolerant of intolerance, then you should start with being intolerant of yourself. Be first more concerned with your own intolerance than of that perceived in others. Her statement was rude, the world is full of rude people, and we've all been rude before. That doesn't excuse her rudeness, but if only people who have never been rude are able to be employed, then there wouldn't be anyone employed.

Instead of getting upset and being quick to see who can be the most intolerant, be slow to anger and quick to forgive. Instead of overcoming evil with evil, overcome evil with good. Instead of criticizing her for not being Christ like, show her how to be Christ like.

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If you can't be tolerant of intolerance, then you should start with being intolerant of yourself. Be first more concerned with your own intolerance than of that perceived in others. Her statement was rude, the world is full of rude people, and we've all been rude before. That doesn't excuse her rudeness, but if only people who have never been rude are able to be employed, then there wouldn't be anyone employed.

Instead of getting upset and being quick to see who can be the most intolerant, be slow to anger and quick to forgive. Instead of overcoming evil with evil, overcome evil with good. Instead of criticizing her for not being Christ like, show her how to be Christ like.
My mom once told me sometimes the biggest favor you can do for someone is ignore them so il do that and pray for her she got called to the deans office so she'll get her come upends

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
My mom once told me sometimes the biggest favor you can do for someone is ignore them so il do that and pray for her she got called to the deans office so she'll get her come upends

Do you think Jesus ever said to pray for someone to get their come upends? Or did he say to love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you?

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you think Jesus ever said to pray for someone to get their come upends? Or did he say to love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you?
So a bully shouldn't be reported to the proper authorities that can do something about it

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
So a bully shouldn't be reported to the proper authorities that can do something about it

Making a rude comment is not the same thing as bullying. If she continues to harass you after you asked her to stop, then you would be justified in reporting her. Again, I'm trying to figure out why anyone ever making a rude comment means that they shouldn't be able to be employed. Have you ever made a rude comment? If you ignore someone's rude comment, then that means that you let it slide off your shoulder without reacting to it. Reporting everyone who dares to make a rude comment to you is not ignoring them, but rather it is being retributive, and is not at all like how Christ taught.

Upvote 0

Theatreguy18

The Episcopal avenger
Jun 15, 2015
Charleston S.C.
✟13,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Making a rude comment is not the same thing as bullying. If she continues to harass you after you asked her to stop, then you would be justified in reporting her. Again, I'm trying to figure out why anyone ever making a rude comment means that they shouldn't be able to be employed. Have you ever made a rude comment? If you ignore someone's rude comment, then that means that you let it slide off your shoulder without reacting to it. Reporting everyone who dares to make a rude comment to you is not ignoring them, but rather it is being retributive, and is not at all like how Christ taught.
Employment is very different in the performing arts and she is a bully she contsantly makes comments of this nature to people that's considered harassment in our class called " real world performing arts "we learned statistics show that 97 % of directors will not work with homophobic performers the teacher encouraged people who are anti LGBT to keep there mouth shut when in the performing arts world I actually know directors who have fired actors for saying such things people like this are a threat to the performing arts community she most certainly could and should get a job if she keep her bigoted mouth shut and she needs to learn if you can't say anything positive then don't speak I have no time for so called performers with anti women , anti LGBT and racist values

Upvote 0